There are 105 users in the forums

San Francisco Giants 2020 Off-season Thread

Originally posted by wailers15:
So it's official we will have the 14th pick ... meh... without the college or HS season this draft I would imagine be heavy on the college picks.

Obviously Rocker will get all the attention at the top. I would've loved for us to be in a position to get Jack Leiter but I doubt he will fall that far. Hoglund our of Ole Miss could be there. A nice RHP.

We need more pitching but a realistic pick would be Christian Franklin out of Arkansas. Kid is a solid OF prospect with a lively bat.

I was really pissed there wasn't a College season this year. Some really good talent out there and makes for some fun ball to watch. I'm sure most here don't watch a lot of college ball but I recommend checking in around the CWS time. Super fun.

14th is decent. What did we have last year?
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

we had the 13th pick. Yet the difference was there was amateur ball being played

we had the 13th pick. Yet the difference was there was amateur ball being played

1 pick difference, and yet the feeling after the season is much higher. I can't wait till Ramos comes up, Beede returns, and Moronta is back as closer.

1 pick difference, and yet the feeling after the season is much higher. I can't wait till Ramos comes up, Beede returns, and Moronta is back as closer.

I'm pumped for Ramos, & Wilson. Beede ... screw him. He's trash. Doubt we will get much of a return on him. Took him a long time to crack the bigs and he struggled. Hopefully the TJ surgery helps him improve

I'm pumped for Ramos, & Wilson. Beede ... screw him. He's trash. Doubt we will get much of a return on him. Took him a long time to crack the bigs and he struggled. Hopefully the TJ surgery helps him improve

Also, once Ramos comes up, that will be the end of Jaylin's chance for playing time.
So it's official we will have the 14th pick ... meh... without the college or HS season this draft I would imagine be heavy on the college picks.

Obviously Rocker will get all the attention at the top. I would've loved for us to be in a position to get Jack Leiter but I doubt he will fall that far. Hoglund our of Ole Miss could be there. A nice RHP.

We need more pitching but a realistic pick would be Christian Franklin out of Arkansas. Kid is a solid OF prospect with a lively bat.

I was really pissed there wasn't a College season this year. Some really good talent out there and makes for some fun ball to watch. I'm sure most here don't watch a lot of college ball but I recommend checking in around the CWS time. Super fun.
The Giants are loaded in their system with OF prospects. Ramos, Bishop, Canario, Matos, and Pomeras. The only position that I would pass on pitching would be a super power hitter that plays corner infield. But starting pitching is really where I think they will go.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

The Giants are loaded in their system with OF prospects. Ramos, Bishop, Canario, Matos, and Pomeras. The only position that I would pass on pitching would be a super power hitter that plays corner infield. But starting pitching is really where I think they will go.

Z spent a 2nd round pick on that power hitter Logan Wyatt in 2019.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I hear ya. Not a lot of of CI's with power in this draft. Hey you never can have enough OF prospects (Bryan Reynolds )
Some good HS pitching prospects but with this pandemic I could see the college P route being drafted
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran

Originally posted by FaTaL:

Damn
Well my boys are recruiting Bauer hard!! Lol. His agent is rocking the Giants mask they sent her. All she's said so far is we need to do more work as fans...Padres are working it hard
Well my boys are recruiting Bauer hard!! Lol. His agent is rocking the Giants mask they sent her. All she's said so far is we need to do more work as fans...Padres are working it hard

Wut
Originally posted by Zachary:

Wut

Lol this
Ramos gets hurt alot it seems.
https://www.sfchronicle.com/giants/article/Key-Giants-prospect-Heliot-Ramos-sidelined-in-15656744.php
Share 49erswebzone