LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 407 users in the forums

Houston Astros stole signs throughout their 2017 championship season.

Cora took the blatant cheating to Boston too.
Imo alot of these NFL teams are doing a version of this surveillance sign stealing .

Case in point the Ravens looking like trash after that guy on their sideline was caught with an earpiece.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
No amount of fines, loss of draft picks or suspension of front office members/coaches is a harsh enough penalty.

Ask a fan of a random team if they would sacrifice draft picks, organizational suspensions and fines for a title. I would find it hard to believe anyone would say no.

Still hope they strip Houston of their title.

Yup.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
No amount of fines, loss of draft picks or suspension of front office members/coaches is a harsh enough penalty.

Ask a fan of a random team if they would sacrifice draft picks, organizational suspensions and fines for a title. I would find it hard to believe anyone would say no.

Still hope they strip Houston of their title.

If you could directly correlate the World Series title with cheating, with specific proof that they used it during key, game altering moments during the series, they MIGHT look into stripping them. But without detail specific, black and white situations, they cant just say "You cheated that year, so we're going to assume it won you the WS." Maybe they do have that proof.

Like ive said multiple times, MLB isn't going to make itself look bad unless theres no other choice. They only want to punish the Astros, not baseball history. Everyone now thinks their title is tainted, so erasing it from the books isn't really necessary.

Damn
^so basically they got away with it. Aside from teams like the Yankees, every team would sign up for those penalties if it meant a title.

MLB dropped the ball and I cant say I am surprised.
Wtf? Anything less than forfeiting the AL West to the Angels and I WAS NOT GOING TO BE HAPPY.

But seriously though there was no way that they were going to strip a title IMO. This is a pretty steep penalty otherwise.

#TeamFirst
Originally posted by valrod33:

#TeamFirst

#wrongthread

That 5M theyre fining them is probably what they made in merchandise sales during the World Series. That's nothing. lol
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by valrod33:

#TeamFirst

#wrongthread

lol, oops.

Oh well. GO NINERS
No vacating the title, no care.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
That 5M theyre fining them is probably what they made in merchandise sales during the World Series. That's nothing. lol

Yup lol. What a joke.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
No vacating the title, no care.

This, it was worth it
Share 49ersWebzone