LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

Golden State Warriors Talk

According to Connor SF Chronicle Warriors beat writer. He is hearing that if the Warriors get the 1st pick it they will select Anthony Edwards. It makes sense for the Warriors to select Edwards since he is the most NBA ready out of all the prospect not sure if he is the best one but if they want to compete next season Edwards can contribute right away. Edwards would be a good bench player coming off the bench with Jordan Poole and Paschall the problem with Edwards is his defense and consistency.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nothing03:
According to Connor SF Chronicle Warriors beat writer. He is hearing that if the Warriors get the 1st pick it they will select Anthony Edwards. It makes sense for the Warriors to select Edwards since he is the most NBA ready out of all the prospect not sure if he is the best one but if they want to compete next season Edwards can contribute right away. Edwards would be a good bench player coming off the bench with Jordan Poole and Paschall the problem with Edwards is his defense and consistency.

I think they should take Wiseman. We need a center with some size and adds some offense and defense.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jun 7, 2020 at 10:09 AM ]
I'm all in on Edwards or Melo. Edwards first.
Originally posted by mayo49:

I think they should take Wiseman. We need a center with some size and adds some offense and defense.

They are not high on Wiseman there's been multiple reports regarding to it I have a feeling due to maturity, only played 4 games in college and possibly the fit. Kerr prefer to have someone that can switch. They are also high in Marquese Chriss.

@Steve as Lamelo no chance they would draft him.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

They are not high on Wiseman there's been multiple reports regarding to it I have a feeling due to maturity, only played 4 games in college and possibly the fit. Kerr prefer to have someone that can switch. They are also high in Marquese Chriss.

I thought he could grow into the position, but there is concern about his maturity, I agree. I can see Edwards being more of a fit, with how Kerr uses his players, we'll see.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jun 7, 2020 at 11:46 AM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
We would be stupid not to draft Wiseman, guy fills all the needs we are missing, shot blocking, rebounding and can run the floor, look how many times we got dominated at the center position in the past.

I thought he could grow into the position. There is concern about his maturity I agree. I can see Edwards being more of a fit, we'll see.

I can see the Warriors using Edwards like Eric Gordon from the Rockets a instant scorer from the bench pairing him up with Paschall.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat:
We would be stupid not to draft Wiseman, guy fills all the needs we are missing, shot blocking, rebounding and can run the floor, look how many times we got dominated at the center position in the past.

That's my thinking - it'd be nice to have a 7 footer that can run the floor, play some defense and has a decent outside shot. We'll see how it shakes out.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jun 7, 2020 at 11:56 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I thought he could grow into the position. There is concern about his maturity I agree. I can see Edwards being more of a fit, we'll see.

I can see the Warriors using Edwards like Eric Gordon from the Rockets a instant scorer from the bench pairing him up with Paschall.

Yeah, then he can move into the starting spot when Klay hangs them up.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I need some goddamn Warriors draft news.

wow i can't believe Klay is 30 already.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Yeah, where has the time gone?

We getting old mayo.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

We getting old mayo.

Yep.
I'd just try and package the pick in a trade. No one in this draft is really going to help us out in the long term
Share 49ersWebzone