LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 357 users in the forums

San Francisco Giants 2019 Off-season Thread

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
doesn't surprise me. We've seen it before. Just a matter of being healthy. Health can hold back players careers, make good players have OK careers, and great players just have good careers. It can also end them. But it doesn't mean they weren't talented.

Panik is hitting .343 over the last 14 days. Is that good? Yep. Absolutely. Is that something that any major league starter should write home about? No. All players can go through hot streaks. Hopefully he can keep it up, but to say we have seen it before is something that you can say about virtually every player who gets regular at bats.

Panik is hitting around .250 on the season even after this hot streak. He has 2 homeruns and 15 RBIs on the season. For some reason, he cant hit right handed pitching.

We all want Panik to succeed. Some of us dont think he is very good, and statistics back up that claim. If you want to blame injuries, fine. But he has had bottom tier production for the last couple of seasons.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Oh, look. Another debate on Panik.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Lol wtf

Originally posted by Garce:
Lol wtf

Weren't you a Giants fan when they opened Pac Bell?

We like to rotate from Belt to Panik to keep things fresh.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

But never Crawford. Belt can be far outperforming Crawford, but Belt will be the whipping boy.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Its really looking like Candlestick Park at Orale Park empty seats everywhere
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
Its really looking like Candlestick Park at Orale Park empty seats everywhere

They'll empty out some more now.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
One of the worst innings of the year
Originally posted by Niners99:

But never Crawford. Belt can be far outperforming Crawford, but Belt will be the whipping boy.

As I have said before Belt is the best 1B to ever hit an 18th inning clutch homerun.

• FaTaL
  • Veteran
I noticed how the announcers refused to criticize posey for trying to backhand a ball in the dirt instead of blocking it properly.

🤔

🤭
Originally posted by FaTaL:
I noticed how the announcers refused to criticize posey for trying to backhand a ball in the dirt instead of blocking it properly.

🤔

🤭

It wasn't in the dirt. It skipped up off the plate, which is why it was ruled a wild pitch, not a passed ball.

Crawford is the golden child of the team. His feel good story protects him from all criticism. He's not going anywhere.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
It wasn't in the dirt. It skipped up off the plate, which is why it was ruled a wild pitch, not a passed ball.

Either way he shouldn't of tried to backhand it
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
doesn't surprise me. We've seen it before. Just a matter of being healthy. Health can hold back players careers, make good players have OK careers, and great players just have good careers. It can also end them. But it doesn't mean they weren't talented.

Panik is hitting .343 over the last 14 days. Is that good? Yep. Absolutely. Is that something that any major league starter should write home about? No. All players can go through hot streaks. Hopefully he can keep it up, but to say we have seen it before is something that you can say about virtually every player who gets regular at bats.

Panik is hitting around .250 on the season even after this hot streak. He has 2 homeruns and 15 RBIs on the season. For some reason, he cant hit right handed pitching.

We all want Panik to succeed. Some of us dont think he is very good, and statistics back up that claim. If you want to blame injuries, fine. But he has had bottom tier production for the last couple of seasons.

lol at the stats don't back it up. His stats are

• 6th in ROY voting
  • All star
  • Gold Glove
  • Hit over .300 twice
  • hit .288
  • got injured and hit .254. 30 point difference. Dropped 300 points on base %. I wonder why.

His WAR also says he's the sixth best second basemen in the NL. 6th isn't the bottom. In 2017, he was the 15th best 2nd basemen in all of baseball and ahead of guys like DJ LeMahieu that some guys wanted.

In 15 he had the 8th best WAR (3.3) for second basemen in the whole league.

Is he Jose Altuve? No. But he is also not a bad player like you try and portray. I would love to have the best one at every position, but that isn't a reality.

I have no idea why this is typing in underline and it wont turn off. lol
Share 49ersWebzone