LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

Houston Astros stole signs throughout their 2017 championship season.

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
There is virtually no chance that MLB is going to strip Houston of the title and either leave it vacant or reward the Dodgers with the title. NOT going to happen. Houston will be fined a huge sum of money, likely lose draft picks and international money and there could be suspensions of people involved. But thats it in my opinion.

Yes it is. And my opinion is, after hearing many people talking about the punishment potentially being incredibly harsh, that stripping them of their title is absolutely something they would consider.
would you like to make a large wager on this?
There is virtually no chance that MLB is going to strip Houston of the title and either leave it vacant or reward the Dodgers with the title. NOT going to happen. Houston will be fined a huge sum of money, likely lose draft picks and international money and there could be suspensions of people involved. But thats it in my opinion.

Yes it is. And my opinion is, after hearing many people talking about the punishment potentially being incredibly harsh, that stripping them of their title is absolutely something they would consider.

They will just pretend this isnt an issue and just try to hide it like they did with drugs in the 80s, then steroids, then juiced balls. Only thing that you can bet on is that they will absolutley f**k this up.

LOL that's what I was thinking.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Why would he bet on this? All he said that many baseball people have also said its a possiblity.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Niners99:

Why would he bet on this? All he said that many baseball people have also said its a possiblity.

No. He said he heard the penalty would be incredibly harsh. Its his opinion that stripping the title is something MLB would consider. I just dont see that ever happening.

Make a wager that it is something they would consider? Not sure how either of us could prove that its under consideration.
No. He said he heard the penalty would be incredibly harsh. Its his opinion that stripping the title is something MLB would consider. I just dont see that ever happening.

Cmon John. Re-read my posts. The bolded was and is my argument. I never once said it WOULD happen.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Nov 25, 2019 at 11:06 AM ]

Cmon John. Re-read my posts. The bolded was and is my argument. I never once said it WOULD happen.

Ok. And I dont think it's something they would ever seriously consider.

And that's fine. But your/99's opinion is no more valid than mine. Its clear that MLB is taking this very seriously.

And that's fine. But your/99's opinion is no more valid than mine. Its clear that MLB is taking this very seriously.

Vacating a title makes the sport look horrible. MLB can make an example out of Houston with hefty fines and penalties without marring its own history books. I just dont think theres even a 1% chance they take Houston's title. It would be cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Question. Has anyone from MLB even suggested that this is being considered. Maybe I missed that. I mean do you REALLY think this is something that baseball would do? I think its about as likely as the Warriors winning the NBA title this year. LOL
Question. Has anyone from MLB even suggested that this is being considered. Maybe I missed that. I mean do you REALLY think this is something that baseball would do? I think its about as likely as the Warriors winning the NBA title this year. LOL

So you are asking if Manfred or one of his people have publicly said they are considering it?

No, they havent.

I really hope your point by asking that isnt "if they havent said it explicitly, how can you think its possible?"
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Nov 26, 2019 at 9:20 AM ]

So you are asking if Manfred or one of his people have publicly said they are considering it?

No, they havent.

I really hope your point by asking that isnt "if they havent said it explicitly, how can you think its possible?"
We can just agree to disagree. I dont think there is any chance whatsoever that MLB will strip the Astros of their title nor will it ever be a serious consideration. I guess you think its possible. I do think there will be record fines, multiple draft picks taken away, international money lost, and possibly suspensions. But the WS title stripped? Nope.
damn

from worst to first.

[ Edited by TonyStarks on Nov 27, 2019 at 12:41 AM ]
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
damn

from worst to first.

Lol! "They know what's coming. They are so good at picking up things."
Share 49ersWebzone