LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 321 users in the forums

2020-2021 WORLD CHAMPION Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:
I hope Malik Monk takes it to the next level!!! This dude seemed like he didn't developed as quick, but he has Ja Morant athleticism.

Yup! Can't believe we got him for min. I was asking Lakers to sign him with TPMLE couple of days ago - and I thought he'd likely command 9-10m and will have to take pay cut to sign for 5.9m with Lakers. Lol

He's 22-23 who can shoot and most ppl forget - has excellent speed and verticality and has ability to throws down nasty dunks. Really want him to earn starting spot next to Brodie. He's really good in transition - either hitting the 3 or attacking the rim.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Time to upgrade at center. Cmon! Finish this Rob.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by 4ML:
I hope Malik Monk takes it to the next level!!! This dude seemed like he didn't developed as quick, but he has Ja Morant athleticism.

Yup! Can't believe we got him for min. I was asking Lakers to sign him with TPMLE couple of days ago - and I thought he'd likely command 9-10m and will have to take pay cut to sign for 5.9m with Lakers. Lol

He's 22-23 who can shoot and most ppl forget - has excellent speed and verticality and has ability to throws down nasty dunks. Really want him to earn starting spot next to Brodie. He's really good in transition - either hitting the 3 or attacking the rim.

And where is he from?
Originally posted by fropwns:

And where is he from?

your stupid state

I really doubt he will start. Somebody needs to play defense on the other teams Gs. Monk or Westbrook ain't that guy.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

I really doubt he will start. Somebody needs to play defense on the other teams Gs. Monk or Westbrook ain't that guy.

🤔 Westbrook is a solid defender one of the best in the league. Even boxes out to get those rebounds for triple doubles.

🤔 Westbrook is a solid defender one of the best in the league. Even boxes out to get those rebounds for triple doubles.

He's not a solid defender lol, no where close to one of the best in the league. He definitely was a high motor defender for a while, but it's slowed down some over the years. Asking him to guard the best G on the other team would a big mistake. He's still okay/good at times, but he's never been consider a great defender.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Aug 4, 2021 at 5:47 PM ]
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by fropwns:

And where is he from?

your stupid state

• 4ML
  • Veteran

He's not a solid defender lol, no where close to one of the best in the league. He definitely was a high motor defender for a while, but it's slowed down some over the years. Asking him to guard the best G on the other team would a big mistake. He's still okay/good at times, but he's never been consider a great defender.

Westbrook is actually a really good defender. His biggest problem is - he takes too many risks. His team defense can improve but he's decent there also.

Also - he is asked to carry a lot of load on offense. He won't be asked to do so much on offense with Lakers and his defense should get even better.

I'm still puzzled as to why Hornets didn't re-sign Monk (he was RFA) and not just that - they pulled the qualifying offer and made him unrestricted. Makes no sense. Spoke to couple ppl who are Hornets fans - and they didn't understand either why he was let go. They thought he had improved on both ends last season. Also - he's a pretty darn good playmaker too from the 2 spot. If he can be more consistent - could be a big year from him.
[ Edited by 4ML on Aug 5, 2021 at 2:04 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Want to thank Dennis Schroder for passing on the 4yr 84mil contract he was offered in Feb. Would have been tough for Lakers to pull this offseason without that.

Also want to thank Miami Heat and Charlotte Hornets for making Nunn and Monk unrestricted free agents.

I'm pretty happy with how this off-season has turned out, so far. Gotta give a lot of credit to Rob for what he's done and how he's done it.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I'm pretty happy with how this off-season has turned out, so far. Gotta give a lot of credit to Rob for what he's done and how he's done it.

why so much?

• 4ML
  • Veteran
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Austin Reeves is kinda nice.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Just ridiculous talent for that price. Getting Nunn and Monk - 2 young players on the cheap is still something I'm hard time believing. Hope Vogel is gonna play both of them a good amount in the regular season - so they're ready to contribute in the playoffs. .
Share 49ersWebzone