There are 232 users in the forums

2021-2022 17 TIME WORLD CHAMPION Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Yep..

Also agree.

Random, but it's hard for me to watch Laker home games on the east coast. I was wondering if they still use the "band" defense chant? Like in this game:

[ Edited by FL9er on Dec 19, 2021 at 6:55 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
AD out a month with sprained MCL. Could be worse.

I thought he's done for the year. I was so pissed last night. Bad game last night but weird days right now. Just gotta get thru - gonna be up and down kind of a season.

Time for Bron and Westbrook to carry the team.

4ML, I love your optimism for the team but there's absolutely nothing good about the Lakers except LeBron. Management has completely failed them for the 2nd offseason in a row. AD has become an unreliable and oft injured shell of his former self despite being in his prime. It's sad that LeBron is still playing at such a high level this late into his career and he's surrounded by a bunch of aging and inconsistent veterans.

I think the team is playing much better and is close to being really good. Also - Fizdale ran the show last game and the team showed a completely diff. offense. They were so much better and running better plays. The team was playing hard too other than on defensive boards on a few possessions. Defense has really picked up and I think they have been a top 10 defense since thanksgiving or something like that.

Maybe this team will stay inconsistent and never turn into a really good team. I personally see that they're close and still have high hopes.

I remember a Cavs team that was 19-20 after 39 games and went to the NBA finals and was Kyrie Irving injury away from winning it all.

Not giving up on this team yet. Would love to add a 3nD wing before the trade deadline though - even if that means trading THT.
[ Edited by 4ML on Dec 21, 2021 at 10:24 AM ]
The Lakers just signed Isaiah Thomas and he's playing meaningful minutes. We are trash just accept it lol.

im sure we'd be fine fully healthy and not dealing with COVID but with how old our roster is that's not going to happen. We aren't going to have enough to overcome all this in this West.
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Dec 22, 2021 at 5:25 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This team sucks as it's currently assembled. Hopefully we can trade Westbrick.
Originally posted by susweel:

Probably have to kick in at least a #1 to move his contract. I honestly can't think of any contending team that would touch him. But what do I know.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by susweel:

Probably have to kick in at least a #1 to move his contract. I honestly can't think of any contending team that would touch him. But what do I know.
I agree. I cant imagine any contending team taking on that contract. The Lakers are stuck with RW for better or worse. My guess is that they will still make the 7th or 8th seed when its all said and done.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Westbrook has played well over the last month or so. He hasn't been the problem. I don't see lakers trading Westbrook.

imo Problem has been staying healthy and having some continuity for a team that is mostly unfamiliar with each other.

Also don't see any team running away with 4th seed in the West. That will be there if/when lakers get healthy and start putting together some wins.
Westbrook has played well over the last month or so. He hasn't been the problem. I don't see lakers trading Westbrook.

imo Problem has been staying healthy and having some continuity for a team that is mostly unfamiliar with each other.

Also don't see any team running away with 4th seed in the West. That will be there if/when lakers get healthy and start putting together some wins.

I'm not sure why you defend RW so much. Dude's a walking turnover and takes bad shots, while his defense is all over the place. His stats belie how mediocre of a star player he really is. They can't trade him because no one is taking on his bloated salary over the next two seasons for the kind of "me first" production he brings.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

I'm not sure why you defend RW so much. Dude's a walking turnover and takes bad shots, while his defense is all over the place. His stats belie how mediocre of a star player he really is. They can't trade him because no one is taking on his bloated salary over the next two seasons for the kind of "me first" production he brings.

sadly, this is true.

he hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been that good either.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

sadly, this is true.

he hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been that good either.

Just wait all these guys that have never played winning team ball their entire careers RW, Melo, IT and Deandre just need time to gel

• 4ML
  • Veteran

…bc I'm watching the games and he's actually playing well. He has his faults as you mentioned - turnovers and bad shots and inconsistent defense - but he has cut all those down. Is he a top 20 player - no but he's not been the problem for last 15 games or so.

And a lot of players are overpaid.

Injuries, bad lineups and now Covid has been the major issues. Ppl are overreacting imho bc it's the Lakers. Bucks and Sixers are like couple games better than Lakers b4 covid hit.

Other than Suns, Warriors and Nets - everyone has kind of struggled to start this season. Lakers are 3 games out of 4th spot in the West. I think outrage is completely overblown.
…bc I'm watching the games and he's actually playing well. He has his faults as you mentioned - turnovers and bad shots and inconsistent defense - but he has cut all those down. Is he a top 20 player - no but he's not been the problem for last 15 games or so.

Injuries, bad lineups and now Covid has been the major issues. Ppl are overreacting imho bc it's the Lakers. Bucks and Sixers are like couple games better than Lakers b4 covid hit.

Other than Suns, Warriors and Nets - everyone has kind of struggled to start this season. Lakers are 3 games out of 4th spot in the West. I think outrage is completely overblown.

17 assists to 18 TOs in the last 3 games, all losses, while shooting under 50% from the free throw line and 1/6 from downtown from your starting PG while he eats up a big chunk of your salary cap isn't a problem? Ok
[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Dec 24, 2021 at 11:07 AM ]
17 assists to 18 TOs in the last 3 games, all losses, while shooting under 50% from the free throw line and 1/6 from downtown from your starting PG while he eats up a big chunk of your salary cap isn't a problem? Ok

• 4ML
  • Veteran

Youre looking at box score. Every turnover is not his fault and he has done a good job of setting ppl up for open shots.

And if we are looking at box score - then I prefer to take a bigger sample size than 3 games when half the roster is out with Covid.

Last 22 games
20ppg
49% from the field
34% from 3
65% from FT line (poor)
8apg
7rpg
4.4 turnovers per game (still too high - but again - I'd say at least 1 turnover a game is not his fault at all)

All of this - with mostly 2 big lineups and 2 non-shooters next to Westbrook, Lebron, and AD - that everyone and their mama knows except Vogel that it is terrible spacing for any pg but specifically for Westbrook.

Again - Westbrook is an easy target bc lot of ppl don't like him to begin with. I have watched every single game and every single minute. He has his faults and he hasn't been great - he hasn't been upto my expectations either - but context matters. He has been good with coaching staff really handicapping him with their lineups.
[ Edited by 4ML on Dec 24, 2021 at 2:29 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
That game was on Westbrook. He was terrible in this game. Can't believe Lebron is still playing at this incredible level and that's what makes me feel that they'll eventually figure it out when AD is back.

I'm sure Lakers will make a move or two to improve the team at some point. Not giving up on this year. As long as Lebron and AD are healthy in Apr May and June - I like this teams chances.
Share 49ersWebzone