There are 222 users in the forums

2020-2021 WORLD CHAMPION Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by 4ML:

damn dude looks ready to get major minutes this season.

We shall see. Backcourt is pretty crowded, so he's really gonna have to play at a high level to see a lot of minutes.

I think he plays good minutes @ 3 this year if rumors are true that AD is gonna play more center.
[ Edited by 4ML on Sep 16, 2021 at 9:05 PM ]

Last post on last page bump

I refuse to use that B word nickname. It's ridiculous lol
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I refuse to use that B word nickname. It's ridiculous lol

Where does it come from?
Just hit me that 1st preseason game is on Oct. 3rd. Whaaaa?!? NBA is almost here!!!!

This is gonna be fun. Doubt the 3 Supes play much in preseason - but this season is gonna be wild!!!! Can't wait for FULL ON transition offense with them 3.
Hope everyone stays healthy or is healthy by the time the playoffs roll around.
Do you think there was some level of embarrassment that the Lakers had by having Wish on their uniforms? Wish is such a garbage company and is the equivalent of an online dollar store. I thought it was interesting that they made a huge change. I havent researched this, but they have to be the first team to change sponsors since they started appearing on jerseys right?
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Do you think there was some level of embarrassment that the Lakers had by having Wish on their uniforms? Wish is such a garbage company and is the equivalent of an online dollar store. I thought it was interesting that they made a huge change. I havent researched this, but they have to be the first team to change sponsors since they started appearing on jerseys right?

That's actually what I thought when they first sign on with them, but some guy did the research and Wish is huge. They're valued at almost $9 billion and did about $2 billion in revenue last year.

The reason they're switching is the new relaxed rule on international marketing the businesses are allowed to use. Most jersey contracts are for about 10 million a year. Their new one with this Korean food company with net them $20 million a year.
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Sep 21, 2021 at 3:37 PM ]

That's actually what I thought when they first sign on with them, but some guy did the research and Wish is huge. They're valued at almost $9 billion and did about $2 billion in revenue last year.

The reason they're switching is the new relaxed rule on international marketing the businesses are allowed to use. Most jersey contracts are for about 10 million a year. Their new one with this Korean food company with net them $20 million a year.

Had no idea Wish was valued that high, but it doesnt change my opinion of them. They are known for knockoff products and cheap imitations. But thanks for the info on the international marketing rules. Had no idea.

Had no idea Wish was valued that high, but it doesnt change my opinion of them. They are known for knockoff products and cheap imitations. But thanks for the info on the international marketing rules. Had no idea.

I couldn't agree more about Wish. I still don't get how they are worth that much with the crap they sell. I've got some good stuff off of wish, but indeed it looks mostly like a bunch of junk.

The sponsors are now allowed to use the team logos on international marketing. Before it was only in the USA. That's why they doubled their money. I imagine more teams will be getting new deals/sponsorships when the contracts expire.

Good to hear all of the lakers will be fully vaxxed on opening night.

Lakers media day tomorrow. Hope no one says done crazy ass s**t like we heard from some players today.

Lakers media day tomorrow. Hope no one says done crazy ass s**t like we heard from some players today.

Lol Kyrie is a moron
Share 49ersWebzone