Buy49ers NFC Champions and Super Bowl LIV gear

There are 254 users in the forums

***2019-2020 NBA REGULAR SEASON THREAD***

Ill give these guys the benefit of the doubt of not understanding the topic yet. Kerr said hes gonna do some homework in this topic. Okay, fine. But in a month from now, i dont want to hear these coaches and players still supporting nba in china.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Ill give these guys the benefit of the doubt of not understanding the topic yet. Kerr said hes gonna do some homework in this topic. Okay, fine. But in a month from now, i dont want to hear these coaches and players still supporting nba in china.


He also said that he won't have further comment on it so its not like he'll come back in a few weeks and say "yep, I've studied up and am ready to give my thoughts on the matter." He's just hoping that it all quickly dies down and goes away.



Beyond that he didn't need to understand the topic(which I don't buy for a second considering how frequently he cites stuff from the NY Times and the Washington Post) to simply speak out in support of Morey being allowed to speak his mind without threats or coercion.


This is all about money and doing whatever they can to appease China to keep those sweet yuan flowing.
Oh Steve Kerr the ultimate know it all is a sell-out? Shocked. I bet Klay is happy Steve he didn't get on his usual soap box Anta would be pissed.
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Oct 8, 2019 at 11:42 AM ]
NBA getting exposed for the hypocrites they are.

I love it
Kerr is a b***h and f**k China
Originally posted by Knowledge:
NBA getting exposed for the hypocrites they are.

I love it

Hilarious NBA has no problem when Kerr, Pop, SVG, Lebron, et al. rip Trump or go on anti-gun tirades, and they'll crow about how player/coaches are free and even encouraged to speak out...but then NBA pisses down its leg because a GM offers words of support for HK, where people are protesting because (among other things) they'd prefer China not be able to basically arrest and disappear them.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
So much for the NBA's fake woke b******t.


Trey Parker & Matt Stone apology to China:

"Like the NBA, we welcome the Chinese censors into our homes and into our hearts," the statement reads. "We too love money more than freedom and democracy. Xi doesn't look like Winnie the Pooh at all. Tune into our 300th episode this Wednesday at 10! Long live the great Communist Party of China. May the autumn's sorghum harvest be bountiful. We good now China?"


Sorghum harvest
Lol Steve Kerr is following the same gag order memo that the NBA sent out to all their employees which is Stfu about China

Lets see now. sacrifice Daryl Morey or potentially lose out on the billions from the Chinese market? The business of business is business and certainly nothing even in America is immune to that. What did you guys think was gonna happen?

Morey was either incredibly naive for sending out that tweet or he knew exactly what he was doing. Either way, he is a dumfuk for doing it.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Lol Steve Kerr is following the same gag order memo that the NBA sent out to all their employees which is Stfu about China

Lets see now. sacrifice Daryl Morey or potentially lose out on the billions from the Chinese market? The business of business is business and certainly nothing even in America is immune to that. What did you guys think was gonna happen?

Morey was either incredibly naive for sending out that tweet or he knew exactly what he was doing. Either way, he is a dumfuk for doing it.

Some owners may have to hold off on that third yacht and fourth vacation home in the Hamptons. Millionaire athletes might have to earn a couple million less on their next $50 million contract. Such are the horrors of modern living.

The problem the NBA ran into is that when you actively promote yourself as an organization that supports free speech and activism and encourages your players, coaches and executives to speak out on issues that are important to them, you can't go all full Stasi because China gets sand in their vaginas over a GM showing support for protesters in Hong Kong trying to hold on to whatever semblance of democracy they may still have left.

Now the NBA is in no-man's land where both left and right in the U.S. are unloading both barrels into them and China has already gone on a drama queen power trip, canceling TV contracts and trying to throw their weight around. In the end, the NBA still offers a product that China simply cannot replicate. Nobody cares about their basketball leagues so the NBA can ride out the storm while still supporting their actual employees and not being hypocritcal douchenuggets.
BEN SIMMONS JUST HIT A THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Originally posted by Knowledge:
BEN SIMMONS JUST HIT A THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Liar.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Knowledge:
BEN SIMMONS JUST HIT A THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Liar.

Lol took him long enough.
Clear cut favorite for ROY now?
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Clear cut favorite for ROY now?

This

Can't wait to see him against other rookies in the rising stars game
[ Edited by valrod33 on Oct 8, 2019 at 6:02 PM ]
Share 49erswebzone