LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

2024 San Francisco Giants Season Thread

So if Scherzer becomes a FA, do we pursue him?
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

I don't see Zaidi doing that

would be the ultimate middle finger to LA.

Yes and kershaw as well, giants should be all in on pitching

Do we want a pitcher who gets tired in the biggest game of the year?
Any chance we make a play for Marcus Semien?
Originally posted by Niners99:

He was still pretty damned good for the Dodgers down the stretch. I wouldnt hold that against him but I wouldnt offer more than 2 years either. Scherzer- Webb-Gausman-Wood would be a solid 4. I think they can afford that with Cueto off the books and waving bye bye to Bryant. I would not go after Kershaw though. Just too many injuries for what the cost will be.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Any chance we make a play for Marcus Semien?

I doubt it. I think LaStella and Flores will handle 2B in a platoon for a lot less than what Semien will cost. The Giants will likely bring back Belt and possibly another low to mid range hitter signing but pitching is where the money will be going
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

He was still pretty damned good for the Dodgers down the stretch. I wouldnt hold that against him but I wouldnt offer more than 2 years either. Scherzer- Webb-Gausman-Wood would be a solid 4. I think they can afford that with Cueto off the books and waving bye bye to Bryant. I would not go after Kershaw though. Just too many injuries for what the cost will be.

Why pay scherzer when we already have Webb

I trust zaidi to find a Diamond in the rough like gausman was for a while
Originally posted by Zachary:

The Giants need 4 starters at this point. Farhan isnt going to find 4 diamonds in the rough in one off season. The money is going to be spent on pitching. Not a lot on hitting in my opinion

The Giants need 4 starters at this point. Farhan isnt going to find 4 diamonds in the rough in one off season. The money is going to be spent on pitching. Not a lot on hitting in my opinion

I'm looking at the trade market this off-season not sure who's available but I can see a move being made that we don't see coming

Im just saying, he already won his ring in 2019, and is approaching his last payday. If have a hard time believing that he couldn't have gone in game 6 if he really wanted it. I think he made a business decision.

Spend the money on scherzer and good luck paying for the other pitchers or hitters

Spend the money on scherzer and good luck paying for the other pitchers or hitters
The Giants have a lot of money coming off the books and he wont get more than a 2 year deal given his age. They can afford him and others if they want to go that route
The Giants have a lot of money coming off the books and he wont get more than a 2 year deal given his age. They can afford him and others if they want to go that route
Well, they did...if they re-sign Belt and Posey, as they did Craw, that money won't be coming off the books...still beholden to Longoria for another year or two. We thought we were going to shed all this salary after this year, but as it turns out, those three are still some of our better players. We are famous for paying for past performances, though. Hope these don't turn out to be "Aubrey Huff" type deals.
Share 49ersWebzone