LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

The Shark Tank 🦈

https://www.nhl.com/sharks/news/sharks-issue-qualifying-offers/c-308060628

No surprises here really. Wood and Desimone each had great seasons for the Barracuda. Wouldn't be surprised to see them get NHL time.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
https://www.nhl.com/sharks/news/sharks-issue-qualifying-offers/c-308060628

No surprises here really. Wood and Desimone each had great seasons for the Barracuda. Wouldn't be surprised to see them get NHL time.

Gambrell led the team with 20 goals (I think) maybe there is something there.
Some info on some of these guys:

Nick Desimone: https://www.nhl.com/sharks/news/prospect-spotlight-nick-desimone/c-305108144 - 3rd on the Barracuda in points. Speed is his game on defense.

Kyle Wood: Just turned 23. Size and physicality is his game on defense (6-5 235). He finished with 35 points and was tied for the team lead in plus/minus at +16.

Maxim Letunov: AHL Rookie in 2018-19. Finished with 12 goals, 16 assists and an even rating.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garce:

damn, lots of people up for grabs.
If we want to keep Pavelski, we have no choice but to move Dell and probably Dillon too.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
If we want to keep Pavelski, we have no choice but to move Dell and probably Dillon too.

Damn. Likely a new era for the Sharks.

I'm sad to see him go but I think physically he's beaten up and won't be worth what he will be getting paid probably beyond this year. He will get more money and years elsewhere to boot.

Damn. Likely a new era for the Sharks.

I'm sad to see him go but I think physically he's beaten up and won't be worth what he will be getting paid probably beyond this year. He will get more money and years elsewhere to boot.

I'll take a beat up player who still likely can score 30+ goals for the next couple years or more. But that's just me. I think it will be a MASSIVE loss to not have him here.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jun 27, 2019 at 12:03 PM ]
If DW brings back #12 it better not be for more than the vet minimum.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

I don't think there is any doubt that's what will happen. He's getting $3M over the next three years already, lol.

Man, I hope it happens.

I don't think there is any doubt that's what will happen. He's getting $3M over the next three years already, lol.

Man, I hope it happens.

Yeah I've read and listened to multiple reports speculating that Marleau would have no problem taking the minimum to play in SJ. If that's the case, unless you have a clearly superior talent, you take that deal. Marleau can skate and knows how to score. Maybe not a typcial fit for a 4th liner, but I feel like we could find a place for him somewhere. Move Melker around and put Marleau at C or LW on the 4th line with Goodrow.

I think we should still look to dump Dell, Melker, and Dillon if necessary to clear the funding for Pavs on a 3 year deal.

Meier - Couture - Labanc
Kane - Hertl - Pavelski
Sorensen - Thornton - Gambrell/Melker
Radil - Marleau - Goodrow

Also a side note, look out for Alexander True (who led the AHL Team in points). He's not talked about too much because he was undrafted, but he's developed so fast, he's now considered one of the top prospects in the farm. Recall, this guy's cousin is former top 10 pick, Nikolaj Ehlers.
  • Garce
  • Veteran

he will regret doing that, just like Patty did. Oh well, it's time to get younger and faster.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

he will regret doing that, just like Patty did. Oh well, it's time to get younger and faster.
It's not his fault we don't have much cap space.
Originally posted by Hopper:

It's not his fault we don't have much cap space.

He is choosing money or loyalty. It's fine, but he will regret it later.
Share 49ersWebzone