There are 113 users in the forums

San Francisco Giants 2020 Off-season Thread

Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:
Originally posted by Zachary:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Well my boys are recruiting Bauer hard!! Lol. His agent is rocking the Giants mask they sent her. All she's said so far is we need to do more work as fans...Padres are working it hard

Wut

Lol this

I know some guys that train out there in AZ and know his agent. They sent her a bunch of Giants swag and what not.
Not the only ones doing it. Folks from all around from different fan bases are sending in stuff to sway interest. All fun and games.
Two guys who worked at my sons baseball school, They have a spot down there for training. cage use and an outdoor training spot (mainly catchers use the outdoors spot I hear). So they sent her a bunch of Giants stuff. Masks, shoes. They're Giants fans. Grew up in the bay.
It's nothing big so sorry if I made it sound like a big deal
(FYI Barry Bonds is his favorite player I believe)
[ Edited by wailers15 on Oct 21, 2020 at 7:39 PM ]
So it's official ; no DH next year in the NL. I thought that they agreed to that though, but I was mistaken. this will for sure change the plans of attack, Especially with all of the MI's we have.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/10/23/how-losing-the-dh-in-2021-would-impact-the-sf-giants-plans/
[ Edited by wailers15 on Oct 23, 2020 at 1:21 PM ]
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,378
Originally posted by wailers15:
So it's official ; no DH next year in the NL. I thought that they agreed to that though, but I was mistaken. this will for sure change the plans of attack, Especially with all of the MI's we have.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/10/23/how-losing-the-dh-in-2021-would-impact-the-sf-giants-plans/
That's so dumb, just make it permanent
Originally posted by FaTaL:
Originally posted by wailers15:
So it's official ; no DH next year in the NL. I thought that they agreed to that though, but I was mistaken. this will for sure change the plans of attack, Especially with all of the MI's we have.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/10/23/how-losing-the-dh-in-2021-would-impact-the-sf-giants-plans/
That's so dumb, just make it permanent

For some reason I swear I thought they said this year and next they would do the DH?
Also sounds like 7 inning double headers is what the players want.
As well as a runner on 2nd in extra innings.

I'm no fan of the extra innings rule but If they do go that route what about implementing the runner on 2nd say in the 12th inning?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 52,774
Originally posted by wailers15:
For some reason I swear I thought they said this year and next they would do the DH?
Also sounds like 7 inning double headers is what the players want.
As well as a runner on 2nd in extra innings.

I'm no fan of the extra innings rule but If they do go that route what about implementing the runner on 2nd say in the 12th inning?

It could change. I believe their is a CBA negotiation ahead.
Originally posted by Garce:
Originally posted by wailers15:
For some reason I swear I thought they said this year and next they would do the DH?
Also sounds like 7 inning double headers is what the players want.
As well as a runner on 2nd in extra innings.

I'm no fan of the extra innings rule but If they do go that route what about implementing the runner on 2nd say in the 12th inning?

It could change. I believe their is a CBA negotiation ahead.

There is indeed
Guarantee fkn Kapler would've pulled Snell too we saw that a lot this year
Originally posted by wailers15:
Guarantee fkn Kapler would've pulled Snell too we saw that a lot this year

After the initial anger subsided when Cash did that, this is all I could think about. I agree.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Guarantee fkn Kapler would've pulled Snell too we saw that a lot this year

After the initial anger subsided when Cash did that, this is all I could think about. I agree.

Facts, I'm so sick and tired of that analytics bs. White Sox just hired La Russa, there's no way in hell he signed up to have the GM tell him what lineups to play and pull your ace or starter when he's dominating after facing the lineup 3rd time around. I expect the same thing when Bochy comes out of retirement.

This is why we see managers getting paid a mil to less because GM's and the analytics department is pretty much making the moves and managers aren't managing with their gut and feel for the game like Bochy did.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 52,774
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Facts, I'm so sick and tired of that analytics bs. White Sox just hired La Russa, there's no way in hell he signed up to have the GM tell him what lineups to play and pull your ace or starter when he's dominating after facing the lineup 3rd time around. I expect the same thing when Bochy comes out of retirement.

This is why we see managers getting paid a mil to less because GM's and the analytics department is pretty much making the moves and managers aren't managing with their gut and feel for the game like Bochy did.

Forget the fact that analytics are a large part of why the Ray's were the #1 team in the AL and why they were in the world series to begin with.

Analytics is BS!

The dodgers are one of the leading analytical teams in baseball who also happened to have the biggest payroll

Originally posted by Garce:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Facts, I'm so sick and tired of that analytics bs. White Sox just hired La Russa, there's no way in hell he signed up to have the GM tell him what lineups to play and pull your ace or starter when he's dominating after facing the lineup 3rd time around. I expect the same thing when Bochy comes out of retirement.

This is why we see managers getting paid a mil to less because GM's and the analytics department is pretty much making the moves and managers aren't managing with their gut and feel for the game like Bochy did.

Forget the fact that analytics are a large part of why the Ray's were the #1 team in the AL and why they were in the world series to begin with.

Analytics is BS!

The dodgers are one of the leading analytical teams in baseball who also happened to have the biggest payroll

Yah In a 60 game season and look at the dodgers roster compared to any ones else. They can probably get away with pulling starter earlier, let's not pretend this season was the same as a regular 162
  • Garce
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 52,774
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Yah In a 60 game season and look at the dodgers roster compared to any ones else. They can probably get away with pulling starter earlier, let's not pretend this season was the same as a regular 162

I don't understand what your point is.

The rays win because of analytics. The fact that their entire roster costs less than the dodgers pitching rotation is a testament to that.

It's also a large part of why the giants were competitive this year. Whenever Kap didn't go by analytics and with his gut, it usually backfired horribly.

Analytics are a part of baseball now, it's time to get over not liking it. It's the reality.

I don't think Belt and Crawford have resurgent seasons without it.
I wonder if we are going to get to the point of no managers if it's all analytic based. Fielding spots, lineups, decisions, it won't matter who the manager is. So why even have one eh
Originally posted by Garce:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Yah In a 60 game season and look at the dodgers roster compared to any ones else. They can probably get away with pulling starter earlier, let's not pretend this season was the same as a regular 162

I don't understand what your point is.

The rays win because of analytics. The fact that their entire roster costs less than the dodgers pitching rotation is a testament to that.

It's also a large part of why the giants were competitive this year. Whenever Kap didn't go by analytics and with his gut, it usually backfired horribly.

Analytics are a part of baseball now, it's time to get over not liking it. It's the reality.

I don't think Belt and Crawford have resurgent seasons without it.
You really think the rays in a 162 game season reach the WS and we compete till the end for the playoffs? You seem to forget this past season was 60 games, the f**king marlins got in and beat the Cubs in the playoffs not saying analytics don't matter but there's times these managers over manage just like Kevin cash did.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 52,774
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
You really think the rays in a 162 game season reach the WS and we compete till the end for the playoffs? You seem to forget this past season was 60 games, the f**king marlins got in and beat the Cubs in the playoffs not saying analytics don't matter but there's times these managers over manage just like Kevin cash did.

Are you talking about the Tampa Bay Rays who won 96 games in 2019 over 162?


I think that answers your question.
Share 49erswebzone