LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

Golden State Warriors Talk

Originally posted by bayarealuv:
We get giannis yet

Would you guys be willing to give up Klay to get Giannis?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
We get giannis yet

Would you guys be willing to give up Klay to get Giannis?

Nope, the point is trying to add Giannis with both Steph and Klay. Giannis driving all day to the lane with Klay and Steph shooting will be near unstoppable. S**t not gonna happen tho unless he flat out tells the Bucks I won't sign anywhere else but GS
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Nope, the point is trying to add Giannis with both Steph and Klay. Giannis driving all day to the lane with Klay and Steph shooting will be near unstoppable. S**t not gonna happen tho unless he flat out tells the Bucks I won't sign anywhere else but GS

I feel you but i dont think 3 picks and wiggins will get it done.

It'll get done if Giannis says so
Originally posted by ads_2006:

But I don't think he said that he wanted to go to the Warriors. But I wonder how he would feel playing with Curry.

But I don't think he said that he wanted to go to the Warriors. But I wonder how he would feel playing with Curry.

Curry is the ultimate team first superstar, look how he took 2nd seat next to KD and made sure KD was comfortable and happy. Sure Giannis would like to play with him, Giannis isn't going to say anything unless Bucks fail to win a title. But we don't even know if Giannis is that type of guy
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Jordan practiced with the Warriors for a couple days in 94, gave him a Warriors #23 jersey 😀
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/michael-jordan-golden-state-warrior-it-happened-—-kind-of/ar-BB14ISGN?li=BBnba9I

Curry is the ultimate team first superstar, look how he took 2nd seat next to KD and made sure KD was comfortable and happy. Sure Giannis would like to play with him, Giannis isn't going to say anything unless Bucks fail to win a title. But we don't even know if Giannis is that type of guy

I hope not. He could pull that card, just like PG13 did, and AD basically said Lakers or Boston only. But Giannis playing next to 3 future HOF players would be awful for the NBA, especially if he's not a baby like Durant.

Plus, I just don't get why Warrior fans feel like they need a 4th superstar. The league right now is very balanced, all the contending teams just has a big 2 really. GS, when healthy, is the most talented team in the league. I clown on Wiggins, but I'll take Wiggins any day as my 4th best player.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
I hope not. He could pull that card, just like PG13 did, and AD basically said Lakers or Boston only. But Giannis playing next to 3 future HOF players would be awful for the NBA, especially if he's not a baby like Durant.

Plus, I just don't get why Warrior fans feel like they need a 4th superstar. The league right now is very balanced, all the contending teams just has a big 2 really. GS, when healthy, is the most talented team in the league. I clown on Wiggins, but I'll take Wiggins any day as my 4th best player.

The league is not now, nor has it really ever been balanced for the last 3 decades. There were always about 4-5 teams that had a realistic chance of winning the title in any given year. It might have decreased a little when the Warriors were in our dynasty run. But it really hasnt gone up now. You say the league is balanced, but I challenge you to name more than 3 or 4 teams that really have a realistic chance of winning it all.

Lakers
Clippers
Bucks
(huge gap)
Raptors/Sixers/Celtics? Maybe?

I cant see anyone other than the top 3 teams winning it all. The league isnt balanced at all.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

The league is not now, nor has it really ever been balanced for the last 3 decades. There were always about 4-5 teams that had a realistic chance of winning the title in any given year. It might have decreased a little when the Warriors were in our dynasty run. But it really hasnt gone up now. You say the league is balanced, but I challenge you to name more than 3 or 4 teams that really have a realistic chance of winning it all.

Lakers
Clippers
Bucks
(huge gap)

I cant see anyone other than the top 3 teams winning it all. The league isnt balanced at all.

you stopped reading after that part lol. let's try again.

i said, the league right now is very balanced, all the contending teams have a big 2 really.

i am talking about the balance for the best teams in the NBA right. this is not like when Boston and Lakers in the 80s had their big 3 / 4 and nobody could contend. or the Bulls with their big 3 / 4. or The Heat or even Boston with KG/Pierce/Allen/Rondo. Lakers, Clippers, Bucks, Sixers, Houston, Boston, all these teams have all nba players, this year, and next year (especially with the Nets) it's the most open the NBA has been since the early 90s.

Warriors have Green, Curry, and Klay, that's more s5 talent than any other team in the NBA. Throw Wiggins in there, and it's the best lineup by far. What more you do you want? You disrespecting Curry, Klay and Green to think that those 3 alone can't win on their own, when they've already done it.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on May 28, 2020 at 2:51 PM ]

• mayo49
  • Veteran
With Klay, Steph and Green - they won the most games in NBA history.

i said, the league right now is very balanced, all the contending teams have a big 2 really.

i am talking about the balance for the best teams in the NBA right. this is not like when Boston and Lakers in the 80s had their big 3 / 4 and nobody could contend. or the Bulls with their big 3 / 4. or The Heat or even Boston with KG/Pierce/Allen/Rondo. Lakers, Clippers, Bucks, Sixers, Houston, Boston, all these teams have all nba players, this year, and next year (especially with the Nets) it's the most open the NBA has been since the early 90s.

Warriors have Green, Curry, and Klay, that's more s5 talent than any other team in the NBA. Throw Wiggins in there, and it's the best lineup by far. What more you do you want? You disrespecting Curry, Klay and Green to think that those 3 alone can't win on their own, when they've already done it.

True but they had a much better bench and depth back then. And since their annual salaries nearly doubled than it did 5 years ago, it will be harder for them to sign another player.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Lakers
Clippers
Bucks
(huge gap)

I didnt stop reading, and I get your point. All the contenders have 2 stars, so thats even. My question is why do you feel that matters? That hasnt led to more competitive basketball this season. Its still 3-4 teams with any real chance of winning, just like any other year.

And I dont think we need another star to compete. But people always want more, myself included. Doesnt mean we cant compete if we dont get more.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Looks like we'll have the first pick in the draft (pending the lotttery), if the league comes back with only 22 teams.
[ Edited by mayo49 on May 30, 2020 at 10:14 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Looks like we'll have the first pick in the draft, if the league comes back with 22 teams.

FreeTheFreak!
Share 49ersWebzone