LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 183 users in the forums

***NBA 2022 OFF-SEASON thread***

Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

This was expected. Rumor is both sides have been working out a team friendly deal for Paul to re-sign with the Suns.

What will be seen as a team friendly deal?

I guess we'll find out when the deal is reached, lol
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Except it's incredibly clear we're not serious contenders with him so it's pointless. This deal and giving Rudy a max deal are just a waste of money and time.

What other option do you have?

Anything really. I really don't care after the past season. That was their best shot and they blew it. Conley is reportedly gonna resign for 3yr/60 million so that's somewhat better but still. It just seems like a waste of money and time if the limit of this team is a first or second round exit. If that's the peak of this team then they should just blow it up.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

This was expected. Rumor is both sides have been working out a team friendly deal for Paul to re-sign with the Suns.

I highly doubt CP3 is gonna sign a team friendly deal.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Miami is getting Lowry. Nice!!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I need some goddamn NBA Free Agency news.

Rumor is 3 years, 90-100M.
Except it's incredibly clear we're not serious contenders with him so it's pointless. This deal and giving Rudy a max deal are just a waste of money and time.

Yeah, its not like Utah can just go star player replacement shopping and reload for 2022. We were lucky enough to have 3 all stars as it is.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Yeah, its not like Utah can just go star player replacement shopping and reload for 2022. We were lucky enough to have 3 all stars as it is.

They already have one bad contract with Gobert, its stupid to add a second. Any team with Gobert at center isn't gonna win a championship. The last two years have proved that. He's too much of a liability. They don't have a chance anyways unless they move him. Conley is an injury plagued mess and has been for years. I didn't want him to begin with and his persistent injuries have proven my point. There's no point in investing in someone unless they can be healthy in May and June. He's not a guy that has shown he can.

It's a win win for both. At this age who knows how much Paul has left. Probably more safe to take the 100 mil over 3 years, than opt back in for one year and bet on himself at his age and injury history.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I don't think that deal is team friendly bc it uses up all the cap. Good deal for CP3 though - to be making 30m+ at age 39.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

They already have one bad contract with Gobert, its stupid to add a second. Any team with Gobert at center isn't gonna win a championship. The last two years have proved that. He's too much of a liability. They don't have a chance anyways unless they move him. Conley is an injury plagued mess and has been for years. I didn't want him to begin with and his persistent injuries have proven my point. There's no point in investing in someone unless they can be healthy in May and June. He's not a guy that has shown he can.

You can't give up on Gobert and Donovan this early. Also disagree with you can't win with Gobert at Center.

You have to use Gobert correctly. Can't have him on the floor if other teams goes ultra small and hitting 3s after 3s. Gotta have a backup Center who can play in small ball lineups. When the other team goes big - Gobert can do his thing.

I think you re-sign Conley and move him at the deadline or next summer if a star is available via trade. You'll have to do what Bucks did - trade multiple 1st round picks and do swaps but that's the best way to land a proven star. I'd do that bc Gobert will still be in his prime and Donovan will be entering his.

I don't think that deal is team friendly bc it uses up all the cap. Good deal for CP3 though - to be making 30m+ at age 39.

It's a lot less than the $44.2M he made this year, that's for damn sure.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

It's a lot less than the $44.2M he made this year, that's for damn sure.

Sure - but that's not gonna give you any room under the cap regardless. If I am the Suns FO - I'd rather he play out his contract instead of committing another 60M to him right now. Can always offer him 2 year $60M deal next summer if he plays just as well in 2022 as he did in 2020-21. Chances are - he is gonna continue to slow down which is more pronounced at guard position bc it makes defending really tough. He can probably still play offense at a high level though.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Lonzo Ball is ready to sign with the Bulls with free agency beginning Monday evening, according to a source.

– via Marc Berman @ New York Post
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Otto Porter Jr. and Rudy Gay are two players the Jazz hold interest in. But those names also come with caveats. Gay is thought to be leaning toward the Los Angeles Lakers. Otto Porter Jr. is leaning towards Nets.

– via Tony Jones @ The Athletic

---------------

Would love Rudy on the Lakers.
Share 49ersWebzone