Back to Back NBA Champion Golden State Warriors 2018-19

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Curious, what is your current depth chart?

PG - S Curry, J Evans
SG - D Russell, Alec Burks, J Poole, Klay Thompson (out till at least late December)
SF - A McKinnie, Glenn Robinson III
PF - D Green, K. Looney E Paschall, Omari Spellman
C - W. Cauley-Stein, A Smailagic

Much like the Lakers with Anthony Davis and Lebron James, if the Warriors suffer a month long injury to Curry or Draymond, we are looking at a 30 win team.
Lakers are relying on an injury prone big and a washed up superstar. The fan meltdown will be funny

How quick the mighty have fallen. Not too long ago it was heads held high and we're the best ever. Now back to the "oh yeah well the Lakers suck" that I've been dealing with most my life from warriors fans. lol
I mean....you did come in here to clown on our roster. Just throwing it back to you, bud.

Is that not a proper reaction to that roster? Especially considering what they've had the past few years? I think it's quite appropriate. You're not fooling yourself into thinking otherwise, are you?
So just a thought, I know the warriors can't trade Russell until like December and Myers said they didn't sign him to trade him, but my question is, would you trade Russell for Bradley Beal ? While I think Russell is going to be great with the warriors, I think Beal would be amazing..Idk if Washington dies it Bc of Wall but I think it would be crazy to see what Steph, Klay and Beal do together..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
So just a thought, I know the warriors can't trade Russell until like December and Myers said they didn't sign him to trade him, but my question is, would you trade Russell for Bradley Beal ? While I think Russell is going to be great with the warriors, I think Beal would be amazing..Idk if Washington dies it Bc of Wall but I think it would be crazy to see what Steph, Klay and Beal do together..

Assuming the Dubs extend or offer a near max contract to Draymond, I dont know that Beal's salary can be fit within the cap.

I prefer that Russell gets traded for extra wing help. Like a trade with the Wolves for Robert Covington plus someone like Jake Layman and another dude.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Assuming the Dubs extend or offer a near max contract to Draymond, I dont know that Beal's salary can be fit within the cap.

I prefer that Russell gets traded for extra wing help. Like a trade with the Wolves for Robert Covington plus someone like Jake Layman and another dude.

Isn't Klay at the 3 kind of money, though?

Now you have two combo guards who can both handle the ball and play off one another and either shoot or create with two elite scoring options. That sounds like a nightmare to defend.
Originally posted by Garce:

Now you have two combo guards who can both handle the ball and play off one another and either shoot or create with two elite scoring options. That sounds like a nightmare to defend.

because Klay at the 2 defending smaller dudes maximizes his already good defensive abilities. and reduces the burden on Steph

Dubs extend their playoff run with the same or more scoring
They extend their championship run if they reload on wing defense

because Klay at the 2 defending smaller dudes maximizes his already good defensive abilities. and reduces the burden on Steph

Dubs extend their playoff run with the same or more scoring
They extend their championship run if they reload on wing defense

Klay is good, but wouldn't be able to defend a guys like Bron, Giannis, Kawhi, KD, in a 7 game series. Hes best defending pg/sg.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Klay is good, but wouldn't be able to defend a guys like Bron, Giannis, Kawhi, KD, in a 7 game series. Hes best defending pg/sg.

Not saying I disagree but really... how many guys CAN guard the players you just listed effectively. On the other hand, how many of those guys would be willing to chase Klay all over the court around screens?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Not saying I disagree but really... how many guys CAN guard the players you just listed effectively. On the other hand, how many of those guys would be willing to chase Klay all over the court around screens?

They would have to defend him or Beal, and Beal also does a good job of using screens. And Beal is also a good defender. Would definetally be a better fit than Dlo.
  • Garce
  • Veteran

No one can really guard them
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

They would have to defend him or Beal, and Beal also does a good job of using screens. And Beal is also a good defender. Would definetally be a better fit than Dlo.

As of now I agree completely, but I'm very intrigued to see how DLo plays, a lot think he won't fit great but idk, I think Kerr is a great offensive coach and he succeeds, especially when Klay is back, its going to fun to watch, a line up of Steph, DLo, Klay, Draymond and WCS is what I can't want to see honestly..

• Garce
  • Veteran
Bold prediction for next year, DLO is a better defender than he has been in previous years. 6'5, 10 ft wing span + Ron Adams.
Bold prediction for next year, DLO is a better defender than he has been in previous years. 6'5, 10 ft wing span + Ron Adams.

I mean swaggy even played a little defense here

I could see it! Lol

Dame and CJ are both 6'3 guard Portland was able to climb the 3rd seed in the West they are not exactly known for their defense. We just swept those 2 in the playoffs. I think a lot of people are underrating this Warriors team + we still got Draymond and Klay.
Originally posted by nothing03:

Dame and CJ are both 6'3 guard Portland was able to climb the 3rd seed in the West they are not exactly known for their defense. We just swept those 2 in the playoffs. I think a lot of people are underrating this Warriors team + we still got Draymond and Klay.

Yes they are being very underrated but I love it personally, reminds me of their 1st championship..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by nothing03:

Yes they are being very underrated but I love it personally, reminds me of their 1st championship..

With Klay back 100% this is team is obviously a title contender.
Share 49ersWebzone