LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

Houston Astros stole signs throughout their 2017 championship season.

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by English:
Baseball's integrity has been damaged for most of its history. I will continue to bring up the fact that the 1919 White Sox THREW THE WS to get a payout from the mafia, the Reds got a free title, and baseball let that stand in the books. Imagine if that happened today. How can the 2017 WS be wiped off the books and not the 1919 WS? The integrity of the game is LONG gone.

Imagine thinking punishing a team that did NOTHING wrong is the same as punishing a team who cheated to win the World Series. Couldnt be me.

Is the Reds 1919 WS legitimate?

Yes. They beat the team that faced them. If a poor team somehow gets to a final (NE Patriots in Super Bowl XX springs to mind) that doesn't devalue the winning team. When considering Ditka's Bears no one says, yes but it was only the Pats. So the Bears, or the Reds 1919 is legitimate imo. If the other team throws the game, cheats or whatever, that is not against the other team.

Would you celebrate a WS victory if you found out the other team let you win for money? The entire series was tainted. The White Sox ruined it for both teams.

100 years ago...How people handled things a 100 years ago shouldn't continue to be the standard today.

Still boggles my mind why the Black Sox scandal is brought up in the first place. They are not even close to the same thing.

Like ive said multiple times already, im not comparing the situations, im talking about the standard of how baseball handles a tainted World Series. To me, it doesn't make sense to let one tainted WS stand and another be vacated.
Like ive said multiple times already, im not comparing the situations, im talking about the standard of how baseball handles a tainted World Series. To me, it doesn't make sense to let one tainted WS stand and another be vacated.

It's not comparable and the cheating team won. In this case cheating is rewarded. The Astros didn't cheat to lose. I don't even follow this line of thought bruh
I'm all for baseball limiting metal banging at Astros games because that would be annoying to listen to as a fan. But baseball taking all these signs about the Astros cheating is going too far. It's almost to the point where they are punishing fans more than they punished the players that cheated
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I'm all for baseball limiting metal banging at Astros games because that would be annoying to listen to as a fan. But baseball taking all these signs about the Astros cheating is going too far. It's almost to the point where they are punishing fans more than they punished the players that cheated

Supposedly the story is that the specific Spring Training park doesnt allow signs and never has. The optics of this situation look bad, but it's not new. And I am the last person to stick up for the Astros.

MLB has sign policies in MLB stadiums, but they have to do with size. We will see if sign content is going to be policed. I sincerely hope not.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Taking fan signs was called for. Next they need to eject fans that boo at the games.
Supposedly the story is that the specific Spring Training park doesnt allow signs and never has. The optics of this situation look bad, but it's not new. And I am the last person to stick up for the Astros.

MLB has sign policies in MLB stadiums, but they have to do with size. We will see if sign content is going to be policed. I sincerely hope not.

Word
pain in the ass IMO. Pitchers already have to deal with enough stress.
....and so it begins.....

Altuve already beaned.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Altuve already beaned.

Such a huge target
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DickWedgie:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Altuve already beaned.

Such a huge target

Not really, dude is like 5'6

Good
Can't wait to watch sports center every night and see a new sign a fan made about them cheating lol
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Can't wait to watch sports center every night and see a new sign a fan made about them cheating lol

I think I've seen "I had a better sign but the Astros stole it" about 147,000 times already
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/blue-jays-ken-giles-says-hes-willing-to-give-back-2017-astros-world-series-ring/
Share 49ersWebzone