There are 136 users in the forums

2018-19 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Luke is throwing a lot of different lineups on the court in the first half. Similar to the last 2 preseasons. He looks like he's trying to see who looks good with who. Lebron I think played the whole first quarter and the last 6 minutes of the 2nd.

Lebron played 9 minutes in 1st quarter and about 6 in the 2nd.

Him and BI had good chemistry from the get go. Lakers were playing too fast - which led to several unforced turnovers. Not a surprise since they are still learning and getting used to each other. Also, got killed on the boards - which is also not a surprise since they were playing a lot of small ball...as you said - Luke was juggling lineups quite a bit to find the right pieces.

BI looked really good.
I wouldn't worry about a first game pre-season lineup, but Luke had a lot of trouble last year with lineups too. Will be something to watch going forward.

The less Lance plays, the better IMO.

And what a delightful surprise McGee looks like!
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
I wouldn't worry about a first game pre-season lineup, but Luke had a lot of trouble last year with lineups too. Will be something to watch going forward.

he looks leaner from last year
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:

I was surpised his level of energy. He was everywhere

He was leaner and in better shape last year too. You are probably just paying more attention now, and he will most likely get more minutes with the Lakers. He went full vegan before last year.

https://vegnews.com/2017/11/warriors-star-javale-mcgee-is-now-vegan
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Luke is throwing a lot of different lineups on the court in the first half. Similar to the last 2 preseasons. He looks like he's trying to see who looks good with who. Lebron I think played the whole first quarter and the last 6 minutes of the 2nd.

Lebron played 9 minutes in 1st quarter and about 6 in the 2nd.

Him and BI had good chemistry from the get go. Lakers were playing too fast - which led to several unforced turnovers. Not a surprise since they are still learning and getting used to each other. Also, got killed on the boards - which is also not a surprise since they were playing a lot of small ball...as you said - Luke was juggling lineups quite a bit to find the right pieces.

BI looked really good.

It seems like they really aren't going to run the offense solely around LeBron this year which likely will translate into decreased statistical production for James and less short term wins...but possibly more long term wins if Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, etc can develop.
Lance and Beasley should not be in the rotation... hopefully luke realizes this.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Lance and Beasley should not be in the rotation... hopefully luke realizes this.

I'd be surprised if Lance ended year on the team if he makes any kind of gripes about PT during year.
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Oct 2, 2018 at 6:46 AM ]

Why do you say that?
Originally posted by Arminini:

Why do you say that?

Bc they are role players on fringe eastern conference playoff teams...Think we are aiming higher.

Hart already replacing KCP in starting lineup....THANK GOD.

Why do you say that?

Bc they are role players on fringe eastern conference playoff teams...Think we are aiming higher.

That's fair. They may have been average (i mean average in a good way) NBA players on fringe eastern conference teams last year, but neither has played with Lebron so I'm waiting to see how they can play off a star rather than needing to produce in most cases on their own.

I hope the young guys realize their potential and become above average player right away and earn more minutes than Lance and Beasley, but having these guys as your 8-10th man in a rotation isn't a bad thing.

Why do you say that?

Right, I mean you have Lonzo, Rondo, Josh Hart, KCP, BI, LeBron, McGee, Kuz, Wagner/Zubac. I mean how many guys do you need in the rotation? We don't need these clowns stealing minutes from the young guys.

Why do you say that?

Both of them had good years for the amount of minutes they got, especially Lance, he was solid last year. I'm glad we have them and hopefully they do get minutes. Lance also plays good defense. Beasely...he might be the odd man out, not because Zubac (he's gotten worse and worse) but if Wagner looks good, he'll mostly be the stretch 5, since he can also defend and rebound better than Beasely. But he's gonna bring a lot of value to this team if one our bigs go down.

I was surpised his level of energy. He was everywhere

Ya he looked good out there. With guys like Lonzo, Bron, and Rondo passing, he's gonna probably lead the NBA in FG percentage and dunks.
Share 49erswebzone