Buy49ers NFC Champions and Super Bowl LIV gear

There are 239 users in the forums

***2019-2020 NBA REGULAR SEASON THREAD***

Damn. NBA is getting punked so hard. Lol wow
Lebron should leave those "more than an athlete' shirts here in the States. And his 'shut up and dribble' ones too for that matter.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,070
NBA kicked out two fans for "Free Hong Kong" signs at Phily exhibition game against Chinese team ... In Philly. If NBA is going to cave this hard to China when China is doing bad stuff I'm going to end up boycotting the league.

They are flirting with my line in the Sand and I'd imagine I'm not the only one. This is a really bad look and really going to kill it's momentum of being the progressive league. I think that rep has helped popularity as leagues like NFL have gone the way of evil corporation.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,070
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
You see the storm of s**t Daryl Morey is in? Yeah, Kerr should jump right in there with him. The fault is on the NBA FO for not backing up their own because they're too afraid to lose out on the Chinese market. Kerr would have been an idiot to speak out for or against when the asocciation itself has no idea how to proceed, first condemning Morey and then taking a half-step back on their initial reaction.

What Kerr said was a tactical decision, because it could mean lots of lost revenue for the NBA in China. NBA is gonna make money in the US regardless who is in office and the opinion they have on the current POTUS.

My issue isn't him not wanting to comment. If he said "no comment" I'd have thought it's weak but whatever.

It's his waffling around and complete lie about needing more info that irks me. He starts by saying he read about it and finishes by saying he hasn't researched it.
Can't fault Kerr for being more invested in American politics/ racial issues in a majority black league then what's going on in China. Not even sure if it's a $ thing on his end. This may just be a subject he doesn't have strong feelings on even if he knows what's going on there.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 9, 2019 at 7:58 AM ]
Originally posted by DaBum:
NBA kicked out two fans for "Free Hong Kong" signs at Phily exhibition game against Chinese team ... In Philly. If NBA is going to cave this hard to China when China is doing bad stuff I'm going to end up boycotting the league.

They are flirting with my line in the Sand and I'd imagine I'm not the only one. This is a really bad look and really going to kill it's momentum of being the progressive league. I think that rep has helped popularity as leagues like NFL have gone the way of evil corporation.

Did they really kick them out??? Wow and that's in America? f**k that. I can't believe how they are caving in.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 4ML:

this is not a travel

Looks like a travel. Not sure what the exact letter of the law says, but I've never seen anybody do this consistently. I dunno. Maybe this white dude is just making it look weird.

Looks like a travel to me. Changed pivot foots.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Damn. NBA is getting punked so hard. Lol wow





Kerr:"China? Whats that? Hong Kong? Censorship? Boy is the sky sure blue today!"
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Can't fault Kerr for being more invested in American politics/ racial issues in a majority black league then what's going on in China. Not even sure if it's a $ thing on his end. This may just be a subject he doesn't have strong feelings on even if he knows what's going on there.

Exactly.
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 4ML:

this is not a travel

Looks like a travel. Not sure what the exact letter of the law says, but I've never seen anybody do this consistently. I dunno. Maybe this white dude is just making it look weird.

Looks like a travel to me. Changed pivot foots.

Its only a travel when the pivot foot comes back down before the ball releases

  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 42,206
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 4ML:

this is not a travel

Looks like a travel. Not sure what the exact letter of the law says, but I've never seen anybody do this consistently. I dunno. Maybe this white dude is just making it look weird.

Looks like a travel to me. Changed pivot foots.

Its only a travel when the pivot foot comes back down before the ball releases

This. The left foot is the pivot. If that foot touches the floor before he releases the shot - only then it's a travel.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 38,940


Well damn
Time to make bball popular in India
Originally posted by Jcool:



I don't care enough about Hong Kong to take a 15% cut .

Actually one of my least favorite cities I have ever visited .
Share 49erswebzone