There are 109 users in the forums

San Francisco Giants 2020 Off-season Thread

Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by FaTaL:

shocked they gave up on Garcia. Shaw on the other hand isn't suprising...

Eh, hes a 28 year old catcher with a .229 career avg. and .270 career OB%.

Bro, Tromp is a career .213 hitter.

Hes also younger, and a guy the current regime picked. Of course they were going to pick Tromp over Garcia. We have plenty of catching in the system right now, so they likely opted to keep the guy with more upside. After 7 years in the organization, we probably knew his ceiling.
Jon Morosi of MLB.com reports that the Giants are interested in free agent left-hander Jon Lester.

lol classic Giants, going after the over-the-hill free agent they missed out on years ago now that he'll be cheap.
Jon Morosi of MLB.com reports that the Giants are interested in free agent left-hander Jon Lester.

lol classic Giants, going after the over-the-hill free agent they missed out on years ago now that he'll be cheap.

• FaTaL
  • Veteran
Say no to Lester

Say yes to wood or hill
[ Edited by FaTaL on Nov 24, 2020 at 5:22 PM ]
I'd say we have a better shot at Grey than Lester. I'd like to see us make a play on Grey. He's pitched very well in that band box and would be a nice fit in SF.

I'd like to see what we could get for Snell too. Snell and Grey would be options to look at for SP if I'm the Giants.
[ Edited by wailers15 on Nov 24, 2020 at 6:55 PM ]

If it's for 1 year who cares? It's not like they're throwing him a 6 year deal. We need arms and I don't see them going after the best one in Bauer, this team is rebuilding and after the crap contracts expire after next season then the fun starts
Originally posted by wailers15:
I'd say we have a better shot at Grey than Lester. I'd like to see us make a play on Grey. He's pitched very well in that band box and would be a nice fit in SF.

I'd like to see what we could get for Snell too. Snell and Grey would be options to look at for SP if I'm the Giants.
Snell is going to be too expensive prospects wise for Farhan's liking I would think. Would be a great fit tho
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Snell is going to be too expensive prospects wise for Farhan's liking I would think. Would be a great fit tho

Neither of that is happening.
Originally posted by SFrush:

I wouldn't rule out neither.. not with Farhan at the helm.

But yes I agree it would seem very unlikely
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran

Baltimore hoping Shaw is their next Chris Davis.
Originally posted by SFrush:

I wouldn't rule out neither.. not with Farhan at the helm.

But yes I agree it would seem very unlikely
You can rule it out.
Big Z looking into Dan Straily too. Former Oakland A of course...
  • Garce
  • Veteran

Baltimore hoping Shaw is their next Chris Davis.

Or Mike Yazstremski
[ Edited by Garce on Dec 1, 2020 at 4:10 PM ]
Heard on KNBR that Heyman or someone said we would be a good fit for Kris Bryant lol
Share 49erswebzone