LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

San Francisco Giants 2019 Off-season Thread

Originally posted by Garce:
Any thoughts on Bochy returning to SD now that they fired their manager? I doubt it happens but it would be interesting to say the least.

It would be awkward after all these special retirements events teams have thrown for him. But if it did happen, it wouldn't suprise me.
DRod blows.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Any thoughts on Bochy returning to SD now that they fired their manager? I doubt it happens but it would be interesting to say the least.

If offered it would be a hard job to turn down.
Originally posted by FaTaL:

I think they'll go young like everyone else. Will be a random padre. Like Khalil Greene lol

Edit. Phil Nevin sounds perfect too
[ Edited by Zachary on Sep 21, 2019 at 7:02 PM ]

I think he's taking next year off regardless.
Originally posted by Zachary:

I think they'll go young like everyone else. Will be a random padre. Like Khalil Greene lol

Edit. Phil Nevin sounds perfect too

Or Tony Gwynn

.... too soon?
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

If he takes a year off at his age he's never coming back
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Or Tony Gwynn

.... too soon?

Thats not true. Frank Robinson, Felipe Alou, Dusty Baker, etc all took multiple years off and came back around Bochy's age to manage again. Jack McKeon came back at 72 and won the WS, then came back again at 80 to interim.

Bochy could easily take 2020 off, get bored, and come back and manage another 5 years. All provided there is a team willing to go old school in a new school age.

I just hope Farhan is right about changing managers here. Bochy still has something left. He hasn't lost a step this year. I just dont want to get stuck with one of the many young, experience-less duds that get hired each year.

Thats not true. Frank Robinson, Felipe Alou, Dusty Baker, etc all took multiple years off and came back around Bochy's age to manage again. Jack McKeon came back at 72 and won the WS, then came back again at 80 to interim.

Bochy could easily take 2020 off, get bored, and come back and manage another 5 years. All provided there is a team willing to go old school in a new school age.

I just hope Farhan is right about changing managers here. Bochy still has something left. He hasn't lost a step this year. I just dont want to get stuck with one of the many young, experience-less duds that get hired each year.

At the very least keep Bochy around to show the new manager how to manage a bullpen because I have a feeling we'll miss that aspect of Bochy

Cubs are gonna blow it up and get rid of Maddon, boom there is your next manager or Dusty Baker
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Cubs are gonna blow it up and get rid of Maddon, boom there is your next manager or Dusty Baker

I wouldn't mind Maddon.
No thanks
You guy think Joe Girardi will get another shot somewhere?
Originally posted by valrod33:

lol @ hiring Dusty Baker. Hes like the least Farhan type guy there is.
Share 49ersWebzone