LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

***2019-2020 NBA REGULAR SEASON THREAD***

NBA experimenting in the G League this year where one FT counts for 1, 2 or 3 pts depending on the foul situation

not sure whether I like that or not lol
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
NBA experimenting in the G League this year where one FT counts for 1, 2 or 3 pts depending on the foul situation

I'm curious as to why they're doing this. Speed up the game?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Ya i read something like this will make games 6 min faster.
Does the NBA really have a time issue though? Baseball absolutely does and I wouldn't complain if football made the play clock shorter but I feel like the NBA is fine. They just need to tell the refs to let the guys play ball and not blow their whistle after ever little thing.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Ya i read something like this will make games 6 min faster.

I don't like anything about this. Why speed up an NBA game? It isn't college football...they are usually wrapped up in 2.5 hours, sometimes less. The drama at end of games to make 2 free throws is very entertaining. I know the end of games can drag out but I don't think it's ruining the TV experience. NO ONE shuts off a 2 point game playoff game bc they shoot an extra free throw.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Does the NBA really have a time issue though? Baseball absolutely does and I wouldn't complain if football made the play clock shorter but I feel like the NBA is fine. They just need to tell the refs to let the guys play ball and not blow their whistle after ever little thing.

Not so much time, but also can mess up the flow of the game. Especially when you're watching Hou play. I think its smart what they are trying to do, bc it is a copy cat league. We dont need a bunch of players coming up and focusing on how to draw fouls and get to the line, which obviously is not good for the game.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Not so much time, but also can mess up the flow of the game. Especially when you're watching Hou play. I think its smart what they are trying to do, bc it is a copy cat league. We dont need a bunch of players coming up and focusing on how to draw fouls and get to the line, which obviously is not good for the game.

This is 100% on the refs. You want to change a very fundamental part of basketball bc the refs are idiots? If you don't give guys like Harden these ridiculous calls, he won't do it anymore.
I'm really trying not to get excited about these Ben Simmons workout vids

but.....

THIS DUDE ABOUT TO HAVE A MVP SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SIXERS
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

jrg is the 2019 version of Knowledge. Lol
[ Edited by JustinMT on Sep 27, 2019 at 9:51 AM ]

That fultz shot is still ugly. Not Lonzo Ball ugly but still ugly
  • jrg
  • Veteran

I've been behind this damn team for YEARS man.
Originally posted by jrg:

I've been behind this damn team for YEARS man.

I'm talking about being hopeful over Fultz. lol
Share 49ersWebzone