LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

The Shark Tank 🦈

• Garce
  • Veteran
Sharks need to cut/trade Aaron Dell and bring up this young goalie. Or make a trade for a G.
Originally posted by Garce:
Sharks need to cut/trade Aaron Dell and bring up this young goalie. Or make a trade for a G.

I think we can get something for him for sure.
WE SUCK
No Pavelski and Donskoi, most of the rest remain the same yet we're absolutely terrible. How tf?
  • dmax
  • Veteran

Sharks need to get 2 SHUTDOWN dmen..burns and Karlsson are jokes...
Originally posted by dmax:

Sharks need to get 2 SHUTDOWN dmen..burns and Karlsson are jokes...

I said it before and I'll say it again. MOVE. BURNS. BACK. TO. FORWARD.

He was an offensive monster. He is a defensive liability. He always has to make scramble plays because he's caught out of position. Let him be an offensive guy. And find someone else who can actually play defense.
I want to thank the SJS for not prioritizing Donskoi in the offseason. The guy has been the Avs most consistent, all-around player thus far...and a hatty last night to boot!
Originally posted by MrOrange:
I want to thank the SJS for not prioritizing Donskoi in the offseason. The guy has been the Avs most consistent, all-around player thus far...and a hatty last night to boot!

its not that they didnt prioritize him, they were tight with cap when they had to resign EK to that massive deal and find ways to sign Meir and Labanc who did them a solid by signing for 1 mil.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

its not that they didnt prioritize him, they were tight with cap when they had to resign EK to that massive deal and find ways to sign Meir and Labanc who did them a solid by signing for 1 mil.

I guess if you feel they NEEDED to sign EK to that massive deal, then yeah, but IMO, that deal will be a cancer....and there was concern about that even before his play this year.

I guess if you feel they NEEDED to sign EK to that massive deal, then yeah, but IMO, that deal will be a cancer....and there was concern about that even before his play this year.

If we didnt sign 1 of the best dman to that contract some other team wouldve. EK was playing on 1 leg last year and when he was healthy he showed flashes of the best dman in the league. This year with our idiot coach everyone is struggling with the exception of Kane who has 10 goals. and it doesnt help we have the s**tiest goaltending tandem, last night we were up 4-0 then 5-2 and barely won 6-5 due to the same crap thats been killing this team all year. You dont prioritize donskoi over EK lol thats just nonsense.

If we didnt sign 1 of the best dman to that contract some other team wouldve. EK was playing on 1 leg last year and when he was healthy he showed flashes of the best dman in the league. This year with our idiot coach everyone is struggling with the exception of Kane who has 10 goals. and it doesnt help we have the s**tiest goaltending tandem, last night we were up 4-0 then 5-2 and barely won 6-5 due to the same crap thats been killing this team all year. You dont prioritize donskoi over EK lol thats just nonsense.

Player for player, of course you take EK over Donskoi, but the money saved could have kept Pavelski too who they obviously miss or possible 2 other solid players. Its really difficult to win when your team is top heavy and lacking depth. They already have Burns (a great offensive Dman who is average on D at best). I think they should have spent that money on depth.

I say all that, but I do like Karlsson. He's one of the best players I've ever seen play, but those days are behind him. He might get his 60 points, but he isn't winning the Norris anymore.

Player for player, of course you take EK over Donskoi, but the money saved could have kept Pavelski too who they obviously miss or possible 2 other solid players. Its really difficult to win when your team is top heavy and lacking depth. They already have Burns (a great offensive Dman who is average on D at best). I think they should have spent that money on depth.

I say all that, but I do like Karlsson. He's one of the best players I've ever seen play, but those days are behind him. He might get his 60 points, but he isn't winning the Norris anymore.

Pavelski wanted too much for his age, that wouldve been a bad deal. His days are nowhere near behind him, dudes only what 29? once we get a coach worth a damn and knows what hes doing im confident the numbers will go up. right now the whole team is a mess, you dont let a dman of EK's caliber walk after trading everything we did for him. Yes the sharks can use another top 6 winger but their main issue even with another winger is the pathetic goaltending they get nightly. Many of the guys who are counted on have been struggling mightily
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Pavelski isn't exactly lighting it up.

It was time. We are playing better. Still has to improve. Evander Kane with 10 goals in 14 games.

Cooch needs to step up.
We won again? WAUW!
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
We won again? WAUW!

Simek comes back and everyone starts playing better.
Share 49ersWebzone