There are 310 users in the forums

Golden State Warriors Talk

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Been impressed with Poole and Chriss so far this preseason.

Yep. SO far so good. The problem the Dubs have is trying to figure out who they will release or trade if they want to keep Chriss. Seems like it will be either:
1) Trade Jacob Evans for a 2nd rd pick to open a spot
2) Trade Omari Spellman for a 2nd rd pick to open a spot
3) Release Alfonzo McKinnie

I like the upside of Chriss, only 22 years old and looks like he might be figuring out things. Mckinnie had some good moments but I think Criss would be a lot more valuable.

Agreed. McKinnie is a good rebounder but just not a good enough shooter at this point. Id let him go to keep Chriss as well.

Chriss is a three, correct?
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Yep. SO far so good. The problem the Dubs have is trying to figure out who they will release or trade if they want to keep Chriss. Seems like it will be either:

I like the upside of Chriss, only 22 years old and looks like he might be figuring out things. Mckinnie had some good moments but I think Criss would be a lot more valuable.

Agreed. McKinnie is a good rebounder but just not a good enough shooter at this point. Id let him go to keep Chriss as well.

PF, Warriors been throwing him in at center during the preseason.
Originally posted by mayo49:

NO

I say 1 (we have enough guards on the team) or 3 (but I actually like McKinnie).
One more week till NBA is back
- So far Poole exceeded my expectations eventhough struggled last game. According to reports he added 20 lbs. of muscles in the summer. Basically a young Nick Young with less Athleticism.
- Mckinnie is the odd man out I doubt any team would trade for Spellman or Evans I don't think they have any value.
- Chriss will be valuable off the bench combining him with Looney will be a good combo.
- I am still not sure how Russell fit in with the team and still holding my judgement.

March 15 is the date to lookout for. This is when the Dubs can add a 15th roster spot and sign another player. Also the buyout date and hopefully Klay is back. I hope we can possibly convince Bogut to play again. Looking at the preseason we need a defensive anchor in the middle. Or maybe a decent wings will be bought out by March 15.

3 please
Originally posted by nothing03:
- So far Poole exceeded my expectations eventhough struggled last game. According to reports he added 20 lbs. of muscles in the summer. Basically a young Nick Young with less Athleticism.
- Mckinnie is the odd man out I doubt any team would trade for Spellman or Evans I don't think they have any value.
- Chriss will be valuable off the bench combining him with Looney will be a good combo.
- I am still not sure how Russell fit in with the team and still holding my judgement.

March 15 is the date to lookout for. This is when the Dubs can add a 15th roster spot and sign another player. Also the buyout date and hopefully Klay is back. I hope we can possibly convince Bogut to play again. Looking at the preseason we need a defensive anchor in the middle. Or maybe a decent wings will be bought out by March 15.
I think you are wrong Evans and Spellman. There is no doubt in my mind that there would be teams willing to give up a future 2nd rd pick for them. Both are worthy of roster spots on most teams. Young and a year removed from being 1st rd picks. That is worth a 2024 2nd rd pick. LOL

I dont think Bogut will come back. He did it to get a ring but I seriously doubt he would come back for a team that most likely will not win a title. Thats a very long season after playing in Australia. Just dont see the Dubs wanting him at this point or Bogut wanting to come

I think you are wrong Evans and Spellman. There is no doubt in my mind that there would be teams willing to give up a future 2nd rd pick for them. Both are worthy of roster spots on most teams. Young and a year removed from being 1st rd picks. That is worth a 2024 2nd rd pick. LOL

I dont think Bogut will come back. He did it to get a ring but I seriously doubt he would come back for a team that most likely will not win a title. Thats a very long season after playing in Australia. Just dont see the Dubs wanting him at this point or Bogut wanting to come

Let's hope you are right that Evans or Spellman has any value. I prefer to get rid of Spellman over Evans. Spellman looks awful and slow hasn't shown much. I rather give his minutes to Paschal and Chris.

Maybe you are right about Bogut. I'm hoping there will be some decent player on the buyout around March preferably in the wings or possibly a Center.
Ugh,my draft crush Carsen Edwards ( who was available when the Dubs picked ) hit 8 3's and scored 26 points last night for the Celtics..the 8 3's and 26 points where in the 3rd quarter alone !,
Originally posted by Viperboy:
Ugh,my draft crush Carsen Edwards ( who was available when the Dubs picked ) hit 8 3's and scored 26 points last night for the Celtics..the 8 3's and 26 points where in the 3rd quarter alone !,

Lets see what he does when the games actually count

Another disappointment on me so far is D'Angelo Russel hasn't shown much of anything. Looks like just a role player or 6th man on the bench hope I am wrong.
Another disappointment on me so far is D'Angelo Russel hasn't shown much of anything. Looks like just a role player or 6th man on the bench hope I am wrong.

Season could be ugly fast. It was fun while it lasted.
Originally posted by Loco49er:

Season could be ugly fast. It was fun while it lasted.

We look like a G-League team compared to the Lakers. Looks like a throwback from the Monta Ellis Era .
We look like a G-League team compared to the Lakers. Looks like a throwback from the Monta Ellis Era .

Life without our back court

Yikes.. ugly
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

Life without our back court

Yikes.. ugly

I told you guys - it's going to be a long season. Tank and draft a center or Small forward.
Share 49ersWebzone