LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

***Official 2021-22 Soccer Thread***

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Messi Press Conf made me emotional. Sad sad day for Barca. Messi will be Messi with PSG.

I dunno, the Messi tears are a little overdone for me.

He says he wants to stay...so why doesn't he? He just has to take less money. He has the ability to do that.

He agreed to 50% salary reduction.

"Without Messi's wages, salaries would account for 95% of Barcelona's income, while ideally, they should not exceed 70%, "so there's still a lot of work to be done", Laporta said."

la Liga can been kind of easy with these rules in the past but bc Barca and Madrid tried to form super league - they're not gonna let them get off so easy this summer.
[ Edited by 4ML on Aug 9, 2021 at 12:46 PM ]
As a soccer newbie I picked a damn good time to start paying attention lmao. Holy s**t. So many big moves.

Was already planning on following PSG with Donnarumma signing so only gets better with Messi. Gonna follow Chelsea in Premiere cause of Pulisic and Jorginho. Still eyeing the other leagues to figure out who to root for

Really enjoying soccer over the last 2 months
Originally posted by Knowledge:
As a soccer newbie I picked a damn good time to start paying attention lmao. Holy s**t. So many big moves.

Was already planning on following PSG with Donnarumma signing so only gets better with Messi. Gonna follow Chelsea in Premiere cause of Pulisic and Jorginho. Still eyeing the other leagues to figure out who to root for

Glad you've got into it. One thing I'd say in following teams like that, it's great to see the best players but when teams virtually have a monopoly over the game as they have unlimited wealth it, it can become less satisfying. Following a team that can defy the odds will make you appreciate the wins much more. It's not all rosey and there are many more lows than highs but you'll enjoy the highs so much more
Originally posted by Waccoe1919:

Glad you've got into it. One thing I'd say in following teams like that, it's great to see the best players but when teams virtually have a monopoly over the game as they have unlimited wealth it, it can become less satisfying. Following a team that can defy the odds will make you appreciate the wins much more. It's not all rosey and there are many more lows than highs but you'll enjoy the highs so much more

I'm mostly following players rather than teams. Just so happens Donnarumma signed with a powerhouse lol. Also gotta follow the best American soccer player. MLS I watch the Union cause its the local team and they have the best goal song ever made. Serie A is the league I'll prolly follow the most. I have no problem being a front runner. Im casual and just enjoying high level soccer
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Messi's PSG contract will pay him $40m a year.

I recommend watching some Serie A lots of young talent very tight league with great Managers.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Bundesliga starts today with Bayern vs Borussia Monchengladbach
Originally posted by Bellaleo:

I recommend watching some Serie A lots of young talent very tight league with great Managers.

If you look above I said Serie A will be my most watched league
Originally posted by Janitor:
Bundesliga starts today with Bayern vs Borussia Monchengladbach

How can I watch?
Can't wait until tomorrow 7:30am coach set off, Manchester is only an hour away from Leeds so plenty of time for a few beers before.

One of my favourite clips from a Leeds Man Utd game this. Get into em Leeds!!

What are some good YouTube channels for soccer content? Right now all I watch is ESPN FC. Doesnt have to be a major network can be some independents
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Can't wait until tomorrow 7:30am coach set off, Manchester is only an hour away from Leeds so plenty of time for a few beers before.

Manchester United
Originally posted by Shifty:

Manchester United
Yes we were well beaten today 2nd best.

great day though on the beer and we were loud throughout the game.

There was trouble in the city centre and fans of both sides did some not so nice things. Man united fans goading us with turkey flags and Leeds fans responded with Munich chants.

Was great to renew hostilities with them though.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Manchester United

There was trouble in the city centre and fans of both sides did some not so nice things. Man united fans goading us with turkey flags and Leeds fans responded with Munich chants.

Sorry but thats really pathetic.
Originally posted by 4ML:

Manchester United

Sorry but thats really pathetic.

Yes it is I don't agree with it but what is also extremely pathetic is man united fans purposely brought Turkish flags to goad Leeds fans about 2 Leeds fans that were stabbed in turkey. Let's not paint Leeds fans as just pathetic. Man united are as bad

Share 49ersWebzone