LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 409 users in the forums

Houston Astros stole signs throughout their 2017 championship season.

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Damn that sucks to be an Astros fan! Now knowing that your first title is tainted. All your great players like Altuve and Bregman along with coaching staffs played a major part of this scandal. I'm thinking about our own Giants players like Posey who are highly regarded in this game doing this kind of s**t. Damn, I'd rather not win a championship than go through this kind of scandal as this will be attached to your team's legacy.

So, about those 1951 "Shot Heard 'Round the World" NL pennant winning Giants...

You mean the 1951 Giants who didn't win the WS? Who cares.

So cheating is only wrong if you win the WS and not if you use it to get to the WS? Okay, sure.
Damn that sucks to be an Astros fan! Now knowing that your first title is tainted. All your great players like Altuve and Bregman along with coaching staffs played a major part of this scandal. I'm thinking about our own Giants players like Posey who are highly regarded in this game doing this kind of s**t. Damn, I'd rather not win a championship than go through this kind of scandal as this will be attached to your team's legacy.

So cheating is only wrong if you win the WS and not if you use it to get to the WS? Okay, sure.

Pfft, Giants could steal signs all day. Still wouldnt fix their s**tty hitting.

When did I say it wasn't wrong? It was 70 years ago, didn't result in a championship. Why is it relevant to anyone in this discussion?
All these Astros players acting like they didn't do nothing wrong. f**k the MLBPA lol and especially the Astros.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Jan 21, 2020 at 11:56 AM ]
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
All these Astros players acting like they didn't do nothing wrong. f**k the MLBPA lol and especially the Astros.

Amen Gore.
Where is the line for stealing signs?

Is it OK for a player on 2b to steal signs and relay them to the hitter?
How about a person in the stands with binoculars, putting a foot on the rail when an offspeed pitch is called?
It has been part of the game since the 1800s.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

How about a person in the stands with binoculars, putting a foot on the rail when an offspeed pitch is called?

it's illegal to use technology like fookin ' buzzers and hidden cameras . That's crossing the line. If you can lip read the opponents catcher telling the pitcher say,''Fastball,'' like when Kevin Mitchell and Will Clark did it, then it's ok.

Technology.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

it's illegal to use technology like fookin ' buzzers and hidden cameras . That's crossing the line. If you can lip read the opponents catcher telling the pitcher say,''Fastball,'' like when Kevin Mitchell and Will Clark did it, then it's ok.

Technology.

Technology like binoculars, telegraphs and lights go back to the 1800s. It is as old as the game.

I am fine with discouraging it but I am amused by the notion that the Astros did anything new or more egregious than what was being done 120 years ago. And that is another reason I wouldn't go overboard with punishment.
Y'all that are cool with it, how would you feel about hearing the patriots hacked into the headsets of the other team

Originally posted by Zachary:
Y'all that are cool with it, how would you feel about hearing the patriots hacked into the headsets of the other team
I wouldn't be surprised.

Technology.

Technology like binoculars, telegraphs and lights go back to the 1800s. It is as old as the game.

I am fine with discouraging it but I am amused by the notion that the Astros did anything new or more egregious than what was being done 120 years ago. And that is another reason I wouldn't go overboard with punishment.

Lol.

Pete Rose was talking about this. And he said if he had to choose between being allowed to use roids or have the ability to know what pitch was coming, he would easily take knowing what pitch was coming.

This is like another team hacking into the other teams headset and knowing what exact play is coming. Why you think that is okay makes no sense.

This is way different than sign stealing with a guy on 2nd. And if the binoculars part is true that's not legal either.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Jan 21, 2020 at 8:28 PM ]

Technology.

lol so because teams used to cheat with binoculars decades ago, the Astros shouldn't be punished harshly? To me theres a massive difference between looking for a sign from the bleachers and strapping a buzzer under your jersey that tells you what's coming.
lol so because teams used to cheat with binoculars decades ago, the Astros shouldn't be punished harshly? To me theres a massive difference between looking for a sign from the bleachers and strapping a buzzer under your jersey that tells you what's coming.

Boom

Technology.

lol
Share 49ersWebzone