LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

Golden State Warriors Talk

we're gonna blow this huh?
Dray!
I think Steph just ran out of gas. They battled though with just playing 8 guys on a back to back
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I think Steph just ran out of gas. They battled though with just playing 8 guys on a back to back

That or the lights out trick worked!

Needed someone else to step up offensively to help Wiggins and Steph there at the end, just didn't happen. Dray did everything he could on both ends in the 4th but nobody else really helped out much. Tough L
We would be a top 5 team in the Western Conference if we made the correct draft pick.

Yes I am an adult and yes I will continue to cry about it for the foreseeable future.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
We would be a top 5 team in the Western Conference if we made the correct draft pick.

Yes I am an adult and yes I will continue to cry about it for the foreseeable future.

Normally, I don't like to cry or rant lol but seeing how physical Jaxson Hayes has become, Wiseman is nowhere near that. However, I do remember Hayes being a non-factor early one when he was drafted. It did take time for him to really showcase that defensive ability and tenacity in the post. I'm sure having someone like Steven Adams mentoring him probably benefits him.

Still holding out hope that Wiseman makes a huge jump next season.

I wish I could.

I was in the Wiseman camp, looks like Ball would have been the better pick.
However Wiseman is better at 19 than Kevin Garnett and Jermaine Oneill were, so let's not freak out quite yet.
Read an article online about what would happen if we received Minny's #4 pick and if Cade / Mobley / Green went 1,2,3.

The reporter said the Warriors should select Kuminga over Suggs. Because of his size, explosion, and athleticism, it's difficult to pass on a wing that brings this much versatility. The shooting needs some work, but he showed early on the G-League season that he's got some potential.

It would be tough to pass on a playmaking point guard that possesses two-way ability in Suggs, but that's where taking Ayo Dosunmu with the Warriors pick could end up working.

Curry / Klay / Wiggins / Dray / Wiseman
Ayo / Oubre (?) / Kuminga / JTA / Looney
Nico / Poole

Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Read an article online about what would happen if we received Minny's #4 pick and if Cade / Mobley / Green went 1,2,3.

The reporter said the Warriors should select Kuminga over Suggs. Because of his size, explosion, and athleticism, it's difficult to pass on a wing that brings this much versatility. The shooting needs some work, but he showed early on the G-League season that he's got some potential.

It would be tough to pass on a playmaking point guard that possesses two-way ability in Suggs, but that's where taking Ayo Dosunmu with the Warriors pick could end up working.

Nico / Poole

I'd take Suggs and hope for Kispert to be available at the warriors pick, but you do know stars will be disgruntled after an early exit from the playoffs and the warriors will be in on everything considering the assets they could have, or if Kawhi opts out in a sign and trade with us. So much will be talked about.
Originally posted by Viperboy:

However Wiseman is better at 19 than Kevin Garnett and Jermaine Oneill were, so let's not freak out quite yet.

No he wasnt. Jermaine played 10 minutes a game on a 50 win team and still managed to positively affect the team more than Wiseman has. Garnett is much of the same (but with more minutes than Jermaine). Every advanced metric shows this.
Originally posted by Viperboy:

No he wasnt. Jermaine played 10 minutes a game on a 50 win team and still managed to positively affect the team more than Wiseman has. Garnett is much of the same (but with more minutes than Jermaine). Every advanced metric shows this.

O Neal's best season his first 4 seasons was 4 pts and 3 rebounds...advanced metrics, shmetrics
Ill wait 2 years before I freak out on Wiseman.
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Nico / Poole

I'd take Suggs and hope for Kispert to be available at the warriors pick, but you do know stars will be disgruntled after an early exit from the playoffs and the warriors will be in on everything considering the assets they could have, or if Kawhi opts out in a sign and trade with us. So much will be talked about.
I think there will be better players than Kispert if the Warriors pick around 12-14. But honestly, my hope would be for Green falling to 4. If we get him I dont care who the next pick is.
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Nico / Poole

I think there will be better players than Kispert if the Warriors pick around 12-14. But honestly, my hope would be for Green falling to 4. If we get him I dont care who the next pick is.

Agreed here. Kispert struggled in the tourney and one can't help but think all the talent on that roster helped him mightily throughout the season and masked his deficiencies. What I did notice was that his 1-on-1 defense wasn't bad, but I certainly don't see him being as valuable to us than JTA right now.

If Jalen Green falls to 4 and he's the pick, I'd be jumping off the walls. Would be such a homerun pick for us. My only hope would be if Franz Wagner is still on the board for our second pick, but by early accounts, it sounds like he's moving up draft boards to becoming a top-10 pick. Ziaire Williams is definitely an interesting name to follow as a developing 3.
Share 49ersWebzone