LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

2020-2021 WORLD CHAMPION Los Angeles Lakers Thread

I want AD one of these nights to just drop 50 on one of these tiny teams. He could do it, I think more often than you think. I just want him to show that mean streak for a game and dunk 20 times. He scored 11 point the first 6 minutes without even trying lol
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Jan 13, 2021 at 5:34 PM ]
First 7-0 on the road start to a season in franchise history.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I don't take much stock in roads stats this year. Any road records with zero fans breathing down your neck should come with an asterisk.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:

I don't take much stock in roads stats this year. Any road records with zero fans breathing down your neck should come with an asterisk.

True, but the majority of Lakers road games have more Lakers fans than home fans. lol
2. Oh, hey, the Lakers are awesome

The Lakers are fourth in offense and first in defense even though they haven't revved the engine yet. They are different -- particularly on offense, where they are not the same battering ram at the basket -- but they might be better. Their new starting five has outscored opponents by (rubs eyes/checks to make sure I'm conscious) 30 points per 100 possessions. They are playing a more aggressive defense, but they appear just as fearsome -- smart, in sync, huge along the back line.

LeBron James is averaging almost three fewer minutes per game than in any prior season. His touches and time of possession are down beyond what you would expect given that minutes decline. He's running about seven fewer pick-and-rolls per 100 possessions, according to Second Spectrum. This team is playing the long game and dominating the present. Gulp.

They are only scratching the surface of what James and Anthony Davis can do alongside a scoring point guard (Dennis Schroder) within all the space the Lakers opened by signing Marc Gasol.

They ran this Schroder-James pick-and-roll -- with Davis and Gasol in the corners -- against the Rockets on Tuesday until they got bored scoring so easily:

Schroder dusts James Harden in what was Harden's final game as a Rocket, when he may or may not have accidentally worn a Brooklyn Nets jersey underneath his Houston uniform.

Switching exposes another mismatch: LeBron with a point guard on him.

Houston pivoted to drop-back defense after this. It didn't work. Schroder hit LeBron with a pocket pass, and LeBron rumbling to the rim is a DEFCON 1 emergency. The Rockets swarmed, and LeBron kicked to Gasol for a wide-open corner 3.

Davis-at-center lineups offer the same spacing with more speed and defensive versatility.

The Lakers remain favorites to repeat.

ESPN breakdown I came across.

True, but the majority of Lakers road games have more Lakers fans than home fans. lol

Nowadays. Do you remember in the early 2000s, playing in Sacramento, Portland, Phoenix, San Antonio? Hell even the Warriors old arena was loud as f**k. The hostility levels esp after we won a ring in all arenas was unbelievable. A record put up this year against the legendary teams of old as far as road games goes I am not putting much value in.
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Jan 15, 2021 at 11:31 AM ]

Nowadays. Do you remember in the early 2000s, playing in Sacramento, Portland, Phoenix, San Antonio? Hell even the Warriors old arena was loud as f**k. The hostility levels esp after we won a ring in all arenas was unbelievable. A record put up this year against the legendary teams of old as far as road games goes I am not putting much value in.

lol
ESPN breakdown I came across.

Nice read
We clicking

Still gonna hate on Marc though

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Lake Show
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Too easy. Schedule gets a little fun now.
They slept walked through only the first quarter and a half, and then they just smothered them out. Good night sweet princes of yester year.

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jan 17, 2021 at 10:23 AM ]
KCP
Share 49ersWebzone