LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 197 users in the forums

2018-19 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by 9erReign:
Going to the Finals this year. Calling it now.

Only way that happens is if the warriors burn out. Which I think is possible because it almost happened last season, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

smooth release.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Just so weird seeing LBJ in purple and gold. But it's fitting.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Arminini:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by Arminini:
There are reports that Rondo is going to start at PG. Maybe, first couple games if Lonzo is recovering from surgery but yesterday Lonzo said he's 100% and working on his strength to be cleared for 5 on 5.

I really liked the Rondo signing but Lonzo must start. Maybe Lakers are trying to light a fire under Lonzo's ass...but I think Lonzo should be the starter.

I wouldnt hate Rondo starting. It would allow Zo and Kuz to be paired on the 2nd unit as a change of pace.You can decide who closes games based on matchups/performance.

Starter - 8 minutes:
Rondo
KCP
Ingram
Lebron
McGee

Zo, Hart, Kuz, Wagner/Zubac come in with either Ingram or Lebron staying in:

Zo
Hart
Ingram
Kuz
Wagner/Zubac

Start the 2nd quarter:
Lonzo
Hart
Lebron
Kuz
Wagner/Zubac

That's a good thought and breakdown. Since the goal is to win in playoffs, I feel the more time they give Lonzo to gel with the first unit - the better off they will be. But, I understand not forcing this move and let it happen or let Lonzo earn it.

Btw...I feel (and this is just a gut feeling) that Kuzma will either start or will get 33-35mpg. Everyone seems to be so high on him - I just can't imagine that he doesn't force his way into starting lineup or play 33-35mpg at some point.

I would be interested to know how you think Luke will divide up the 240 available minutes? He has so many options - I think this will keep him up at nights to not only find the best lineups but also keep the group happy.

Mannn i've thought about how Lakers minutes will be distributed more than boobs lately but still cant figure out how it'll go.

The thing that trips me up is I dont think Lebron wants to be the biggest guy on the court for more than 10 minutes a game. At the same time I dont know if Kuz, BI, or Beasley are big enough to keep opposing PF/C off the offensive boards so our guards can gang rebound. So working inside out I come up with this...

C - McGee 20 Lebron 10 Kuz 10 BI 4 Beasley 4
PF - Lebron 22 Kuz 22 Beasley 4
SF - BI 28 Lance 12 Svi 8
SG - KCP 24 Hart 24
PG - Zo 30 Rondo 18

Totals
Lebron 32
BI 32
Kuz 32
Zo 30
KCP 24
Hart 24
McGee 20
Rondo 18
Lance 12
Svi 8
Beasley 8

That's really good breakdown. I think Zubac will get a few minutes. I agree with Chile that Svi will play some more minutes - especially later in the season . His shooting will be needed. Plus, I can see a lineup of:

Lebron
Hart/KCP
Svi
BI
Kuzma

When Luke is using Lebron at PG offensively surrounded by sharp shooters only. Both Miami and Cleveland used such a lineup sometimes when they were down big in 3rd quarter.

You've given me some food for thought. I'll do a minutes breakdown by player instead of position. With so many players who can switch - my head was spinning figuring out which position they'll play. But, your breakdown helps with that.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Just so weird seeing LBJ in purple and gold. But it's fitting.

I agree. It's weird. Can't wait to see them play a game. It'll still look weird, but I can't wait.
That's really good breakdown. I think Zubac will get a few minutes. I agree with Chile that Svi will play some more minutes - especially later in the season . His shooting will be needed. Plus, I can see a lineup of:

Lebron
Hart/KCP
Svi
BI
Kuzma

When Luke is using Lebron at PG offensively surrounded by sharp shooters only. Both Miami and Cleveland used such a lineup sometimes when they were down big in 3rd quarter.

You've given me some food for thought. I'll do a minutes breakdown by player instead of position. With so many players who can switch - my head was spinning figuring out which position they'll play. But, your breakdown helps with that.

This kid can really, really rebound too. And for his athleticism, defends well. He is going to surprise everyone but us.

I don't think Lebron is going to be used as PG much tbh. The way magic and Rob been talking they want to keep his usage rate as low as possible. Expect to see more of him off ball. He was a spry young chap in MIA, but we'll see.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
This kid can really, really rebound too. And for his athleticism, defends well. He is going to surprise everyone but us.

I don't think Lebron is going to be used as PG much tbh. The way magic and Rob been talking they want to keep his usage rate as low as possible. Expect to see more of him off ball. He was a spry young chap in MIA, but we'll see.

Yea...really like Svi too. His wingspan is a concern on defense but he's athletic enough to make up for it a little. His jumper is too good to be on bench all game.

