There are 286 users in the forums

***2018-19 NBA REGULAR SEASON THREAD***

Originally posted by DaBum:
It's one game with a handful of new guys. They weren't a terrible D last year (6th). I don't expect the defense to be as good, and I do expect it to take time to find a rotation, but thinking this team doesn't get 55 wins is laughable.

I agree. They will take a hit on the defensive end but I would be very surprised if they didnt win 55 games barring serious injuries to their star players. Still expect them to be the #2 seed in the West.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Heavy hit for the NCAA?

Starting in the summer of 2019, the NBA G League will implement a "professional path" for would-be one and done players. They're offering $125k contracts, as well as access to NBA infrastructure and development tools.

As part of a newly formed professional path starting in the summer of 2019, the G League will offer "Select Contracts" worth $125,000 to elite prospects who are at least 18 years old but not yet eligible for the NBA draft.

The G League will target recent or would-be high school graduates who otherwise would have likely spent just one season playing college basketball, enticing them not only with a six-figure salary but also the opportunity to benefit from NBA infrastructure, as well as a bevy of off-court development programs "geared toward facilitating and accelerating their transition to the pro game," league president Malcolm Turner told ESPN.

Without the restrictions of the NCAA's amateurism rules, players will also be free to hire agents, profit off their likenesses and pursue marketing deals from sneaker companies and the like, which could be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars in endorsement opportunities to top prospects.

"We appreciate the NBA's decision to provide additional opportunities for those who would like to pursue their dream of playing professionally," NCAA president Mark Emmert said in a statement. "The NCAA recently implemented significant reforms to support student-athlete success, including more flexibility when deciding whether to play professionally.

Smart move for the G-League, but bad for NCAA. Players like Simmons for example, they won't go to college anymore. These players who know they have a NBA career there's no reason to go to college, especially if they get 100k+ as a 18 year old. If this happens, there will be some must watch G-League games.

Might be better in the long run. NCAA won't be dominated by 1-and-done schools like Kentucky or Duke. It'll be back to a more competitive, experience matters competition. The tournament will have more upsets, fans get 2+ years to root for guys (some will still leave early) ... Etc.

First year or two people will see it as a loss of talent but I think the product will become better and fans will be there in time.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
It's one game with a handful of new guys. They weren't a terrible D last year (6th). I don't expect the defense to be as good, and I do expect it to take time to find a rotation, but thinking this team doesn't get 55 wins is laughable.

I agree. They will take a hit on the defensive end but I would be very surprised if they didnt win 55 games barring serious injuries to their star players. Still expect them to be the #2 seed in the West.

I peg them in the 58-62 win range and a team that improves as the gel this season.
Heavy hit for the NCAA?

Starting in the summer of 2019, the NBA G League will implement a "professional path" for would-be one and done players. They're offering $125k contracts, as well as access to NBA infrastructure and development tools.

As part of a newly formed professional path starting in the summer of 2019, the G League will offer "Select Contracts" worth $125,000 to elite prospects who are at least 18 years old but not yet eligible for the NBA draft.

The G League will target recent or would-be high school graduates who otherwise would have likely spent just one season playing college basketball, enticing them not only with a six-figure salary but also the opportunity to benefit from NBA infrastructure, as well as a bevy of off-court development programs "geared toward facilitating and accelerating their transition to the pro game," league president Malcolm Turner told ESPN.

Without the restrictions of the NCAA's amateurism rules, players will also be free to hire agents, profit off their likenesses and pursue marketing deals from sneaker companies and the like, which could be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars in endorsement opportunities to top prospects.

"We appreciate the NBA's decision to provide additional opportunities for those who would like to pursue their dream of playing professionally," NCAA president Mark Emmert said in a statement. "The NCAA recently implemented significant reforms to support student-athlete success, including more flexibility when deciding whether to play professionally.

Smart move for the G-League, but bad for NCAA. Players like Simmons for example, they won't go to college anymore. These players who know they have a NBA career there's no reason to go to college, especially if they get 100k+ as a 18 year old. If this happens, there will be some must watch G-League games.

Might be better in the long run. NCAA won't be dominated by 1-and-done schools like Kentucky or Duke. It'll be back to a more competitive, experience matters competition. The tournament will have more upsets, fans get 2+ years to root for guys (some will still leave early) ... Etc.

First year or two people will see it as a loss of talent but I think the product will become better and fans will be there in time.

Ya, you're right. Thinking about it some more, this might be good for the NCAA long term as well.
Heavy hit for the NCAA?

Ya, you're right. Thinking about it some more, this might be good for the NCAA long term as well.

Agreed, I didn't think about that either.
I dont necessarily think its a slam dunk that the top recruits would pick playing in the G League for 125k over college for a year though. I mean, lets say you are the #1 recruit out of high school. Dont you think for your career, it would make more sense for you to play for 1 year under Coach K, rather than play for 1 year under Aaron Miles? If I am someone who would be a mid to high lottery pick, I might choose college tbh.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I dont necessarily think its a slam dunk that the top recruits would pick playing in the G League for 125k over college for a year though. I mean, lets say you are the #1 recruit out of high school. Dont you think for your career, it would make more sense for you to play for 1 year under Coach K, rather than play for 1 year under Aaron Miles? If I am someone who would be a mid to high lottery pick, I might choose college tbh.

You might think differently if you were from the hood and that was 5 times more than what your single mother makes in a year.
Ben Simmons is so good. The guy is a walking triple double

Might average a triple dub this year
Originally posted by Knowledge:

Did he hit a 3 yet?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Did he hit a 3 yet?

Nope. Nor has he attempted one.....Fultz hit a three though....
[ Edited by Knowledge on Oct 18, 2018 at 7:24 PM ]

Did he hit a 3 yet?

He's still scurred lol

https://streamable.com/8rkwz

Did he hit a 3 yet?

He's still scurred lol

https://streamable.com/8rkwz

I f**king screamed at the TV
  • jrg
  • Veteran
LeBron in LA time
#2 pick on the bench

LUL
Brons a cyborg
Share 49erswebzone