There are 114 users in the forums

Transgender in sports

A GOP governer wants to ban transgendered athletes from competing in sports as the gender they identify with. Basically saying it's unfair to biologically female athletes, and that it can destroy women's sports. Dem leaders are opposed, saying it's discriminatory.

Where do you stand?
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
A GOP governer wants to ban transgendered athletes from competing in sports as the gender they identify with. Basically saying it's unfair to biologically female athletes, and that it can destroy women's sports. Dem leaders are opposed, saying it's discriminatory.

Where do you stand?

I think it would be unfair if a female came in to dominate Lebron in the nba
Warning up front. Be careful what you say and don't be a dick about it. Act like an adult or don't post.

This isn't a comfortable discussion for some.

• there will be people who see it as unfair for biological men who identify as females to compete in female sports. Dads with daughters will think about how their daughters worked so hard only to lose to someone with a genetic advantage. And I get that.
  • And I also see how this isn't a great situation for the person either. I can't imagine being a transgender woman and being forced to compete with boys or chose between not competing or being made fun of. So many a*****es making fun of people for being different. Not everyone is making it up. I really doubt the majority of transgender people woke up and said, you know...I think I will pretend to be a women so I can win the 100m HS state championship.
  • I don't think this ends female sports. That is people trying to grab attention. The reality is this is a very small % of folks. So be realistic at least.

For me, I don't know the right answer. I feel bad for the person and I feel bad for the girl who has to compete against someone who has a genetic advantage.
I would think to compete you should have 100% converted to the sex identifying. There will always be an advantage for some but that can't be fixed. If not converted you shouldn't qualify.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
I would think to compete you should have 100% converted to the sex identifying. There will always be an advantage for some but that can't be fixed. If not converted you shouldn't qualify.

I can understand that thought process. You drew a simple line in the sand. But while i think many of them will later in life if they can afford it, I don't think you would be advocating for them to do that at a very early age.
Can't an argument be made that separation of sex in sports is discriminatory on its face? Are we entering a slippery slope where we will eventually have all sports to be blind to the sex of the athlete?
make their own league
  • Mr711
No. Look at what the US Women's track and field coach said too.
Coming from having a daughter that plays competitively.... absolutely no. Sorry but you can't argue science and now you're trying to tweak science around. Males do not belong in female sports. It's a complete denial of science and shows complete disregard for fairness to say that a male athlete who identifies as female is just the same as the biological females.

I don't buy the testosterone meds route either because unlike in Olympic guidelines, there is no maximum level of testosterone that transgender athletes must not exceed in NCAA sports. Or at the High School level.
That means that many transgender athletes are still competing in women's sports with significantly higher levels of testosterone than that of biological women. Furthermore, there are other bodily features of males that won't disappear with hormone suppressors, such as bone density and height.

Hard no for this father here.
  • Mr711
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
make their own league

Good call here. Like that idea

Where do you stand?

I agree with the Gabbard/Stitt viewpoint.

Originally posted by AceDuce49:

Where do you stand?

I think everyone including transgenders agree with them. The problem is the sensitivity of people because some people see this as "attacking" transgender people when it isn't even an issue.
Women sports suck , would be watchable with some weird looking women
It wouldn't be noticeable...

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

I can understand that thought process. You drew a simple line in the sand. But while i think many of them will later in life if they can afford it, I don't think you would be advocating for them to do that at a very early age.

What is there not to understand? You either have male anatomy or female anatomy. Why should any biological man be allowed to compete in physical sports with a biological woman that doesn't have the same physical advantages? It's ridiculous that this is even a thing.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by AceDuce49:

Where do you stand?

I think everyone including transgenders agree with them. The problem is the sensitivity of people because some people see this as "attacking" transgender people when it isn't even an issue.

I guess people will have to start becoming more sensitized to common/moral sense.
Share 49ersWebzone