Golden State Warriors Talk

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FaTaL:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Man, I hope they aren't targeting Deni.

Yup, his draft report sounds so much like dunleavy
Yeah, I know.
Anyone catch Edwards' Klutch workout that was on ESPN? Definitely showed explosion driving in for the dunk. When he got to shooting jumpshots, he missed the first three and then heated up. Knocking down 3 after 3. I definitely see the Zach Levine comparison more.

Couple other points as I catch up on this thread:

• Ugh Brandan Wright. Ugh making Anthony Randolph "untouchable". What a headcase he was.
  • For Wiseman's upside, I still see Whiteside at this point. Still hoping Charlotte does trade up to that #1. Teams will want to move up to #2 for Edwards or Ball whether it be ATL, NYK, PHX.
  • I'm kinda glad the Aaron Gordon rumors have died down a bit. I'm actually a fan of his, but don't quite think it would be a fit. His mid-range is inconsistent, but he'd be long enough to play some tough defense next to Draymond.
  • Still hoping for a trade down for Okongwu or Saddiq.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
2 weeks to go.
2 weeks to go.

[ Edited by AsianJeff on Nov 5, 2020 at 7:26 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
^^^
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Bey, Vassel, Williams, Halliburton, Okoro........... these guys just don't do it for me if we trade back
^^^

Originally posted by jimrat:
Bey, Vassel, Williams, Halliburton, Okoro........... these guys just don't do it for me if we trade back

That trade above makes us more versatile on both ends of the floor. Oubre's still young, plays good defense due to his length and has shown he can score the ball a multitude of ways. Bey, I feel, is the pick due to his experience playing in a defense that handles more switching than majority of the players in the draft. He's strong and quick. Offensively, we all know he can shoot the 3 ball, but he can actually create due to having some experience as a point guard before a growth spurt that got him to 6'8''.

Vassell is a risk to me only because of the change of his shooting form. Also, his size worries me. Sure, he can add some weight to his frame, but I think it will limit how many positions he can guard early in his career. Okoro I really see being an Iggy type of player. Looks real similar from his positioning on defense, his physicality, his explosion, but also in his inconsistency shooting the ball. Williams.....still one of my dark horses in this draft. Already a good defender and learning to be more of a threat on offense. Displays good touch on his shot and his range actually looks like it will translate better in the NBA than Vassell's.

Regardless, I'm really hoping we come out of this draft with either Okongwu, Saddiq Bey, Patrick Williams, or Tyrell Terry.
As more and more time passes, the less I am advocating that we trade Wiggins. Unless a package with him yields a superstar, I want to keep him. Some of the trade ideas I have seen with him are lateral moves (but more likely downgrades).
Greg Papa just said Wiggins + #2 for Buddy Hield + #12

This is exactly the type of trash I am talking about. This would be an AWFUL trade, and I am actually a Buddy Hield fan. These are the types of trades that shouldnt even be considered from our end, yet similar ones are brought up all the time. Pass.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
As more and more time passes, the less I am advocating that we trade Wiggins. Unless a package with him yields a superstar, I want to keep him. Some of the trade ideas I have seen with him are lateral moves (but more likely downgrades).

Agree with this. It has to be the right trade package; otherwise, I definitely see Wiggins playing a decent role with this team where hopefully playing with guys like Curry, Klay & Green can bring out the best in him.

This is exactly the type of trash I am talking about. This would be an AWFUL trade, and I am actually a Buddy Hield fan. These are the types of trades that shouldnt even be considered from our end, yet similar ones are brought up all the time. Pass.

Hield?! I wouldn't want to sacrifice defense for someone as streaky as Hield, especially someone that has shown some immaturity.

I'm liking the Wiggins fit more and more. I like that he's shown up to minicamp and training with Klay. I like that he's developing his handles more.
Originally posted by AsianJeff:

Hield?! I wouldn't want to sacrifice defense for someone as streaky as Hield, especially someone that has shown some immaturity.

I'm liking the Wiggins fit more and more. I like that he's shown up to minicamp and training with Klay. I like that he's developing his handles more.

I hated Wiggins as the guy. But as the #3/4, I think he will flourish. IMO he is already better than Harrison Barnes was in 14-16.

Wouldn't make sense for either team.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Wouldn't make sense for either team.

I was just about to say this also. Sac wouldn't make this move.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Buddy Hield? Lol.
Share 49ersWebzone