LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 144 users in the forums

Back to Back NBA Champion Golden State Warriors 2018-19

I like azubuike but i wish they had replaced fitz instead lol

JB will be missed
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Garce:
Originally posted by mayo49:
That sucks - how did Azubuike get the TV gig?

Hes been on post game. JB must have gotten sick of Fitz' s**t.

I highly doubt it was Barnett's choice. I think this was all about the Warriors bringing in a new young face to the TV broadcast.

Hopefully Azubuike can calm down the atrocious homerism from Fitz the way Barnett did. Fitz isn't nearly as annoying on radio but I guess that's because Rod keeps him in check.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Garce:
I highly doubt it was Barnett's choice. I think this was all about the Warriors bringing in a new young face to the TV broadcast.

Wasn't he on the verge of retirement years ago?

Yeah.

Dude is 75. He just seems like he is younger. I agree with what others have said here, it is Bob Fitz that needs to go. The homerism is a turn off, but he is so smug and full of himself. And he has the very definition of a punchable face. I do like Azubuike though. He is good on TV. It will be interesting to see how he translates to color analysis. Get used to hearing the term 'wetter' about a dozen times a game.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Hopefully Azubuike can calm down the atrocious homerism from Fitz the way Barnett did. Fitz isn't nearly as annoying on radio but I guess that's because Rod keeps him in check.

You do know that Fitz got the boot from KNBR...right ?
Originally posted by Viperboy:

I did not know that when did that happen ?
Originally posted by Oilcan:

in June.

No i didn't know...have been living out of Cali for a while and only listen in occasionally via streaming. Well I guess his style rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

I miss Marty Lurie weekend afternoon/evening sessions...he always put me to sleep haha.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oilcan:

in June.

Yeah, him and Rod Brooks had a show going, wonder why they let him.
Wow, just checking this thread and learn that JB is off the TV broadcast...I knew it was bound to happen in the near future, just didn't think it would be now and done so abruptly, like maybe they'd give him a farewell season, wtf. When Fitzgerald's homerness would get just too obnoxious and over the top, JB knew how to temper it and wasn't afraid to be honest/critical...now with BF being the senior guy, hope he doesn't just run roughshod over Azubuike.

Seriously learned a lot from JB over the years, so many small details and subtleties he'd catch and clearly point out/explain, things I'd pass on to kids when I coached my sons' teams at the younger levels. Met him at the Warriors Store in Walnut Creek, classy dude, he saw my military tattoo so gave my son & I extra signed goodies...I didn't want to hold up the line but he said "don't worry about that", then insisted we take a few pics with him.

"Quite Frankly"...
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Jul 29, 2019 at 8:41 PM ]
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Wow, just checking this thread and learn that JB is off the TV broadcast...I knew it was bound to happen in the near future, just didn't think it would be now and done so abruptly, like maybe they'd give him a farewell season, wtf. When Fitzgerald's homerness would get just too obnoxious and over the top, JB knew how to temper it and wasn't afraid to be honest/critical...now with BF being the senior guy, hope he doesn't just run roughshod over Azubuike.

Seriously learned a lot from JB over the years, so many small details and subtleties he'd catch and clearly point out/explain, things I'd pass on to kids when I coached my sons' teams at the younger levels. Met him at the Warriors Store in Walnut Creek, classy dude, he saw my military tattoo so gave my son & I extra signed goodies...I didn't want to hold up the line but he said "don't worry about that", then insisted we take a few pics with him.

"Quite Frankly"...

Yeah i'm gonna miss him for sure

Might tune in on the radio on occasions just to hear him again

Originally posted by DelCed2486:

"Quite Frankly"...
Lacob clearly doesn't care about taxes lol!
Dray payday
Nice Dray is back. $25 million per year not bad. Otto Porter right now is make $27 million per year think that for a second. Draymond is a much better player than Porter.
So now that we got them all locked up can we sign anybody over the next few years??
Share 49ersWebzone