• 4ML
  • Veteran
Must watch

Georges Niang has been a great pickup for the Sixers
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Georges Niang has been a great pickup for the Sixers

I was surprised Utah let him go bc he was good for them as well. Doens't play defense but next to Embiid and other good defenders on the Sixers - that's less of a concern.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
So the Suns owner is a racist....
Originally posted by jcs:

thankfully this is just an isolated incident...
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
thankfully this is just an isolated incident...

I will personally help him pack his bags and drive his happy ass back to Tucson.
Originally posted by 4ML:
I was surprised Utah let him go bc he was good for them as well. Doens't play defense but next to Embiid and other good defenders on the Sixers - that's less of a concern.

Rudy Gay or Georges Niang, it was a no brainer. Lol
Originally posted by jcs:
So surprising…
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinMT:

Why not both? Especially when Gobert can be a liability in playoffs - you can play small ball for a few minutes with both Rudy and Niang in the game.

Niang is making just 3.4M. Rudy is injured. Poor decision imho.

Why not both? Especially when Gobert can be a liability in playoffs - you can play small ball for a few minutes with both Rudy and Niang in the game.

Niang thought he would command more in free agency and wanted more time. Jazz weren't gonna bite and focused on a guy like Gay who can play both sides of the ball. Niang didn't do himself any favors in the playoffs either. The dude completely disappeared and couldn't make a shot to save his life. I'm completely ok with him being gone. Glad he's having a good start but it's only November. Let's see what he does in the playoffs cause shooting 28% from the field, 30% from three and being unable to guard a snail isn't gonna help your team win.

Niang thought he would command more in free agency and wanted more time. Jazz weren't gonna bite and focused on a guy like Gay who can play both sides of the ball. Niang didn't do himself any favors in the playoffs either. The dude completely disappeared and couldn't make a shot to save his life. I'm completely ok with him being gone. Glad he's having a good start but it's only November. Let's see what he does in the playoffs cause shooting 28% from the field, 30% from three and being unable to guard a snail isn't gonna help your team win.

Luckily all he has to do on the Sixers is hit some 3's which he's doing at 41%. Like you said still very early but has been a very good signing so far
Luckily all he has to do on the Sixers is hit some 3's which he's doing at 41%. Like you said still very early but has been a very good signing so far

Oh absolutely, and I hope he has a career year. I met him, Donovan, and Royce on the sidelines of a Utes game I was working on for ESPN and he's an incredibly nice guy. Even recognized me when they all went to a BYU game a couple weeks later, he's a great guy but he really disappeared last year in the playoffs after having a decent one in the bubble.
Embiid being a baby almost shattered Zo's face.
How about them 1st place Sixers

• 4ML
  • Veteran
How about them 1st place Sixers

They don't need Ben in regular season. Should move him and get someone who can help them win. They can win it all.
Share 49ersWebzone