LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Leeds United & 49ers Enterprises

As a lifelong 49ers and Leeds f an im excited about the future as the 49ers own almost 40% in Leeds United. But does anyone here know who owns or are 49ers Enterprises. Chad Hurley and Pete Lowy(Westfield) came as investors recently through 49ers but i cannot find anything on who the 49ers enterprises really are? Jed and Parragh mainly?
"49ers Enterprises is the business arm of the NFL's San Francisco 49ers, owned by Denise DeBartolo York, Jed York and John York."
i do know that mate but who are the others is what im trying to find out
  • NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
Denise and John are the owners. They have stepped aside from active roles in the company. Jed has been placed in charge of everything, as their son. Paraag is a long time executive with the team and has been named president of 49ers enterprises. 49ers Enterprises is just a name they came up with to put outside investments/opportunities under. Paraag most likely is the main guy handling everything with Leeds, who then reports to Jed for the final say.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Denise and John are the owners. They have stepped aside from active roles in the company. Jed has been placed in charge of everything, as their son. Paraag is a long time executive with the team and has been named president of 49ers enterprises. 49ers Enterprises is just a name they came up with to put outside investments/opportunities under. Paraag most likely is the main guy handling everything with Leeds, who then reports to Jed for the final say.

Ever since Eddie D left the team to his unqualified sister and her unqualified doctor husband I've been skeptical of how much anyone here really understands running a business of this size. They essentially turned over all control to Jed just because he got a rich kid business degree from Notre Dame. Its not like they chose the most qualified person. It was pure nepotism.

Thankfully Paraag and his business/money management smarts have saved the franchise from total disaster.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Ever since Eddie D left the team to his unqualified sister and her unqualified doctor husband I've been skeptical of how much anyone here really understands running a business of this size. They essentially turned over all control to Jed just because he got a rich kid business degree from Notre Dame. Its not like they chose the most qualified person. It was pure nepotism.

Thankfully Paraag and his business/money management smarts have saved the franchise from total disaster.

Lol
Originally posted by Niners99:

Unqualified? Denise was the owner and president of the Pittsburg Penguins for over a decade and was under control for a Stanley Cup title. She got that team the same way Eddie D got the 49ers. Their dad bought it for them and put them in charge. You can not like her all you want, but unqualified isn't very accurate.

And Jed "got" the 49ers the same family way. It was given to him. It's how this family does it.
Unqualified? Denise was the owner and president of the Pittsburg Penguins for over a decade and was under control for a Stanley Cup title. She got that team the same way Eddie D got the 49ers. Their dad bought it for them and put them in charge. You can not like her all you want, but unqualified isn't very accurate.

And Jed "got" the 49ers the same family way. It was given to him. It's how this family does it.

She sure seemed like she wanted no part of running the 49ers. For someone with successful previous owner experience, it's weird that she turned the team over to her husband, who had no idea how to run a team. It was very much apparent that they had no clue what they were doing in the early-mid 00's. Terry Donahue as GM? Firing Mariucci for Dennis Erickson? Not long after Jed graduated with a bachelors in finance they let him take over everything.

Im just saying, Paraag keeping the team in incredible financial health has been huge. If he had not been here contributing like he has, the franchise would be worse off. Heck, we've only had 4 winning seasons since Mooch was fired as it is. Maybe Jed is just young and making his mistakes as he grows, but I'm still highly skeptical that the York family is actually good at running and sustaining a successful franchise. There always seems to be some BS on the side, whether its taking 4 different tries to install the grass properly, or bickering with and getting sued by the city of Santa Clara.
TDon, much as I loathed him, was recommended by Bill Walsh iirc. Can't really blame them for taking his advice.

Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
i do know that mate but who are the others is what im trying to find out

Haven't heard of the minority owners… not sure if they have any? Didn't know the Westfield guys were minority investors
Originally posted by English:
TDon, much as I loathed him, was recommended by Bill Walsh iirc. Can't really blame them for taking his advice.

Exactly. They almost immediately brought on Walsh as top dog and all the decisions were his. It just didn't work out.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

Bill also drafted Gio Whomazzi over Tom Brady.
Originally posted by SoCold:

Bill also drafted Gio Whomazzi over Tom Brady.

Bill also drafted Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Roger Craig, Ronnie Lott, Eric Wright and a s**t load of others so stfu
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/37827318/leeds-united-takeover-49ers-enterprises-strikes-deal-100-control

I guess I should call it a "club."
[ Edited by fropwns on Jun 10, 2023 at 6:52 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone