LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 357 users in the forums

***2018-19 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD***

Originally posted by InconvenientTruth21:
You might be on to something. Warriors gonna trade Draymond and Iguodala for Lebron. Salaries check out. Lakers move on from Lebron and stick with the young core. Lebron with the spash brothers

thats a net minus 1 all star, which is not acceptable. All players on court must be of all-star caliber otherwise how are they going to compete?
Originally posted by JustinMT:

Lmao
Its ridiculous the amount of talent in the league right now.
You have the greatest shooter in NBA history, a 6'10 unicorn that moves like a point guard and pull up from wherever, a guy that averaged a triple double the last 3 years, one of the top 2-3 greatest players of all time, freaks of nature like Ben Simmons and Giannis all playing at the same time. Harden, Lillard, Kawhi, etc. Its crazy how much talent there is now. Easily the most talented era in NBA history

Yeah, this is an NBA golden age of sorts. Even with the lower TV ratings (which is probably a function of society/culture shifts), the NBA has taken substantial market share from the MLB and NFL
gotta be honest. i was expecting more from the jazz this series lol
Originally posted by sacniner:
You have the greatest shooter in NBA history, a 6'10 unicorn that moves like a point guard and pull up from wherever, a guy that averaged a triple double the last 3 years, one of the top 2-3 greatest players of all time, freaks of nature like Ben Simmons and Giannis all playing at the same time. Harden, Lillard, Kawhi, etc. Its crazy how much talent there is now. Easily the most talented era in NBA history

Yeah, this is an NBA golden age of sorts. Even with the lower TV ratings (which is probably a function of society/culture shifts), the NBA has taken substantial market share from the MLB and NFL

See I gotta disagree here. "Easily the most talented era in NBA history?" I guess I have a problem with the word easily. Let's look at the last "era." Explain to me how this era is "easily" better than the one with:

Kobe Bryant
Shaquille O'Neal
Tracy McGrady
Kevin Garnett
Allen Iverson
Vince Carter
Tim Duncan
Dirk Nowitzki
Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Ray Allen
Chris Webber
Tony Parker
Manu Ginobli
Grant Hill
Amare Stoudamire
Steve Francis
Stephon Marbury
Jermaine O'Neal
Deron Williams
Baron Davis
Brandon Roy

Etc.

That was just off the top of my head. I am sure I am missing players. Sorry but this current era is not "easily" better than that era, and some would possibly even argue they arent better at all.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
gotta be honest. i was expecting more from the jazz this series lol

Harden is too much. 25 points in 17 min. He nearly has a triple double before halftime
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Apr 17, 2019 at 7:48 PM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

See I gotta disagree here. "Easily the most talented era in NBA history?" I guess I have a problem with the word easily. Let's look at the last "era." Explain to me how this era is "easily" better than the one with:

Kobe Bryant
Shaquille O'Neal
Tracy McGrady
Kevin Garnett
Allen Iverson
Vince Carter
Tim Duncan
Dirk Nowitzki
Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Ray Allen
Chris Webber
Tony Parker
Manu Ginobli
Grant Hill
Amare Stoudamire
Steve Francis
Stephon Marbury
Jermaine O'Neal
Deron Williams
Baron Davis
Brandon Roy

Etc.

That was just off the top of my head. I am sure I am missing players. Sorry but this current era is not "easily" better than that era, and some would possibly even argue they arent better at all.

A lot more better players and freak athletes. It seems like every team has some unicorn type player. 2000s might have had more stars but not better players by the numbers.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Harden putting on a ridiculous show...and on both ends.
[ Edited by 4ML on Apr 17, 2019 at 8:14 PM ]
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Kobe Bryant
Shaquille O'Neal
Tracy McGrady
Kevin Garnett
Allen Iverson
Vince Carter
Tim Duncan
Dirk Nowitzki
Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Ray Allen
Chris Webber
Tony Parker
Manu Ginobli
Grant Hill
Amare Stoudamire
Steve Francis
Stephon Marbury
Jermaine O'Neal
Deron Williams
Baron Davis
Brandon Roy

Etc.

Not all of those where great at the same time. You're mixing a bit a here.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaBum:
Not all of those where great at the same time. You're mixing a bit a here.

Even with that - today's era is greatest of all time. Not just the top 25 players but the average player is better. Bench is better... skill set is better... players are way more versatile...just the shooting alone has made it impossible for big slow centers who can't shoot to play 30 minutes a game.
[ Edited by 4ML on Apr 17, 2019 at 8:20 PM ]

Comparing players from different eras is always tough do. I agree with Steve, however, that todays NBA isnt "easily the most talented" era of all time. I would argue that todays centers (Embiid will get there most likely) cant compare to the likes of Wilt, Robinson, Jabbar, Akeem, or Shaq. Also, the greatest PG in most people's estimation, Magic Johnson, comes from the 80s as does the greatest SG and GOAT in MJ.

I do think the biggest difference now is that there are so many great shooters who can light it up at any time. The 3 point shot has changed the game and kids now are just so amazing with their shooting. Different times, different skills, but not unquestionably better.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Apr 17, 2019 at 8:32 PM ]
Utah is a huge disappointment

I thought this was supposed to be the best series .

Might be the worst so far .
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Utah is a huge disappointment

I thought this was supposed to be the best series .

Might be the worst so far .
They are good. The problem is that when Houston is at the top of their game Utah cant compare.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Comparing players from different eras is always tough do. I agree with Steve, however, that todays NBA isnt "easily the most talented" era of all time. I would argue that todays centers (Embiid will get there most likely) cant compare to the likes of Wilt, Robinson, Jabbar, Akeem, or Shaq. Also, the greatest PG in most people's estimation, Magic Johnson, comes from the 80s as does the greatest SG and GOAT in MJ.

I do think the biggest difference now is that there are so many great shooters who can light it up at any time. The 3 point shot has changed the game and kids now are just so amazing with their shooting. Different times, different skills, but not unquestionably better.

The 80s/90s split decade era has a starting lineup of Magic, Jordan, Bird, Malone, Hakeem. I'd take that starting lineup against any era hands down. If you asked me to assemble the best starting lineup possible with actually playing together being a factor I may just pick that exact 5. I'd probably swap Malone out for more versatility and 3 pt shooting since Magic/Jordan couldn't shoot them but it's close.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Agreed John
Share 49ersWebzone