There are 159 users in the forums

Transgender in sports

• boast
  • Hall of Fame
i've been vocal about this issue previously but i'm not a parent and i'm not a female. with that, i've decided, because this doesn't directly affect me, i'll let those who this does affect speak up and fight for what's best for them. i have not heard about an organized group of female athletes speak up on the issue.
  • Yes
Definitely not the death of women's sports .

will actually help and make it more watchable , which would mean bigger cash flow .
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

will actually help and make it more watchable , which would mean bigger cash flow .

This is what i keep saying...make it happen. Ill watch the WNBA if Juwanaman is in it.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

This is what i keep saying...make it happen. Ill watch the WNBA if Juwanaman is in it.

WNBA loses $10 million a year , sounds like it already ruined bc not enough transgenders are playing
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Once they cross over into Bodybuilding Contests it will become a issue
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
Once they cross over into Bodybuilding Contests it will become a issue

Thought that already happened 30 years ago.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by kidash98:
JimA49ers could have used a different way to describe his points BUT he has valid points, IMO. Like it or not, a male body has an advantage over women body (generally). Male transitioning to female still have that clear advantage (in most cases).

Having said that, I don't know the right answer whether it should be allowed or not. Like Rubs, I see both points and don't know the answer.

agree he has a point as I stated up front, except his analogies were stupid and were not based on science like he stated. My point was just to talk about the issue without being a dick. Because its real people.

My other point is many people keep saying this is the death of womens sports which is also false. Its a very small percentage.

I doubt women's sport will decline however there will be a lot of scrutiny moving forward if it happens.
Originally posted by Joecool:

They were amazingly progressive. Both male and female competitors started taking a horseload of steroids, making any concerns about gender altogether redundant.

On the other hand there is still a considerably high amount of homophobia for a sport where male competitors strip down to Speedos, rub oil all over their bodies and prance around, showing off their muscles on a brightly lit stage.
  • thl408

Only if Juwanaman has boobies. I'd watch dudes with boobs dunk.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Joecool:

They were amazingly progressive. Both male and female competitors started taking a horseload of steroids, making any concerns about gender altogether redundant.

On the other hand there is still a considerably high amount of homophobia for a sport where male competitors strip down to Speedos, rub oil all over their bodies and prance around, showing off their muscles on a brightly lit stage.

The close proximity competitions and sports are the ones that have the most homophobia. Can't wrestle or put oil on a man who may get turned on by it.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Make their own league I say. Only way its fair for everyone.
Originally posted by thl408:

Only if Juwanaman has boobies. I'd watch dudes with boobs dunk.

• thl408
^^ gawd that's so hot.
The progressive moment lacks common sense.
Share 49ersWebzone