LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

***Offical Vegas Golden Knights 2019-2020 NHL Season***

Originally posted by zonkers:
Originally posted by braap49er:
Congratulations to the refs for winning the game. Sharks got outplayed and didn't deserve to win one bit. What a shame. Can't wait for them to get swept against the avs

It is a tough way to go out. I think Vegas out coached, out hit, and out played the Sharks the whole series. They played an A- series. The Shark's saving grace was a very talented roster stepping up at the right times.

I do agree that it's borderline call. I think it was a wrong place/time scenario. I don't think Stasny realized how off balance Pavelski was. Stasny thought he was just in his way, but ended up pushing his head into the ice. I think the freaky nature of it shook up the Knights a little too.

I have issues with the league's consistency with rules, but if the ref has authority to control the game, then it is what it is. It was definitely a lucky break for SJ, but the refs did give the Knights plenty of leeway to grind down the Sharks. Also, arguably Eakin and Stasny didn't need to be that aggressive while up 3-0. Pavelski is one of the slowest skaters in the league. Both of those guys could've run circles around Pavelski. The aggressiveness might have made the refs think it was a hate penalty instead of a freaky sequence of events.

In any case, it was a pretty wild and hard fought series. You can at least be proud that it wasn't a choke job and Vegas will be strong in the seasons to come with that Stone - Stasny - Pacioretty line.

Good post from a knowledgeable poster.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
At least we know the Sharks have no chance in hell to win game 6. Wish it ended in 5, but I did call it in 6. Can't wait for this series to be over

It's posts like these that make it really fun to go back to after it's all said and done. lol

As for the bolded, you got your wish and then some.

Braap has every right to be pissed at the refs. But if we are being honest that still doesn't justify losing in game 5, game 6 and game 7.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Braap has every right to be pissed at the refs. But if we are being honest that still doesn't justify losing in game 5, game 6 and game 7.

I agree, Knights choked. Thank god the draft is Thursday

Hey man, join the team. The Sharks choke every year for the last 10-15 years.
Who do you want us to take at 2?
[ Edited by TheXFactor on Apr 24, 2019 at 9:20 AM ]

Hey man, join the team. The Sharks choke every year for the last 10-15 years.

I don't want to be on that team lol. But my teams always choke, I guess I'm getting use to it
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by zonkers:
Congratulations to the refs for winning the game. Sharks got outplayed and didn't deserve to win one bit. What a shame. Can't wait for them to get swept against the avs

It is a tough way to go out. I think Vegas out coached, out hit, and out played the Sharks the whole series. They played an A- series. The Shark's saving grace was a very talented roster stepping up at the right times.

I do agree that it's borderline call. I think it was a wrong place/time scenario. I don't think Stasny realized how off balance Pavelski was. Stasny thought he was just in his way, but ended up pushing his head into the ice. I think the freaky nature of it shook up the Knights a little too.

I have issues with the league's consistency with rules, but if the ref has authority to control the game, then it is what it is. It was definitely a lucky break for SJ, but the refs did give the Knights plenty of leeway to grind down the Sharks. Also, arguably Eakin and Stasny didn't need to be that aggressive while up 3-0. Pavelski is one of the slowest skaters in the league. Both of those guys could've run circles around Pavelski. The aggressiveness might have made the refs think it was a hate penalty instead of a freaky sequence of events.

In any case, it was a pretty wild and hard fought series. You can at least be proud that it wasn't a choke job and Vegas will be strong in the seasons to come with that Stone - Stasny - Pacioretty line.

Good post from a knowledgeable poster.

That could of easily been a play that resulted in full out fights for the rest of the game. The refs were right to call it, the initial push isnt bad but the cumulative effect that started with that push was what got punished.

It's the playoffs meaning way more visibility on TV, at the time the game was out of hand and the last thing the refs or NHL want is to have it turn into an all out brawl. They make that call 9/10 times in that situation in the playoffs imo. They let allot more go during the regular season because its not on the prime channels and most team's bruisers that are meant for those fights usually aren't even dressed in the playoffs. At this point players need to know that... there is a reason NFL teams scout ref crews to see what penalties they call or how Sherman knows refs wont call PI on a big play unless its blatant. (see rams vs saints lol) When the NHL is on national TV, the normal dirty plays in hockey are gonna get called allot more.

If they had not committed any penalties they easily could've just ran down to clock to a win. The one thing they could've done to give the Sharks an epic comeback opportunity in that short amount of time, they did. 100% on the Knights. Dont let the refs decide how bad the penalty is by committing the penalty to begin with.

Amazing how entitled the Vegas bandwagoners (fans) already are. They're like the kid who has only known being super spoiled finally not getting his way. Temper tantrums and no accountability.
saying you lost because of the call is like saying you lost the Superbowl because of a bad call when you we're up by 4 touchdowns. At some point you have to play defense.
Lol wut? You realize this was only the third time in 14 years, and the first time in 7 years, that the Ducks missed the playoffs? And that the depth in our system among the best in the league? And that our rookies and other young players , who will be playing full time next season, carried the team over the last 20 games?

Slow your roll, indeed.

Ducks ain't bad, transition period. Lots of ugly contracts that they have to just wait out

Can we delete this thread now.LOL
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Lol wut? You realize this was only the third time in 14 years, and the first time in 7 years, that the Ducks missed the playoffs? And that the depth in our system among the best in the league? And that our rookies and other young players , who will be playing full time next season, carried the team over the last 20 games?

Slow your roll, indeed.

Ducks ain't bad, transition period. Lots of ugly contracts that they have to just wait out
Kes will retire, which leaves Perry and Getzy. Perry started to look just ok again last year and Getzy is still solid, but I agree that their contracts are killers.

Sam Steel, Troy Terry, (maybe) Max Comtois, and the other kids have me excited for next year though.
[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Apr 24, 2019 at 2:42 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Kes will retire, which leaves Perry and Getzy. Perry started to look just ok again last year and Getzy is still solid, but I agree that their contracts are killers.

Sam Steel, Troy Terry, (maybe) Max Comtois, and the other kids have me excited for next year though.

You're a Comtois
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Slow your roll, indeed.

And finally a top 10 pick. Plus another late first rounder.

Didnt watch too much last year since i figured they will suck, but Gibson and all these young players should be fun. Especially after getting rid of Carlyle and his caveman tactics.

Salary cap isnt that bad either, Keslar can be bought out or put on the injured list, he will still get payed but his contract wont count against the cap. We can have 12+ mil this off season.

Sorry to take ove4 your thread
Tonight we played HOCKEY. Tonight we WON. Tonight we faced a call that would change a foreseeable win. Tonight we showed sportsmanship and strength despite others lacking in their sole job. Tonight Vegas stands even STRONGER as we close this season- CAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS THAT CALL WAS s**t.

We are the Golden Knights, the team NOBODY can stop talking about. We have the greatest team in the history of the NHL's 101 seasons. We have brought together a DESERT full of HOCKEY FREAKS amongst the largest mass shooting in modern America and bonded us through blood and tears shed.

We stand united and ask the NHL to admit their shortcomings within the 3rd period of game 7, despite being unable to change the outcome, this one hit hard and we have EARNED the acknowledgment and apology for this playoff game-changing outcome.

#VGK #VegasGoldenKnights #VegasStrong #VegasStronger

You can take a win from us, but you'll never take THE WIN we each came together for as a city standing stronger than ever on October One 2017.

In loving memory of the 58 angels who continue to protect our city and bring us together to build an untouchable bond of strength. — Jon DeFranza.
Share 49ersWebzone