LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

2024 San Francisco Giants Season Thread

Originally posted by Garce:
Originally posted by boast:

Wow.... Shocking. Now not trading Bart makes perfect sense. Crazy. One of the GOAT Giants.

It's not that shocking. He took 2020 off and I'm thinking he's played enough. Retire his jersey and let's ride with Bart. #Legend
After hearing his post NLDS interview, this doesnt really surprise me. I was really hoping he would take some time and realize he still had a lot left in the tank, but apparently his mind was made up.

Sad day for us fans regardless.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Buster

Thank you Buster for all the memories. Truly one of the GREATEST GIANT of all time. 2nd Favorite player of all time. Gonna miss him.
Originally posted by Garce:
Originally posted by boast:

Wow.... Shocking. Now not trading Bart makes perfect sense. Crazy. One of the GOAT Giants.

GOAT Bay Sports figures as well.
Just the ultimate Giant in every possible way. Always classy on and off the field. He better get a statue one day. He has been responsible for so many memorable moments. It's a very sad day because I think he has a few good years left but I'm also glad he's going out on top after an all star season.
[ Edited by Leathaface on Nov 3, 2021 at 3:35 PM ]
Damn, sad day. Didn't really see that coming tbh
[ Edited by SFGiant49ers on Nov 3, 2021 at 3:40 PM ]
Damn. I remember driving in the car listening to KNBR when they were talking about him being selected in the draft. He was the player I wanted. Can't even recall exactly why I wanted him I think he was noted as one of the top players that year. MLB draft can be weird some teams at the top don't take the best player cuz they want to save cash or whatever. I think I saw he was considered possibly the best player in the draft and we got him I believe at #6. Storybook career, from ROTY, the injury, the rule changes, the comeback as MVP, the grand slam, the perfect game, the no hitters, buster hugs, the comeback in 2021. LEGEND.
Weeeelp on the plus side this frees up cash to be more of a player in FA
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Thanks, Buster - you we're a good Giant.

Originally posted by mayo49:

Calling Buster a good Giant is like saying Elon Musk is well off financially
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Dammit mayo lol.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Originally I figured he would retire after 2021, but after his great year I thought he would want at least one more season. Sad day. The end of an era. Almost as tough to hear as when Patrick Willis announced his retirement, which was more surprising.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Weeeelp on the plus side this frees up cash to be more of a player in FA

Except now theres a black hole at catcher. And in leadership. They better bring Belt back, because even though it started as a joke, he might actually need to be the captain now.
Share 49ersWebzone