LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

2020 NHL Draft Round 1 is Tonight

Alexis Lafreniere is expected to go #1 overall to my New York Rangers, will look good with the likes of Kaapo Kakko, Chris Kreider, Artemi Panerin, and Mika Zibanejad in 2021.
Didn't know you were also Rangers fan, AB! Lafreniere is ours!

LGR!
Originally posted by BYisGod:

LGR!

Yeah Man, love my Rangers, sucks that here in Albany NY area only some games are on MSG, while others on MSG are blacked out, like they're a NY team, I'm in NY, so I need NHL Center Ice to watch all NYR games? I know I can watch on the MSG Go App, but it's way behind, and the sound is off for some reason, plus I like watching it on TV, just like 49ers games, I hate watching the NFL Sunday Ticket App, it's way behind the Sunday Ticket on DIRECTV, sometimes minutes/several plays behind.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

LGR!

Yeah Man, love my Rangers, sucks that here in Albany NY area only some games are on MSG, while others on MSG are blacked out, like they're a NY team, I'm in NY, so I need NHL Center Ice to watch all NYR games? I know I can watch on the MSG Go App, but it's way behind, and the sound is off for some reason, plus I like watching it on TV, just like 49ers games, I hate watching the NFL Sunday Ticket App, it's way behind the Sunday Ticket on DIRECTV, sometimes minutes/several plays behind.

Ah, sorry to hear that man—sounds like a real pain! I'm not from the West Coast, so it's always been a challenge for me to catch the 49ers games. I definitely feel your pain.

LGR!

Ah, sorry to hear that man—sounds like a real pain! I'm not from the West Coast, so it's always been a challenge for me to catch the 49ers games. I definitely feel your pain.

Yeah it's a pain, luckily I get NFL Sunday Ticket each year.

BTW, Rangers are up again at Pick 22, wonder where they go? Another Forward? They have a lot of young Defenders in the system, K'Andre Miller, a 2018 1st rd pick is signed for 2020-21 season which begins Jan 1 as of now. Hoping Trouba plays better next season. I hope they keep Tony DeAngelo too. I know Ryan Strome is a RFA, if you're not following the site, follow capfriendly.com, love that site, tracks every NHL teams salary cap.
Rangers just traded 22nd and 72nd pick for 19th pick, pick coming up.
Braden Schneider, Defenseman to the Rangers.

Love the trade—didn't seem like all that much to give up. Didn't see a defenseman coming with the pick, buy hey, I trust JD

It's a good pick for the Rangers. A nasty physical D
For my other fellow Avs fans, is this guy any good?

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Certainly not like the one they traded away to get that pick.

LGR!

neither did i.
Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:

LGR!

neither did i.

Yep, love the Rangers, I missed day 2 of the draft, surprised they got a 2nd rd pick for Lias Andersson, I know he's a former 7th overall pick, but he didn't work out for them.

I wonder what their lines will look like, if they'll retain F Ryan Strome and/or RD Tony DeAngelo, who are both RFAs.

According to CapFriendly.com, they have a projected $23.091M in cap room, but, they only really have like $18M due to them being over the bonus allotment for 2020-2021(Even though it begins tentatively on Jan 1 2021)

I'm curious where Lafreniere plays, which line.

I was listening to NHL radio at the time. When Rangers moved up all the "experts" said Rangers were doing it to draft a forward and they listed off a bunch of forward names.

Meanwhile I was like WTF? Are they on crack? Schneider was the last 1st round D on the board and was known as the physical nasty D. Ofcourse they were doing it for Schneider, not a shred of doubt in my mind. After the Schneider pick, most of the scouting stuff I've read said there was a huge drop off in talent (ie no difference between pick #20 and #40). He was the last 1st round talent and fit the NYR needs perfectly.

On another forum I was predicting the picks in the first 20 and I was generally accurate. Mostly because the picks almost completely followed what some of the reliable experts thought give or take 2-3 spots.

The only "surprises" was Rossi fell 3-4 more spots than expected, likely due to his lack of size. And Jack Quinn went a few spots earlier, likely because of the premium placed on "natural goal scorers."

Nashville going Askarov surprised me a bit just because it seems like then they aren't sold on Saros.

I was listening to NHL radio at the time. When Rangers moved up all the "experts" said Rangers were doing it to draft a forward and they listed off a bunch of forward names.

Meanwhile I was like WTF? Are they on crack? Schneider was the last 1st round D on the board and was known as the physical nasty D. Ofcourse they were doing it for Schneider, not a shred of doubt in my mind. After the Schneider pick, most of the scouting stuff I've read said there was a huge drop off in talent (ie no difference between pick #20 and #40). He was the last 1st round talent and fit the NYR needs perfectly.

On another forum I was predicting the picks in the first 20 and I was generally accurate. Mostly because the picks almost completely followed what some of the reliable experts thought give or take 2-3 spots.

The only "surprises" was Rossi fell 3-4 more spots than expected, likely due to his lack of size. And Jack Quinn went a few spots earlier, likely because of the premium placed on "natural goal scorers."

Nashville going Askarov surprised me a bit just because it seems like then they aren't sold on Saros.

A lot of Rangers fans were surprised by it, cause Hendrix Lapierre, Connor Zary, and Mavrik Bourque were there, but I've heard that Schneider may not be ready for 2-3 years
Share 49ersWebzone