the Wade error was a killer also.
Originally posted by teylo31:
What a letdown

What you expect with cueto pitching
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

You blaming cueto? He pitched fine. Not sure if you watched the game.
Originally posted by Garce:

I mean my expectations for him are less than gausman desclafani and woods , he gave up 3 which is not very good and he been getting lit up most the year

I mean my expectations for him are less than gausman desclafani and woods , he gave up 3 which is not very good and he been getting lit up most the year

He went 5, gave up 3, only allowed 4 baserunners and struck out 7. Thats a very good outing.
Lol isn't going 6 and giving up 3 considered a "quality start"? So Cueto was on pace for a quality start if Kapler didn't pinch hit for him in the bottom of the 5th. Not a bad outing, the offense just didn't do enough and obviously the debacle in the 7th did them in
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:
Lol isn't going 6 and giving up 3 considered a "quality start"? So Cueto was on pace for a quality start if Kapler didn't pinch hit for him in the bottom of the 5th. Not a bad outing, the offense just didn't do enough and obviously the debacle in the 7th did them in

He kept us in the game. That's job 1 as a starter. He hasn't been great by any means but this game, he wasn't why we lost.
Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:

He kept us in the game. That's job 1 as a starter. He hasn't been great by any means but this game, he wasn't why we lost.

And he got his first career steal lol
Originally posted by Niners99:

He went 5, gave up 3, only allowed 4 baserunners and struck out 7. Thats a very good outing.
It a decent outing . Still a 5.40 era against a bad Pittsburgh team that is last in all of major league baseball in homeruns and runs scored. But better than he has been most of the time anyway.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Niners99:

It a decent outing . Still a 5.40 era against a bad Pittsburgh team that is last in all of major league baseball in homeruns and runs scored. But better than he has been most of the time anyway.

He made a mistake to Reynolds, but his WHIP
was under 1.00 and he struck out 7. I don't have any issues with his outing. The Giants gave that game away.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Reynolds is going to rake this series. You know he wants to stick it to us.
Kuip back in the booth
Gausman just looks like crap since the ASB. He has no control whatsoever. Frickin Pirates at home....
Great job by Guasman to limit that to 1 run and pitching through yet ANOTHER infield error.
Share 49ersWebzone