LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 200 users in the forums

Houston Astros stole signs throughout their 2017 championship season.

Originally posted by Scottie15:
This is a huge deal. There's an entire Reddit thread that outlines everything, video evidence of all the games involved, etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/dw1u4g/astros_sign_stealing_video_footage_megathread_for/

These dudes are notorious cheaters.

Yeah this is a horrible look for the MLB. I read somewhere that in the 18 playoff games they played, the 9 road games they were averaging 3 runs a game, and it almost doubled for the 9 home games, including a slugging percentage of over .500

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

lol
So What!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Vacating the Title?

Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Vacating the Title?

I'm here for it.
On the radio today they said it's rumored they also hooked a pulsating system up to batters and buzzed them to let the know the pitch coming. One buzz fastball, two offsoeed for example. Seems far fetched.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Vacating the Title?

I'm here for it.

Itll never happen. It would make MLB as a whole look terrible. Plus as much as the Dodgers want to finally get that title, nobody wants to be awarded something due to disqualification.

Originally posted by Niners99:

Vacating the Title?

I'm here for it.

Itll never happen. It would make MLB as a whole look terrible. Plus as much as the Dodgers want to finally get that title, nobody wants to be awarded something due to disqualification.

They don't necessarily need to award it to anyone if it gets stripped.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Vacating the Title?

I'm here for it.

They would have to prove this happened during the 2017 playoffs and the WS right?

Vacating the Title?

I'm here for it.

They aren't going to leave a title vacated either. Even the 1919 Reds got credit for the WS title.

Vacating the Title?

I'm here for it.

They aren't going to leave a title vacated either. Even the 1919 Reds got credit for the WS title.

Wait, what? How are the two situations comparable at all? The White Sox weren't stripped of a title. The Reds won the title. There was no awarding of a title to a team in the 1919 situation.

I completely disagree with you that IF the Astros were stripped of their title, that they would award the title to another team. That makes absolutely no sense.

IF the Astros are stripped of their title, there will be no champ that year. Period. Saying it would be given to the Dodgers and using 1919 as your justification for it is beyond head scratching.

Vacating the Title?

I'm here for it.

Wait, what? How are the two situations comparable at all? The White Sox weren't stripped of a title. The Reds won the title. There was no awarding of a title to a team in the 1919 situation.

I completely disagree with you that IF the Astros were stripped of their title, that they would award the title to another team. That makes absolutely no sense.

IF the Astros are stripped of their title, there will be no champ that year. Period. Saying it would be given to the Dodgers and using 1919 as your justification for it is beyond head scratching.

Yep, you can't just give it to the Dodgers, because the Yankees and Red Sox presumably were cheated out of their chance at the title, too.
Share 49ersWebzone