He's missed the playoffs once in his entire career. At the age of 34
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

As I said. He missed the playoffs in hia prime
Originally posted by tjd808185:

As I said. He missed the playoffs in hia prime

I get the not having enough rings, or finals record isnt great, but hating on him for missing the playoffs once, on a team full of rookies and 2nd year players? Cant get dumber than this take. You win dude, done entertaining this.
I get the not having enough rings, or finals record isnt great, but hating on him for missing the playoffs once, on a team full of rookies and 2nd year players? Cant get dumber than this take. You win dude, done entertaining this.

But you can hate on Jordan for losing early. I don't see any context being added to that.

If someone just says Jordan lost in the 1st derrr, don't get salty when someone says LeBron missed the playoffs.

But you can hate on Jordan for losing early. I don't see any context being added to that.

If someone just says Jordan lost in the 1st derrr, don't get salty when someone says LeBron missed the playoffs.

I give Lebron his props and his career ain't done but what I'm saying is that we are talking best player here. GOAT. Playoff series will expose which players are the best in any individual series. MJ lost playoff series early on BUT he was ALWAYS the best player in that series.

Lebron was not on two occasions in the FINALS of all times that I can remember and this was when he faced Dirk Nowitski and when he faced Kawhi. In 2011 Lebron was outplayed by both Dirk and his own teammate D Wade. In 2014 he was outplayed by Kawhi.

That must not happen even if the team loses if you're the GOAT you better be the best player on the court and not shrink from the moment. You either win or you shed blood and body someone on the way out

Now in 1995 that baseball MJ wasn't the best player. My bad. I concede that
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Dec 30, 2020 at 11:59 AM ]
Originally posted by Zachary:
Why lose in the finals when you can lose before you get there amirite

LeBron has done that plenty too. He's even missed the playoffs in his prime

This is a huge L for you
  • Tman
  • Veteran
MJ is the GOAT

Recency bias is giving lebron his due, just like the argument when Kobe was playing but when it's all said and done it always comes back to MJ

The 2003/04 and 2004/05 seasons didn't happen?
Originally posted by Tman:
MJ is the GOAT

Recency bias is giving lebron his due, just like the argument when Kobe was playing but when it's all said and done it always comes back to MJ

Some people are just too young to understand. Or too captivated by LeBron to remember. Or too butthurt about the 90's Bulls to be objective.
I'm a Huge LBJ supporter since he came out of highschool, and I still believe MJ is the GOAT. If Lebron wins 1 more ring then I think it'll be like 1a 1b because his Cleveland chip was so meaningful. If he some how gets 6, really doubt it, then I think it'll be more towards him.

Originally posted by Zachary:
Why lose in the finals when you can lose before you get there amirite

LeBron has done that plenty too. He's even missed the playoffs in his prime

Hmm, Bulls playoff exits with Jordan (besides the year he came back for only 17 reg season games) were to the Celtics (twice) and the Pistons (three times). So you could haphazardly say they lost to the eventual champions three times and the NBA runner-up twice
[ Edited by 49erminion on Jan 9, 2021 at 11:51 AM ]
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:

Lol this goat talk kills me. Lebron played in the softest era of basketball his entire career. Anything will send you to the foul line.
Originally posted by BMoore56:

Lol this goat talk kills me. Lebron played in the softest era of basketball his entire career. Anything will send you to the foul line.

Id love to see LeBron try and dominate in the 80's when defenders would have an arm in his chest at all times, and he'd take an elbow shot if he tried to barrel into the paint.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by BMoore56:

Id love to see LeBron try and dominate in the 80's when defenders would have an arm in his chest at all times, and he'd take an elbow shot if he tried to barrel into the paint.

Jfc...do you hear yourself? a guy with Brons athletic ability and size would've dominated even more in the 80s. What a terrible take.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Jordan is probably still GOAT, but he did play in a really weak era of the 90s.
Share 49ersWebzone