There are 188 users in the forums

The Shark Tank 🦈

Originally posted by Garce:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Exactly. If I had the choice between keeping Dillon and letting Pavs walk, vs. trading Dillon and signing a scrap-heap replacement at D (or going with a rook) and keeping the guy who almost scored 40 goals (38) last year and our captain? I'm doing what it takes to keep Pavelski every time.

Im not convinced he's gonna hold up for much longer.

I think a 2 year deal is more than worth it.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Exactly. If I had the choice between keeping Dillon and letting Pavs walk, vs. trading Dillon and signing a scrap-heap replacement at D (or going with a rook) and keeping the guy who almost scored 40 goals (38) last year and our captain? I'm doing what it takes to keep Pavelski every time.

You don't think he would get more years and dollars on the market?

Brenden Dillon has become a very very solid defenseman. And as we saw with St. Louis, defense wins in the playoffs.

He's also the same age as EK65, they could be partners a long time.
[ Edited by Garce on Jun 21, 2019 at 3:24 PM ]

[ Edited by braap49er on Jun 21, 2019 at 7:31 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Cody Eakin can ead
Cody Eakin can ead

That's rude... lol.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Doug Wilson is a G

Lol
  • Garce
  • Veteran

5'11, 176lbs

A puck-moving offensive defenseman, Knyazev has a very fluid skating stride and displays seamless edges and great acceleration, Future Considerations 2019

two-way defenceman … excellent skater … strong puck-mover … makes a good first pass … stands up at the blue-line … confidence in his mobilit, ISS Hockey 2017
[ Edited by Garce on Jun 22, 2019 at 10:50 AM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Everything I'm ready, this dude is very skilled and a good skater. Liking this pick.

You don't think he would get more years and dollars on the market?

Brenden Dillon has become a very very solid defenseman. And as we saw with St. Louis, defense wins in the playoffs.

He's also the same age as EK65, they could be partners a long time.

Just depends I guess if he wants to stay or not. Also..

NHL rumors: Sharks might trade Brenden Dillon for salary-cap relief | NBCS Bay Area
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/sharks/nhl-rumors-sharks-might-trade-brenden-dillon-salary-cap-relief

Really not here to say I told you so, just saying I saw something like this happening.
Pavelski visiting the Stars

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

I'm hoping this is just a going-through-the-motions visit as a plan B with plan A still being San Jose. Please, God, don't let Pavelski go to the dirty Stars (sorry Sun, my rivalry mindset runs deep)!
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Just depends I guess if he wants to stay or not. Also..

NHL rumors: Sharks might trade Brenden Dillon for salary-cap relief | NBCS Bay Area
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/sharks/nhl-rumors-sharks-might-trade-brenden-dillon-salary-cap-relief

Really not here to say I told you so, just saying I saw something like this happening.

Speculation.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Might as well get a few free steak dinners before he heads back home.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
For the record, OTC, I don't disagree with the take or the logic. Makes complete sense. Just hope we keep him. He's getting better and I like him with EK.
For the record, OTC, I don't disagree with the take or the logic. Makes complete sense. Just hope we keep him. He's getting better and I like him with EK.

Yeah I have no clue what we'll do, I just want us to do whatever we have to to keep this team a cup contender!
Share 49ersWebzone