LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

San Francisco Giants 2020 Off-season Thread

Originally posted by Niners99:
Im just saying, outside of a Crawford comp in someone's draft profile he never gave anyone a reason to get excited about him in the professional ranks. Not being horrible in high A San Jose in 2010 was the high watermark of his career.

He was one of the 5 whiffs the Giants took in the 1st in 2007 after they picked Bum.

You mean you didnt like these picks? Come on man.
Tim Alderson #22 ( Rick Porcello taken 27)
Wendell Fairley #29
Nick Noonan #32
Jackson Williams #43
Charlie Culberson #51

One of the worst drafts ever other than Bum. The problem with it was other than perhaps Fairley there was no one with any big upside. Williams was a no hit catcher in college only know for his defense. In the Giants defense though it was a really bad year to have 5 picks in top 51.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
Wasn't Ainsworth part of that infamous trade for Sidney Ponson? We also traded Damian Moss in that trade. Noah Lowry was good until injuries caught up with him

Lowry was awesome, that change up was matrix like
Originally posted by FaTaL:
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
Wasn't Ainsworth part of that infamous trade for Sidney Ponson? We also traded Damian Moss in that trade. Noah Lowry was good until injuries caught up with him

Lowry was awesome, that change up was matrix like

I remember being juiced when he went like 6-0 or something and yea that change up was filthy.

Random, but my sister is friends with his girlfriend lol.
I told her to hook it up with tickets as a joke and she said he's a part of some club thing for them. Like a junior giants or something-like org. So he's usually there in a bar area hanging out and said I could come sometime. And then fans weren't allowed in after that, so solid timing
I could see Z taking a chance on Alex Wood. Spent 4-5 years on LAD and is only 30. Cheaper low-risk SP.
Remember we get Beede back and also have Humphries from the NYM.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
I could see Z taking a chance on Alex Wood. Spent 4-5 years on LAD and is only 30. Cheaper low-risk SP.

Wood is a perfect guy for Z
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

Or hill

Which is kinda stupid because eventually right field won't be boarded up.
  • Garce
  • Veteran

Originally posted by Garce:

I always felt that was overblown, it's funny how all these away players with legit power still homer against us. For years Goldschmidt didn't have problems, Arenado sure as hell doesn't or any lefty who comes in with legit power. But oh well as long as now hitters are interested

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

I always felt that was overblown, it's funny how all these away players with legit power still homer against us. For years Goldschmidt didn't have problems, Arenado sure as hell doesn't or any lefty who comes in with legit power. But oh well as long as now hitters are interested

Dis
  • Garce
  • Veteran

Why would anyone who gets paid for offense want to play where there numbers are severely truncated? No one would willingly do that unless they are overpaid, we have had a 20 year case study that proves it.

Why would anyone who gets paid for offense want to play where there numbers are severely truncated? No one would willingly do that unless they are overpaid, we have had a 20 year case study that proves it.

You'd think we would have interest from every pitcher then
Originally posted by Zachary:

You'd think we would have interest from every pitcher then

This has been my argument for years. We kept striking out on big name bats and fans excused that because of the ballpark. If the ballpark was such a big factor in why hitters refused to sign here, the exact opposite would be true about pitchers. And we have been striking out on them as well.

Well, you really only have a one year study, after the ballpark changes.
Share 49ersWebzone