There are 76 users in the forums

Transgender in sports

Originally posted by AceDuce49:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
I would think to compete you should have 100% converted to the sex identifying. There will always be an advantage for some but that can't be fixed. If not converted you shouldn't qualify.

I can understand that thought process. You drew a simple line in the sand. But while i think many of them will later in life if they can afford it, I don't think you would be advocating for them to do that at a very early age.

What is there not to understand? You either have male anatomy or female anatomy. Why should any biological man be allowed to compete in physical sports with a biological woman that doesn't have the same physical advantages? It's ridiculous that this is even a thing.

because you have to have empathy for other humans. Read my first post. If you can try and imagine how they feel, to feel that lonely and to be shunned and made fun of. We are talking a very small % of people. I am not saying they should or should not be allowed to compete. I am saying I can see why people wouldn't want them to, but i also recognize these are people who want to compete, belong, have friends, etc.

Why is it that you can't have empathy while still holding to your belief? Does the same empathy apply to people like Rachel Dolezel? How is that any different from being something that you're not? Shouldn't empathy apply to both examples of human beings that don't relate to who they are? While one example gains public support the other is publicly shamed.

Like I said, you can believe that and I understand. But you can also talk about this and show some compassion because these are real humans.

Originally posted by JimA49ers:
This. You are born male or female. It's genetic, and something you can't change just by adding or removing body parts. Your chemistry/ X/Y chromosomes are still the same.
1. Was John Bobbitt miraculously turned into a female when his wife cut his d*** off, and then miraculously returned back to a male when sewn back on?
2. Just because you identify yourself as the opposite sex, does not make you the opposite sex. You can put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. You put a Rolls Royce hood ornament on a VW Beetle, it's still a Volkswagen.

When you talk about real people who feel different than other people and use this example, you don't have empathy. Its just a dick way to make a point. There are so many ways to discuss this without saying stupid s**t like jim did.
Originally posted by SoCold:
Well she's a Senior so I assume she's full grown. She competes against any guy in her weight class. Maybe I'll wait until they are full grown to ask them.

That's awesome for her. It's great that she's able to compete. Do you support her competing against boys/men in other sports?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Well she's a Senior so I assume she's full grown. She competes against any guy in her weight class. Maybe I'll wait until they are full grown to ask them.

That's awesome for her. It's great that she's able to compete. Do you support her competing against boys/men in other sports?

Yeah it's cool. There are a couple girls on the team. A bunch of girl wrestlers in the conference.
Yeah, I don't give a s**t. The goalie on my nephews hockey team was a girl.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
My first inclination is to say no but if women don't care that guys are playing women sports than what do I care? There were 2 girls from our womens high school bball team that after graduated transitioned to men. Would it have been weird if they were in the mens bball program with us? IDK, its a tough convo. Its probably even more weird the other way around, but they aren't choosing to be that way. I am fine with it just don't start the inevitable b***hing when a born guy turned woman gets the biggest contract in WNBA history.

But they do care. There's a number of girls/women who are vocalizing their displeasure over it.

Yea I honestly am surprised women aren't more up in arms over this ? I am not sure women's rights activists set out with the goal that one day guys would be competing in their sports for positions contracts and scholarships etc but again...I can see both sides.
I would think to compete you should have 100% converted to the sex identifying. There will always be an advantage for some but that can't be fixed. If not converted you shouldn't qualify.

I can understand that thought process. You drew a simple line in the sand. But while i think many of them will later in life if they can afford it, I don't think you would be advocating for them to do that at a very early age.

What is there not to understand? You either have male anatomy or female anatomy. Why should any biological man be allowed to compete in physical sports with a biological woman that doesn't have the same physical advantages? It's ridiculous that this is even a thing.

This. You are born male or female. It's genetic, and something you can't change just by adding or removing body parts. Your chemistry/ X/Y chromosomes are still the same.
1. Was John Bobbitt miraculously turned into a female when his wife cut his d*** off, and then miraculously returned back to a male when sewn back on?
2. Just because you identify yourself as the opposite sex, does not make you the opposite sex. You can put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. You put a Rolls Royce hood ornament on a VW Beetle, it's still a Volkswagen.

Wow! That was brilliant what you wrote. Someone get this man published.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

What about the Herms who are born with both parts? Then what, Jim? THEN WHAT?
What about the Herms who are born with both parts? Then what, Jim? THEN WHAT?

Sports aren't for everybody
Biologically born females should be allowed to compete in male sports but testosterone treatments should be banned from all athletics.

Biologically born males should never be allowed to compete in women's sports. Especially contact sports like football, mma, and so on.

Making those rules doesn't have to mean you're transphobic but it's always an unfair for women to compete against a male regardless of what estrogen treatments they may have had.

I'm not even sure how this is a debate other than feeling empathy for transgender people who won't get to play the sport they love against the gender they identify with.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Gaym
Originally posted by Joecool:
No CHOMO but I thought sophomore was full grown for a girl.

that's actually the opposite of "no chomo"
Originally posted by TrumpBoner:
Originally posted by Joecool:
No CHOMO but I thought sophomore was full grown for a girl.

that's actually the opposite of "no chomo"

I'm talking about the biological anatomy of a woman. Get your mind out of the gutter.

Originally posted by Waterbear:
Biologically born females should be allowed to compete in male sports but testosterone treatments should be banned from all athletics.

Biologically born males should never be allowed to compete in women's sports. Especially contact sports like football, mma, and so on.

Making those rules doesn't have to mean you're transphobic but it's always an unfair for women to compete against a male regardless of what estrogen treatments they may have had.

I'm not even sure how this is a debate other than feeling empathy for transgender people who won't get to play the sport they love against the gender they identify with.

I agree with this. I feel bad for them, but it's the cards they've been dealt with. Life isn't fair.
i just wish I was an army tranny and I took the female standards PT test.
They should have trans sport league instead of encroaching on the women league. I'm all for freedom of identity, but competing against all women when physiologically a male, unfair advantage. Imagined Caitlin Jenner competing against women triathletes...
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Feb 11, 2021 at 8:50 AM ]

Yeah it's cool. There are a couple girls on the team. A bunch of girl wrestlers in the conference.

The issue for me is not what you two are describing. Its the opposite. There was a girl on the wrestling team back in the 90s when I was in HS. There was a girl who played offensive line at a high school near by. That isnt a problem for me. If they are physically able to handle competing with the boys, I welcome it. Some can.

Its when the opposite happens when I start to question the fairness to other biologically born females. To me, Fallon Fox crushing her opponents skull because Fallon was born a man and had a major biological advantage, is not something I can get behind.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

The issue for me is not what you two are describing. Its the opposite. There was a girl on the wrestling team back in the 90s when I was in HS. There was a girl who played offensive line at a high school near by. That isnt a problem for me. If they are physically able to handle competing with the boys, I welcome it. Some can.

Its when the opposite happens when I start to question the fairness to other biologically born females. To me, Fallon Fox crushing her opponents skull because Fallon was born a man and had a major biological advantage, is not something I can get behind.

I can see that.
My son wrestled a girl last year and her name was Silver Fox. Her brother was a heavy weight and his name was River Fox.
Share 49ersWebzone