LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 147 users in the forums

The Shark Tank 🦈

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Oksar Lindblom is a shark

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Sharks making moves, i don't know if they're good moves.

any move we make going forward is about resetting and future (i.e. 2-3 years). So this is a good move.

So for the next few years, its going to be acquiring some young pieces and development.

Maybe signing a few FAs and then trading them at deadline if they are doing well.

We haven't really had a solid plan these past few years, despite the writing on the wall.
Originally posted by Garce:
Burnsie traded

"Brent Burns and Lane Pederson for Steven Lorentz, goalie prospect Eetu Makiniemi and a conditional 2023 3rd-round pick. Sharks are retaining 33 percent of Burns contract."

Lorentz, former 7th round pick, looks like just a depth guy. Goalia prospect isn't anything special either but at least we are out from majority of the contract and got a 3rd rounder for next year.

getting out of the contract for 3 years is a win. Not much in return but oh well.

salary dump trades are hard to win. Glad we are in better cap shape now...
Originally posted by Garce:
Oksar Lindblom is a shark

He was a pretty good forward, but was diagnosed with cancer some time back.

he is now cancer free, and if he can be healthy and develop, this will be a good deal for both him and us. Ideally, we flip him if he is doing well
Shocked MG brought Dell back...
David Quinn.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
David Quinn.

not the most exciting hire, but the most logical for sure. Was with Mike these past few years in NY.
Burnsie traded

"Brent Burns and Lane Pederson for Steven Lorentz, goalie prospect Eetu Makiniemi and a conditional 2023 3rd-round pick. Sharks are retaining 33 percent of Burns contract."

Dude should've been kept at forward IMO. I'm sorry but I was never convinced he was a great D-man. He was out of position all the time and his stardom was more from his ability to score.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Burnsie traded

Dude should've been kept at forward IMO. I'm sorry but I was never convinced he was a great D-man. He was out of position all the time and his stardom was more from his ability to score.

now we need to hope Vlassic retires or something, b/c his contract might be worse than Burns considering his health/performance.
Nils Lundkvist is holding out for the Rangers, go get him Mike!

Not a fan of these new jerseys. They are barely different at all. I loved the reverse retros the past few seasons though...

https://www.nhl.com/sharks/news/san-jose-sharks-introduce-new-evolve-uniform/c-335552846
[ Edited by TheXFactor on Sep 15, 2022 at 6:12 AM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Not a fan of these new jerseys. They are barely different at all. I loved the reverse retros the past few seasons though...

https://www.nhl.com/sharks/news/san-jose-sharks-introduce-new-evolve-uniform/c-335552846

I think they will grown on me. The teal helmets are the weirdest part.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
not liking the new jerseys
0-1
0-2
season hasn't even started yet
Share 49ersWebzone