Definitely plan is to play Lebron off the ball a lot and I think he will play that way. But, I feel there will be few games where nothing is working and Lebron and Luke will decide that best way to jumpstart the offense is to just give him the ball with 4 shooters for a few minutes and let him attack.

But, I agree - Lebron doesn't have to run the offense all the time because you got Ball, Rondo, and Ingram.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:

Lebron
Hart/KCP
Svi
BI
Kuzma

I dont know who would play PG but i'm getting a chubby picturing a lineup like BI, Svi, Lebron, Kuz, McGee. That group has ridiculous defensive potential.

The greatness of having Lebron with Magic's mentorship is he can play all 5 positions in one game. The famous quote about Magic's final MVP game, "starts at center, plays forward and guard" is the advantage Lebron can provide all year.
OK not this year but next year. Can they realistically do this?....

~ Add Kawhi Leonard.

~ Add Klay Thompson.

~ Keep some (but not all) of their key role players and some young talent.

Add this to Lebron and of course importantly subtract 1 from Golden State keeping in mind that Cousins also leaves Golden State. So they are minus 2. The Lakers add 2 big time stars to Lebron.

I would actually love to see this happen and hope that it does. I think it would be great for the NBA and fun to see.

How can they add this to their cap? Or can they add this to their team? Leonard has Riverside (Southern CA) connections. Klay Thompson has L.A. connections. How likely is this and how does it fit into their cap if they can pull it off?
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 28, 2018 at 10:34 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

~ Add Kawhi Leonard.

~ Add Klay Thompson.

Add this to Lebron and of course importantly subtract 1 from Golden State keeping in mind that Cousins also leaves Golden State. So they are minus 2. The Lakers add 2 big time stars to Lebron.

I would actually love to see this happen and hope that it does. I think it would be great for the NBA and fun to see.

How can they add this to their cap? Or can they add this to their team? Leonard has Riverside (Southern CA) connections. Klay Thompson has L.A. connections. How likely is this and how does it fit into their cap if they can pull it off?

we only have about 40 mil next year, so just one max unless they take big discounts.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-luol-deng-waived-20180901-story.html

Originally posted by TheGore49er:

~ Add Kawhi Leonard.

~ Add Klay Thompson.

we only have about 40 mil next year, so just one max unless they take big discounts.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-luol-deng-waived-20180901-story.html

Maybe they can get somebody to take a little less including even Lebron to add a super team around him. I would like to see it happen. But who knows if it will? Maybe all the guys will go for maximum dollars. It's hard to blame them if they do. Money matters a lot too.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Going to the Finals this year. Calling it now.

Only way that happens is if the warriors burn out. Which I think is possible because it almost happened last season, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I think they burn out and also an injury could cause major problems for them. People are underestimating the greatness of LeBron and after this season people will realize. Also he is a genius for picking the Lakers, somehow people are buying a narrative that he joined a bunch of scrubs. But as you know they actually have a s**tload of talent so when they exceed expectations everyone is going to be like "Look how amazing LeBron is!" lol

~ Add Kawhi Leonard.

~ Add Klay Thompson.

Maybe they can get somebody to take a little less including even Lebron to add a super team around him. I would like to see it happen. But who knows if it will? Maybe all the guys will go for maximum dollars. It's hard to blame them if they do. Money matters a lot too.

Lebron is locked in to the max 4 year he signed. He will take no less than the max for what he signed for. He will only get more money if he signs a new deal. And I really wouldn't put too much hope in guys taking less. NBA contracts are skyrocketing. No legit top tier guys are going to take scraps when they could get 100s of millions of dollars.

~ Add Kawhi Leonard.

~ Add Klay Thompson.

Lebron is locked in to the max 4 year he signed. He will take no less than the max for what he signed for. He will only get more money if he signs a new deal. And I really wouldn't put too much hope in guys taking less. NBA contracts are skyrocketing. No legit top tier guys are going to take scraps when they could get 100s of millions of dollars.

Ya both KL and KT are going into their first first UFA. so the offers are going to be 140+ mil.

i really hope we get KT though. he's a perfect fit for this offense. and would deserve a max.

if we can get a max guy this summer, then we won't need another max guy the following year, just gotta hope that one or two of these young players can turn into all-stars and we'll have a big 3 / 4.

~ Add Kawhi Leonard.

~ Add Klay Thompson.

You are probably right but I would like to see it happen if they can make it happen. At least sign one of those guys. I would like to see both. But maybe it's unrealistic like you say. If you could have one which one would it be and why? Then who would you add as role players around that if you can't get the other one too?
Share 49ersWebzone