LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

2020-2021 WORLD CHAMPION Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Lillard to LA?

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/story/2021-07-16/damian-lillard-joining-lakers-scenarios
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Lillard to LA?

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/story/2021-07-16/damian-lillard-joining-lakers-scenarios

Highly unlikely the Lakers could make anywhere near the best offer for dame.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Lillard to LA?

Highly unlikely the Lakers could make anywhere near the best offer for dame.

If he gets traded, my pick is the Sixers.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
For Lillard to Lakers to be even a possibility - a LOT of things has to happen.

a) Lillard has to basically tell the ownership that he will only want to be traded to the Lakers.
b) Ownership will have to tell Lillard that they will try to accommodate that request genuinely - and do so.
c) Lakers will have to have a great summer bc they may be in a slightly better position at the deadline than this summer to do the trade.
d) Schorder and THT get re-signed and play well.
e) Kuzma has a breakout year
e) Offer includes - Schroder + THT + Kuzma + swap 2026 + 2027 unprotected pick + swap 2028 pick and 3 2nd round picks

So, in other words - highly unlikely lol

Honestly feel - Lakers need to make a run at Lavine. I think he's gettable since Lavine is a Lakers fan and wants to play with Lebron - and most importantly - going into his last year of the contract. He can actually force Bulls to trade him to the Lakers.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
According to Marc J. Spears of The Undefeated, the Lakers are actually looking at Westbrook as a trade option this summer:

There have also been talks about Washington Wizards star Russell Westbrook being a potential candidate to move back home to Los Angeles in a sign-and-trade deal that could include free agent point guard Dennis Schroder, forward Kyle Kuzma and guard Talen Horton-Tucker, sources said.

----------------------------

This is probably not true but this is 1 path how Lakers can land a star player.
[ Edited by 4ML on Jul 21, 2021 at 11:28 AM ]
Originally posted by 4ML:
According to Marc J. Spears of The Undefeated, the Lakers are actually looking at Westbrook as a trade option this summer:

There have also been talks about Washington Wizards star Russell Westbrook being a potential candidate to move back home to Los Angeles in a sign-and-trade deal that could include free agent point guard Dennis Schroder, forward Kyle Kuzma and guard Talen Horton-Tucker, sources said.

----------------------------

This is probably not true but this is 1 path how Lakers can land a star player.

I've always liked RW mentality and grit but he's not the piece the Lakers need. They need more smart and good players who know how to excel in their roles, not stars. They had KCP, Danny Green, Caruso, McGee, Howard, Rondo in 2020. All guys who by the time the playoffs started knew their roles and what they were asked to do.

They also need another ball handler/true PG because LBJ can't be asked to play PG the entire regular season.

There's a lot of work to do in LA. Aside from LBJ/AD and maybe Caruso/KCP/THT the entire squad could be blown up.
Mike Conley might be had for cheap as he's made enough money and might want to chase a ring. He'd be a perfect fit for us. I'd much rather him than Westbrook. I'm not even sure how we'd afford him. This team doesn't need to be drastic and get people just because they have a name, they need to get complementary pieces.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Westbrook is a great player, but he has the rep of being a ball hawg, hero ball, type of dude. I am not saying it is true, but there is a reason why players keep leaving him behind. Maybe he is ready to settle in, I don't know.
It's the offseason, every player is linked to us
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

If he does - that'll be a huge for this team. I really thought Lakers will lose both Schroder and Trezz for nothing this summer but there are also rumors about Schroder open to S&T and if Trezz is back - that's another asset Lakers can use to put the right team around Bron and AD.

The one way Lakers can actually land Lonzo without triggering hard cap is - Lonzo opts into the qualifying offer (for $14m) only if Pels will trade him to Lakers. Pels and Lakers will essentially have to agree to a deal before. Reason why Pels do it - so they don't lose Lonzo for nothing. Lonzo does it so he can be back in his hometown and with Lakers. Lakers promise to give him a lucrative extension once he is on the team.

Lakers calling Sac about Buddy Hield.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Lakers calling Sac about Buddy Hield.

I'd advise Sacramento FO to check with Utah. Some of their fans think Buddy is a star - so if they have someone in the FO who thinks the same - you may be able to get Donovan for Buddy + 9th.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Lot of talk of ddr to Lakers. All rumors right now but he's from LA and wants to win over making money. Lakers got 5.5M they can throw at him. Cmon!!!
[ Edited by 4ML on Jul 26, 2021 at 8:55 AM ]
Time for a thread title update.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Time for a thread title update.

Nah let's let it ride.
Share 49ersWebzone