LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 348 users in the forums

2024 San Francisco Giants Season Thread

I was legit hoping we'd sign Stroman before the lockout began. Now he's a Cub 3/$71m and opt out after 2. Sounds like we could've done that deal, no?
[ Edited by InfiniteEight on Dec 1, 2021 at 5:58 PM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Lewis Brinson DFA'd. I feel like that has Farhan written all over it.

Brin Diesel
Originally posted by InfiniteEight:
I was legit hoping we'd sign Stroman before the lockout began. Now he's a Cub 3/$71m and opt out after 2. Sounds like we could've done that deal, no?

Damn

I don't think Farhan wanted to pay that much for a pitcher.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

On a short term deal I think he may have. I think it's the 5-7 year deals that makes him hesitant. When he was with the Dodgers they only handed out one five year deal. There have been none since he's been here.
Originally posted by Hopper:

On a short term deal I think he may have. I think it's the 5-7 year deals that makes him hesitant. When he was with the Dodgers they only handed out one five year deal. There have been none since he's been here.

99 is right. We signed Disco to a 3 year $36 mil. Stroman isn't light years ahead of Disco. He's better but not by much.
I would've like seeing Stroman pitch here in SF but I fully trust the process over my impatience
Originally posted by Hopper:

Farhan has succeeded at building rotations that are exclusively bargain bin guys. I don't think hes paying 26 mil per season in any length for any SP unless its a true ace accepting a bargain.
Farhan has succeeded at building rotations that are exclusively bargain bin guys. I don't think hes paying 26 mil per season in any length for any SP unless its a true ace accepting a bargain.

23.6 but who's counting...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think Farhan is going to do, what he did last year and just sign bargain basement players and hope they catch fire.
Originally posted by DocMcstuffins:
Taylor back to LA. Bummer, I would've liked his versatility here with us. Oh well.

Hes fun to hate. Would've been annoying as a Giant. lol

yeah looks like 4/60. I would have liked to add him. Oh well, Story is still available, maybe FZ reaches out?

You guys can't expect him to make this happen every year. Its just not that easy. If he finds a way, great but its highly unlikely.

Also, saying replacing Gausman is easy (not you) is silly. He was an all-star pitcher. Its hard to find all-star pitchers. I am totally fine not paying him long term because contracts are potential and not past performance…just saying for the folks saying its easy to replace, you f**king silly lol.

The s**tty thing is the division, and the NL, are very good. It pretty much takes a year like last year to be in it. And we cannot expect that from Kapler if he doesn't have the roster.

The other thing for the folks (including myself) that get impatient from the lack of signings, is you just don't know if the giants were in the mix. They very well could have been and you just don't know it. Like I always say, FA is tough and not guaranteed because it isn't just what the team wants...its the PLAYERS decision where he goes in the end.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
You guys can't expect him to make this happen every year. Its just not that easy. If he finds a way, great but its highly unlikely.

Also, saying replacing Gausman is easy (not you) is silly. He was an all-star pitcher. Its hard to find all-star pitchers. I am totally fine not paying him long term because contracts are potential and not past performance…just saying for the folks saying its easy to replace, you f**king silly lol.

The s**tty thing is the division, and the NL, are very good. It pretty much takes a year like last year to be in it. And we cannot expect that from Kapler if he doesn't have the roster.

The other thing for the folks (including myself) that get impatient from the lack of signings, is you just don't know if the giants were in the mix. They very well could have been and you just don't know it. Like I always say, FA is tough and not guaranteed because it isn't just what the team wants...its the PLAYERS decision where he goes in the end.

Its not easy, but Farhan isnt just guessing on guys. He looks at predictive metrics and determines who is underrated or likely for a bounce back. Combined with the way Kaplers staff helps a pitcher adjust and maximize his abilities, its not a fluke that he can build a rotation out of guys that most other teams don't think much of. I'm not expecting 107 wins again, but were going to be a playoff team again, even if we don't land a ton of big names.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Jerry Kershaw come on down
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Share 49ersWebzone