There are 219 users in the forums

San Francisco Giants 2019 Off-season Thread

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Between Villalona and Gustavo Cabrera we have some of the worst prospect luck.

I remember being at candlestick either at the tailgate or after the game I. The parking lot post tailgating and seeing the Villalona news. I thought he was our next big thing. Miguel Cabrera lol

Gustavo Cabrera was supposed to be on that level, and then dude severs off almost his entire right hand falling through a glass table.
Oh s**t that was that kids name?? I remember reading about that news in my barbershop, has he recovered? I remember he severed tendons and was near done if not done. Sucks for the kid

He ended up having like 4 hand surgeries over 5 years and missed a ton of time. They were able to sew his hand back on, but he didn't fully recover enough to maintain his career, which is understandable. He retired last year.

He actually hit .251 with 9 HR in 4 years of A ball after his hand injury. Pretty impressive IMO.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jun 24, 2019 at 9:37 AM ]
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran

Let the bidding war begin
Originally posted by FaTaL:

Let the bidding war begin

Will Smith
Random cool side note, my friend Tony Gonsolin just got called up to the Dodgers. Not a coonrod situation either. From little league to high school days. Someone give me a cookie
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FaTaL:

Who dafeck
Originally posted by Zachary:
Random cool side note, my friend Tony Gonsolin just got called up to the Dodgers. Not a coonrod situation either. From little league to high school days. Someone give me a cookie

that's awesome, sorry he's a Doyer though..
Farhan hasn't ruled out trading smith to dodgers, if that's the case he knows their prospects and young players. Better get a a legit outfielder
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by Zachary:

that's awesome, sorry he's a Doyer though..

Right ?! I knew he was the 5th or 6th ranked prospect during spring training, but according to Twitter, he was there current top pitching prospect.

It's crazy though. And his dad on Facebook is sharing all the articles and is so proud of him and stuff. It's really cool. Before spring training, we went out and he was telling me about Kershaw and stuff lol
Farhan hasn't ruled out trading smith to dodgers, if that's the case he knows their prospects and young players. Better get a a legit outfielder

Would the Dodgers honestly want to trade with Farhan? He's obviously very familiar with their system, so he knows better than anyone who the hidden gems are, and how they value everyone. Are they going to risk letting him pilfer their system and take guys who could come back to haunt them for years?

I just have a hard time seeing a trade between the teams.

• mayo49
  • Veteran

Would the Dodgers honestly want to trade with Farhan? He's obviously very familiar with their system, so he knows better than anyone who the hidden gems are, and how they value everyone. Are they going to risk letting him pilfer their system and take guys who could come back to haunt them for years?

If they're offering the best package - why not trade with them?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jun 25, 2019 at 12:42 PM ]

With Smith dodgers chances massively increase more so than they already are. If I was them I'll take my chances finally winning a WS than prospects who can be a crap shoot. Yes it's not a guarantee to win a ws but they already been back to back so it's not like they're far and they're already hands down the best team in the NL possibly MLB with their only weakness being the pen. You make that deal
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran

I wouldn't have a issue with it, zarhans job is to improve this team for the future, what he gets for smith/bum accelerates the rebuilding process.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
So Pomeranz struck out 11 guys in 5 innings. No Giants pitcher has done that since the 1800s lol.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garce:
So Pomeranz struck out 11 guys in 5 innings. No Giants pitcher has done that since the 1800s lol.

Kinda hard to believe after watching Schmidt and Lincecum long ago
Share 49ersWebzone