LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

2018-19 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by 4ML:
To be honest - out of THE 3 young Lakers players...I'm most confident in BI to become a star. He just has so much raw talent and then he lives and breathes basketball. These are the guys you can bet on. Now, obviously - that's different from can he gel with Lebron...but I again - I feel his game compliments Lebron's game. He can shoot, he can create for himself, and he can create for others. He can do everything well offensively. He's just not as aggressive as he should be...but that will come as he gets more confident. Kyrie did all those things too and complimented Lebron perfectly.

I used to be most skeptical about Kuzma but all I've read this summer that he's gonna be really good because he has insane work ethic as well...and that was the theme in today's media day as well. It's very possible that Kuzma is better than BI this season...but we have to remember that he is 23 and BI just turned 21.

I was a big fan of BI and Lonzo since their college days...and even after the season Kuzma had last season - I wasn't really sure what to think of him. But, since everyone in the NBA he has been in touch with this summer has been so high on him - I'm finally getting excited to see Kuz play with Lebron.

Should be a really fun season. Can't wait to see what happens and how everything turns out.

How many Lakers games did you watch this last season?
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
To be honest - out of THE 3 young Lakers players...I'm most confident in BI to become a star. He just has so much raw talent and then he lives and breathes basketball. These are the guys you can bet on. Now, obviously - that's different from can he gel with Lebron...but I again - I feel his game compliments Lebron's game. He can shoot, he can create for himself, and he can create for others. He can do everything well offensively. He's just not as aggressive as he should be...but that will come as he gets more confident. Kyrie did all those things too and complimented Lebron perfectly.

I used to be most skeptical about Kuzma but all I've read this summer that he's gonna be really good because he has insane work ethic as well...and that was the theme in today's media day as well. It's very possible that Kuzma is better than BI this season...but we have to remember that he is 23 and BI just turned 21.

I was a big fan of BI and Lonzo since their college days...and even after the season Kuzma had last season - I wasn't really sure what to think of him. But, since everyone in the NBA he has been in touch with this summer has been so high on him - I'm finally getting excited to see Kuz play with Lebron.

Should be a really fun season. Can't wait to see what happens and how everything turns out.

He only found out that the Lakers were an NBA team when LeBron signed with them.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Am I supposed to count the number of games? Lol

Anyway, quite a few games...especially when BI was healthy. Have posted about BI and Lonzo several times in last years thread - and raved about the improvement he has shown even when many ppl in the thread were skeptical. Even watched the Lakers during summer league 2017 though BI got hurt. Have said before - he's one of my favorite young players (along with Lonzo) which is why I wanted Lebron to come to Lakers.
[ Edited by 4ML on Sep 26, 2018 at 10:08 AM ]
There are reports that Rondo is going to start at PG. Maybe, first couple games if Lonzo is recovering from surgery but yesterday Lonzo said he's 100% and working on his strength to be cleared for 5 on 5.

I really liked the Rondo signing but Lonzo must start. Maybe Lakers are trying to light a fire under Lonzo's ass...but I think Lonzo should be the starter.

No reason to rush Lonzo back. He's pretty familiar with this system now, and Rondo is more than capable of being our PG until Lonzo is 110% healthy.

Anyway, quite a few games...especially when BI was healthy. Have posted about BI and Lonzo several times in last years thread - and raved about the improvement he has shown even when many ppl in the thread were skeptical. Even watched the Lakers during summer league 2017 though BI got hurt. Have said before - he's one of my favorite young players (along with Lonzo) which is why I wanted Lebron to come to Lakers.

No but you have an insane amount of input for a guy that just became a fan. Before I start dissecting what think I is wrong with some of the takes want to just gauge if you just need more time or not. I'm new to this whole "bounce around to every team my favorite player is on" trend.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
He only found out that the Lakers were an NBA team when LeBron signed with them.

This.

Will try to catch couple of Timberwolves games in the G-League too.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

No but you have an insane amount of input for a guy that just became a fan. Before I start dissecting what think I is wrong with some of the takes want to just gauge if you just need more time or not. I'm new to this whole "bounce around to every team my favorite player is on" trend.

Speaking of things you're new to - NBA has a league pass for more than a decade.

Speaking of things you're new to - NBA has a league pass for more than a decade.

?

Ok well since you have the time to keep up on all teams Lebron might have gone to with these newfound "league pass powers" gonna need a scouting report on all teams in our conference STAT
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Sep 26, 2018 at 10:41 AM ]
I still can't figure out why we signed Michael Beasley.

And apparently Javale is knocking down plenty of 3s.

My man crush Svi is just draining during practice. Hopefully he isn't like Vujacic, the greatest 3 point practice shooter in the history of the association.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

?

Ok well since you have the time to keep up on all teams Lebron might have gone to with these newfound "league pass powers" gonna need a scouting report on all teams in our conference STAT

Lol I've been saying for a year that he'll go to Lakers or Sixers (now I didn't have any insight - it was just where I wanted him to go because both teams had some of my favorite young players). And, I didn't give you any scouting report on the Lakers. Just my opinion on BI and Lonzo.
[ Edited by 4ML on Sep 26, 2018 at 10:50 AM ]

?

Lol I've been saying for a year that he'll go to Lakers or Sixers (now I didn't have any insight - it was just where I wanted him to go because both teams had some of my favorite young players). And, I didn't give you any scouting report on the Lakers. Just my opinion on BI and Lonzo.

Sorry my sarcasm might have been misunderstood. I welcome any and all laker fans, for whatever the reason. Need the revenue, buy as many jerseys and large colas as possible.

Should be a fun season.

this isn't something new. everybody was a Lakers/Celtics fan in 80s. everybody was a Bulls fan in the 90s. then came back on the Kobe bandwagon, then they hopped on Lebrons bandwagon. as long as you know what your talking about it, who cares.

i've known plenty of Kobe/Bron fans when I lived in south carolina from my teens and college years. I grew up in socal, but moved to SC during high school. most of the fans down there dont give a f**k about the Hawks or Hornets, and why would they...

we're are lucky to be 49er/Laker fans growing up, but if you lived in a market that didn't have a good team for most of its history, you would feel differently as well, like millions of people in the South do, especially when it comes to basketball.
This is pointless, it doesn't matter why he's a fan. Welcome.

I will say this - If Kobe got himself traded to the Clippers, no f**king way I would have joined the other 12 Clipper fans across the globe. I know that for sure.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

?

Sorry my sarcasm might have been misunderstood. I welcome any and all laker fans, for whatever the reason. Need the revenue, buy as many jerseys and large colas as possible.

Should be a fun season.

I'm sure Buss family is doing just fine. They got an excellent tv deal with Time Warner/Spectrum - or whatever they call it now.

I don't buy jerseys or colas and Kings are the closest nba city to me. But, I do buy league pass - so they'll get couple of my dollars.

Btw...NBALP also has condensed games. You can follow a lot of teams/players if you really want to in short amount of time.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
There are reports that Rondo is going to start at PG. Maybe, first couple games if Lonzo is recovering from surgery but yesterday Lonzo said he's 100% and working on his strength to be cleared for 5 on 5.

I really liked the Rondo signing but Lonzo must start. Maybe Lakers are trying to light a fire under Lonzo's ass...but I think Lonzo should be the starter.

No reason to rush Lonzo back. He's pretty familiar with this system now, and Rondo is more than capable of being our PG until Lonzo is 110% healthy.

True. Just can't wait to see Lonzo, Lebron, and BI on the court together
Share 49ersWebzone